New Guy .....

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona
Hey all,

I just joined onepocket.org and look forward reading all the good stuff.

Anyhoo, I'm from Tucson, that's a couple hours south of all the good 1 pocket players :(

I started running a 1 pocket tourney the 1st saturday of each month. We use a handicap format I received from Preacher Ronn. Not sure if he made it or got it from others. We've been running it since January and it seems to work out just fine. Usually the better players still win, but that seems to be the norm for most tournaments.

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
Hey all,

Anyhoo, I'm from Tucson, that's a couple hours south of all the good 1 pocket players :(

I started running a 1 pocket tourney the 1st saturday of each month. We use a handicap format I received from Preacher Ronn. Not sure if he made it or got it from others. We've been running it since January and it seems to work out just fine. Usually the better players still win, but that seems to be the norm for most tournaments.

keep it up, let the little guys have a chance too

... and WELCOME!

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Hey all,

Check out californiacuesports.com We run handicap one pocket tournaments in several rooms in CA. The handicaps adjust weekly. Much better system, but anything people play in is great.

Of course, I am primarily a bar table ten ball player (Inside joke).

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
handicapped tournaments that are won by the same minority groups time and time again are an example of a handicap system that doesn't work ...

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
New Guy .....

handicapped tournaments that are won by the same minority groups time and time again are an example of a handicap system that doesn't work ...

Handicapped or not, tournaments should be won by "winners" and that is a minority group in all sports at all levels. If a handicap systems lets lazy "loser" players win, now that is a real problem.

Kudos to Tucson9 for promoting One Pocket and if his handicap system gets more players to play then I like it :)

Welcome to Onepocket.org sir!!

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Hey all,

hi chris, welcome. keith

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Hey all,

Check out californiacuesports.com We run handicap one pocket tournaments in several rooms in CA. The handicaps adjust weekly. Much better system, but anything people play in is great.

Of course, I am primarily a bar table ten ball player (Inside joke).

Welcome to the site tuscon9ball, nice handle:). By the way, jrhendy is telling you the truth...we actually found him over at Tiddlywinks.org. trying to get guys to gamble at Hopscotch:p

Dennis

andyk

From
Tucson, Az
Hi Chris!

Hi Chris!

Hi Chris. Andy here. Welcome to the site... There is indeed some pretty good stuff on here. Have been discussing handicap options a little with our other tourney director. Might be worth talking about before the next tourney.

Peace,

Andy

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Hey all,

Hey, was it you I played about four years ago.

Welcome