New Rule

senor

Verified Member
I think this is the first thread I've ever started. It took me a couple of minutes to find the 'new thread' link.

There needs to be a new rule when talking about Dippy. Dippy does not play good as I read so often when people post about him. The guy can barely hold a cue. Dippy might play good enough to win getting 18-4, but that is still open for debate as long as players keep taking shots.

Please, if someone feels the need to say that Dippy plays good, or usually shoots the right shot, qualify the statement by adding for someone getting 18-4.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
senor said:
I think this is the first thread I've ever started. It took me a couple of minutes to find the 'new thread' link.

There needs to be a new rule when talking about Dippy. Dippy does not play good as I read so often when people post about him. The guy can barely hold a cue. Dippy might play good enough to win getting 18-4, but that is still open for debate as long as players keep taking shots.

Please, if someone feels the need to say that Dippy plays good, or usually shoots the right shot, qualify the statement by adding for someone getting 18-4.

Agreed, I been doubtful about these stories about him out moving people in the end game. Some posters saying that was his plan.:)

Deeman

Verified Member
I have only watched him a bit but, as you say, anyone getting 18-4 from anyone is a gambler, not a player!

Sure, he may have guts but the one thing he brings to the game is cash and that always offers speculation about real skill level.

senor

Verified Member
Deeman, speculation about Dippy's skill level is quickly lowered once a few innings of one of his matches is watched. The notion some posters had of him laying down some lemons a while back was comedic in its lunacy.

Rod, it appears the only plan Dippy has is to play great, known players so he can get 18-4 and to bet as high as they can. He doesn't seem to have any desire to play someone w/o a high profile. Little prima donna in him but I guess that comes with the whale territory sometimes.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
senor said:

senor,

You're right about "qualifying" when talking about Dave but I'll tell you one thing: I watched him go safety-for-safety with Corey the other night for 5-6 shots in a row with 14 or 15 balls on the table. He beat Corey to the shot and ran 4 & out. He did outmove Corey many times with just several balls on the table, but again, he's firing at anything because he only needs a couple. I know it's only one game in a long set but if you had seen it you would have been laughing. For short stretches he can go move-for-move with a good player and he only needs short stretches to win.

Dave is not completely helpless but he's definitely looser because he's getting all of that weight.

Dennis

senor

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
senor,

You're right about "qualifying" when talking about Dave but I'll tell you one thing: I watched him go safety-for-safety with Corey the other night for 5-6 shots in a row with 14 or 15 balls on the table. He beat Corey to the shot and ran 4 & out. He did outmove Corey many times with just several balls on the table, but again, he's firing at anything because he only needs a couple. I know it's only one game in a long set but if you had seen it you would have been laughing. For short stretches he can go move-for-move with a good player and he only needs short stretches to win.

Dave is not completely helpless but he's definitely looser because he's getting all of that weight.

Dennis

I believe it...as someone who has given up outrageous weight before, it is very frustrating to have the goose shoot good shots several innings in a row. Obviously, that doesn't mean they don't deserve the weight.