new rules forum

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I was wondering if it would not be a bad idea to add a new forum for rules questions as it is nice to go back and look at them and have them all laid out in a single place

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
From
Berkeley, CA
The main problem with a sub-forum is that a lot of people won't look at it very often -- maybe only when they have a question -- and it won't get a lot of traffic. That has happened to a lot of subforums historically.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I would love to see something you could print out, and take to the poolroom, and ask the regulars if they want to play by them.
We have a guy who was the best player here for 40 years, who everyone goes to for rulings.
The problem is , he hasn't played in a tournament in 40 years, hasn't been out of town for 35 and hasn't played seriously with any good players for 30, so he has no idea what the rules are now , he makes calls from back in the 70s.
It's ok as long as you never leave that room , but a written set of current rules would be good for anyone who may venture out.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Just out of curiosity I just searched “rule” in thread titles here in this forum and got about 100 threads.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I would love to see something you could print out, and take to the poolroom, and ask the regulars if they want to play by them.
We have a guy who was the best player here for 40 years, who everyone goes to for rulings.
The problem is , he hasn't played in a tournament in 40 years, hasn't been out of town for 35 and hasn't played seriously with any good players for 30, so he has no idea what the rules are now , he makes calls from back in the 70s.
It's ok as long as you never leave that room , but a written set of current rules would be good for anyone who may venture out.
That is available here on our rules page:

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
cheap troll, Bob.

No; you're more goofy now and yes, getting better looking all the time.

...Is that good enough to get me a 10/5?

(remembering RSB w/Bob, Pltrgyst, Sheldon, Hamster, etc..)