Need info on Jessie from Mexico?

CaptainHook

Verified Member
From
Flamingo,St.Pete FL.
Anyone know a guy named Jessie. He is from Mexico and play's Jamup 1P.
He came into town (St.Pete Fla.) last weekend and beat our local 1P player
Jeff Brinkman aka, Piano Man out of $400.00 Jeff had to ask for a 10-7 spot in the last two games this guy was so good. He came thru looking for Buddy.
He was with another guy unknown to us. They played on our Gold Crown in the front room of the Flamingo. The guy got our table speed down really fast.
They say he had the Piano Man tied up in knots Steve Cook style. Anyone heard of this guy? I was not there when this went down last saturday night. :)

jnav447

From
Orlando, Fl
I know Jesse fairly well, we hang out in the same room. I don't want to knock his action - I'll only say he's a gentleman to play with, pays when he loses, and won't give anybody any "attitude". Anybody coming to Orlando, come to Jimmy's Billiards (Jimmy Shwab from NYC, used to run the road with Richie Ambrose), match up with Jesse and, win or lose, you will enjoy playing him; he plays 1P the way God intended it to be played.

Last edited:

100andout

Verified Member
From
FL/PA
I have no info on the guy, just a question. Whats Steve Cook style mean? and what style does he play?....Thanks, Gerry

jnav447

From
Orlando, Fl
100andout said:
I have no info on the guy, just a question. Whats Steve Cook style mean? and what style does he play?....Thanks, Gerry

A style of thoroughly suffocating defense, where you never get anything to work with. A real good 1P player, the late Charlie Justice, told me that Steve Cook was the toughest game he ever had, and Charlie played everybody over the years. He said he'd put Steve in what he thought was a trap in or near the stack, and Steve would brush a stack ball, go 2 or 3 rails and freeze behind a ball at the other end of the table, consistently. Charlie said he didn't know how anybody could beat Steve when he was in his prime unless they made a ball on the break and ran out. I've got a couple of Steve's ACCU-STATS videos, but he wasn't at his best in either. Anyone give me a tip on a Cook video where he's in top form?

bartley

Verified Member
Jesse from Mexico

Jesse from Mexico

I know this Jesse guy all too well...now! About two weeks ago I played him some one pocket at Fatso's in Tampa for $80 a game. I had him stuck four games, but he came back and ended up winning four games. We played about four hours.

Tonight, he beat me out of about $1,200 playing nine ball giving me the call 7 and 8. He is a gentleman to play with. Don't want to knock his action, but I paid the price to have the privilege to say...this guy can play.