nevel/owen...wwyd

lll

Verified Member
its gabes shot
for those visually impaired like me......:D
the cue ball is next to the stripe by the upper left hand corner as we view the table
EDIT : BASED ON THE REPSONCES SO FAR WE WILL CALL THE SOLID BY THE SIDE POCKET THE 6 BALL
gl1.jpg

Last edited:

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
That looks like a tough spot to be in. If it is not possible to make the 6 ball without scratching.... then I'd thin the 6 ball and roll the cue ball down to near their corner pocket (hopefully get under the stripe that's in front of their pocket)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
nevel/owen...wwyd

I think if he cuts the 6 to his hole he misses the scratch in the side, comes off the long rail and gets under the 14 in the short rail. Smooth medium stroke with a bit of high right.

mosconiac

Verified Member
GO should be able to land here without effort. He's stuck either moving the stripe on the next shot or giving me a chance to on my next shot. All he will have left is the stripe on the end rail.

Attachments

Island Drive

Verified Member
....Clip the stripe next to the cue ball with r/s inside, put whitey behind it parallel to the head rail....there appears to be enough of a gap to pull this off.

Dudley

Verified Member
I would shoot it like this with a little high left..

Many good things could happen. If the balls roll right you could protect any banks by having a ball in the open on your side.

Dudley

gl1 dud's option.JPG

straightback

Verified Member

Many good things could happen. If the balls roll right you could protect any banks by having a ball in the open on your side.

Dudley

View attachment 9696
Many bad things can happen as well, such as selling out your entire lead and maybe the game! There are way too many moving parts on that shot to make it anywhere near as effective as moving the 6 and hooking him with the stripe by his corner.

Gabe has a lead and a superior lie of the balls. So much so that he figures to win this match in the next few innings. To jeopardize that on an overcomplicated shot is not worth it.

When I first looked at this WWYD, I thought it was NEVEL'S shot and I was mentally commending Gabe for CB placement. That is to say, it would be nice if Gabe could just "pass." So, although Nevel can bank, I like Island Drive's shot, which essentially leaves the CB where it's at. If I went for that, I would be thinking about trying to get the CB frozen to the cushion where, if Nevel banks at the 6, the kiss would be on.

It's hard to tell if ID's shot is "on" in such a way that you can lay the stripe down on the rail and prevent him from blasting away at your hard work.

All in all, the game can be won with an intelligent shot from here. It can likewise be lost if you give Nevel some daylight. (I'm in favor of an executioner's hood, not a wedding veil.)

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
str8back
i thought id let dudley enjoy whatever led him to post that shot....:D
just teasing dudley...:)

Dudley

Verified Member
Many bad things can happen as well, such as selling out your entire lead and maybe the game! There are way too many moving parts on that shot to make it anywhere near as effective as moving the 6 and hooking him with the stripe by his corner.

Gabe has a lead and a superior lie of the balls. So much so that he figures to win this match in the next few innings. To jeopardize that on an overcomplicated shot is not worth it.

When I first looked at this WWYD, I thought it was NEVEL'S shot and I was mentally commending Gabe for CB placement. That is to say, it would be nice if Gabe could just "pass." So, although Nevel can bank, I like Island Drive's shot, which essentially leaves the CB where it's at. If I went for that, I would be thinking about trying to get the CB frozen to the cushion where, if Nevel banks at the 6, the kiss would be on.

It's hard to tell if ID's shot is "on" in such a way that you can lay the stripe down on the rail and prevent him from blasting away at your hard work.

All in all, the game can be won with an intelligent shot from here. It can likewise be lost if you give Nevel some daylight. (I'm in favor of an executioner's hood, not a wedding veil.)
I do believe in my shot even if the balls don't roll as I showed them.. The key is that you are moving at least one ball away from your opponents pocket and leaving the cue ball on the end rail.. The only important thing is to have very precise speed and a controlled line with your rock.

I don't like to leave much that's make-able for my opponent. Sometimes you can delay for an inning but when I get a chance I like to move things around.

It's always tough to see how the balls lie from a picture but I would definitely give this option a thought.

Dudley, Mr. Do Right :)

bernie p

Verified Member
Given the lead that I have (especially in the case game) and the location of the balls..... I would tempted to to one rail kick the striped (14?) ball away from Nevel's pocket.

The kick appears to be fairly controllable regarding both the cue ball and the 14 stripe. I should be able to guard against leaving a long bank given that I can re-position the 14 stripe ball onto my side of the table.

Granted, this is not a play that will put any pressure on Nevel, but at this point it's crucial that Gabe comes back to the table without giving up a shot.

The thought process here, for me, is forcing Nevel to attempt to win this on an aggressive Hail Mary, rather than me taking on unnecessary risk to lose it.

Bernie.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I like Bernie's shot as usual. Looks simple and easy to me.

NH Steve

Administrator
nevel/owen...wwyd

....Clip the stripe next to the cue ball with r/s inside, put whitey behind it parallel to the head rail....there appears to be enough of a gap to pull this off.

This is what I am looking at too. I might even take a scratch to get there, because that adds a threat ball on the spot.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
When I first saw the layout, I assumed Gabe's pocket was by the CB. But if his pocket is the other one, it looks to me like he could just cut in the stripe by the CB, then make the one, then rack 'em. Are the CB and the stripe angled more acutely into the foot rail than they appear?

Doc

senor

Verified Member

Dudley

View attachment 9696
That's the first shot i saw Dudley, but I don't think I'd be letting them fly. I'd just be trying to get the six on my side, leave whitey on the rail and try to cover banking lanes...that's all :D

onepockethacker

Verified Member
When I first saw the layout, I assumed Gabe's pocket was by the CB. But if his pocket is the other one, it looks to me like he could just cut in the stripe by the CB, then make the one, then rack 'em. Are the CB and the stripe angled more acutely into the foot rail than they appear?

Doc
Pretty good shot selection.. everyone over looked that option... now I see why you ran 3 8 and outs on Wiseman..... oh by the way... THE POCKETS ARE ON THE OTHER END OF THE TABLE LMFAO

lll

Verified Member
Pretty good shot selection.. everyone over looked that option... now I see why you ran 3 8 and outs on Wiseman..... oh by the way... THE POCKETS ARE ON THE OTHER END OF THE TABLE LMFAO
thanks for pointing that out rob...:D
i deleted the "lmfao" in the bolded part on purpose cause its not my style....:heh
even tho doc deserves it.....:eek:
not like him to be disoriented 180 degrees.....:confused: