New To One Pocket

waynewhiting

Hi, my name is Wayne Whiting and I live in Southern Oregon. I have to admit I was one of those guys who thought one pocket was for old guys who couldn't see anymore to pocket balls. Okay, I admit I was wrong. Looking forward to learning one pocket and improving my overall game.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Hi, my name is Wayne Whiting and I live in Southern Oregon. I have to admit I was one of those guys who thought one pocket was for old guys who couldn't see anymore to pocket balls. Okay, I admit I was wrong. Looking forward to learning one pocket and improving my overall game.

Welcome to the crazy world of one pocket!

TinMan

From
Cordova, TN
One Pocket skill builder

One Pocket skill builder

I too, am new to One Pocket. I'm finding that this game is building my skills on several levels, but particularly in defense. Defense is all about ball control and that is key to all pool games. Welcome to the game. Hope to run into you down the road.

"Break a Stick"
TinMan

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Welcome to the game guys.

One way that one pocket will help you when you play all the other games is that you work so hard to get a shot from your opponent that when you finally do you don't want to waste the opportunity by rushing your chance to pocket some balls. You'll find yourself concentrating and focusing more to maximize your chance at the table.

This discipline will carry over to all of your other games and make you a better player. Welcome aboard.

unoperro

Verified Member
I too, am new to One Pocket. I'm finding that this game is building my skills on several levels, but particularly in defense. Defense is all about ball control and that is key to all pool games. Welcome to the game. Hope to run into you down the road.

"Break a Stick"
TinMan

Glad you have taken up this great game. Maybe I can meet you and Matt Hilton and we can play some in the Little Apple;)

Jim McCary

Verified Member
Welcome to another convert. After a little while, you will not play anything else. You just become addicted and you can't help it.

Jim Mc

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
Wayne/Tin I was right where you guys are 4 years ago. Like you, I was fortunate enough to stumble across 1P.Org. This community is filled with information coming from 100’s of years of experience and top of that it is a great collection of people.

So make yourselves at home. I would start going through all of the WWYD threads as well as watching YouTube matches.

Again welcome and good luck with your games.

Ben

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
New To One Pocket

Wayne/Tin I was right where you guys are 4 years ago. Like you, I was fortunate enough to stumble across 1P.Org. This community is filled with information coming from 100’s of years of experience and top of that it is a great collection of people.

So make yourselves at home. I would start going through all of the WWYD threads as well as watching YouTube matches.

Again welcome and good luck with your games.

Ben

Yeah Fellas. In just 4 years you too can finish top 15 at the derby!! Piece of cake! 😉

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
welcome wayne and tinman
i live in vero beach fl
if you are near me
shoot me a pm and maybe we can meet up to play
the archives are treasure troves of info with the wwyd
but if you post your shots all of us will give constructive advice...:)
larry a/k/a ....lll (LLL)

chicagomike

Verified Member

Hi Wayne! Thanks for the introduction. This is THE place to learn...lots of great people here willing to share knowledge and good times! Looking forward to meeting you at some point!

chicagomike

Verified Member

"Break a Stick"
TinMan

Welcome TinMan! Lots to learn and you’ve found a fine place to do it here.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Welcome Wayne and TinMan, to the family known as onepocket.org. And I mean it, we are a family...whatever mother Steve says is the law. LOL

Looking forward to meeting you.
Dave

beatle

Verified Member
hey wayne pm me if there are any big action players in medford or klamath falls nowadays.

glad we got a new face around here post often.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Yo, Wayne and TinMan, welcome aboard.

If you haven't discovered the WWYD threads (WhatWouldYouDo?) check them out, and don't be reluctant to say what you think you would do. If you're "wrong" it might do you more good than being "right." :)

There are plenty of people willing to "help" you with a minimum of profanity. :D

JLM

Yo, Wayne and TinMan, welcome aboard.

If you haven't discovered the WWYD threads (WhatWouldYouDo?) check them out, and don't be reluctant to say what you think you would do. If you're "wrong" it might do you more good than being "right." :)

There are plenty of people willing to "help" you with a minimum of profanity. :D

These WWYD threads have been quite the help in seeing new outs/shots for me as new player to onepocket. I now have a new routine in the mornings with my coffee :lol

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
These WWYD threads have been quite the help in seeing new outs/shots for me as new player to onepocket. I now have a new routine in the mornings with my coffee :lol

Learning new shots is great. However, for me, the real nuggets lie in the explanation of why a specific shot is the correct choice.

Watch as many matches as you can when commentary is done by Billy, Jeremy Jones, and josh Roberts. Their insight to the game is very educational.