newbee wwyd #6

jtompilot

Verified Member
Jim, I apologize for the implication. I was trying to speak to the newbees who are still very much in the learning stage. I believe there are many on this site who we never hear from. My statement was intended to be more of a generalization for all of us. We all have weaknesses in our game which we should address if we are to improve. I freely admit I do.

So many times players are practicing the wrong things. I have students who come to me and tell me how they practiced this shot or that one and are so proud of there accomplishments. That's fine I tell them, but don't you already know those shots pretty well? "Well yes, but now I have them down pat." I hear this all the time. I am constantly asking these people about those shots they say they hate because they just can't get the hang of them. That is the kind of practice they should be pursuing.

Proper practice requires we work to improve the areas we are weak at before working on the areas where we already have a firm understanding. Again, I'm not directing this at you but at all of us in general. Me included.

Turn weaknesses into strengths with practice and then turn the strengths into weapons.

Tom
Many good points, explanations, and options Tom. Great work.

The other option I wanted to ask you about is, If you choose to bank the 1 with no chance of pocketing a ball, why not stun the QB with a little rt and try to freeze the QB on one of those three balls. That would be really strong. Not a great angle for that though, maybe follow to get the QB there.

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
Many good points, explanations, and options Tom. Great work.

The other option I wanted to ask you about is, If you choose to bank the 1 with no chance of pocketing a ball, why not stun the QB with a little rt and try to freeze the QB on one of those three balls. That would be really strong. Not a great angle for that though, maybe follow to get the QB there.
As I said in an early post # 3 "it's a beaut"
The shot lays perfect, why do you keep saying "no chance of making a ball"
Rod.

jtompilot

Verified Member
As I said in an early post # 3 "it's a beaut"
The shot lays perfect, why do you keep saying "no chance of making a ball"
Rod.
I don't know why I said that, but I did say it was a good shot. Sometimes I need my head examined.