Nate headed your way?

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
Doc/Colonel Bill, hope you and any other members on the Gulf coast are high & dry. Keep out of Nate's way if you can..

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Yeah, looks like we're going to get bopped pretty good. I'm 9/10ths of a mile north of the beach, so I won't flood. Bille is much closer, and below the east-west railroad riser, which is considered to be in the surge flood zone. He got some flooding in Katrina, but with Nate, it's only going to be a category 1 hurricane, so it might not be too bad.

As you know, the biggest pain in the ass is the power outage. Nate will be rough enough to take out power, so it's just a question of who's lucky and who isn't..:)

It'll be rough sleeping tonight, with all the roaring wind and downpour. Miss Kitty and our pooch Lily will probably hunker down in the spare room..:) But fingers
are crossed for the damage.

~Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
It missed us here in New Orleans. I was just at Col. Billie’s house playing Thursday. He’s in the middle of remodeling, hopefully Billie, Doc and Jason come out OK

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I saw the thread title and at first glance thought you were talking about the old timer black road player Nate. Nope, Hurricane Nate. You guys in the whole south coast Carolinas to Texas are having a rough season this year!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Nate wasn't that bad. I believe they were calling it a Category I, but it was more like a tropical storm. We've got a ton of debris to clean up, but the best part was that we never lost electric power. So without power loss, everything is easily cleaned up and refurbished.

Haven't watched the news, but I think the center was in Biloxi, so they and Pascagoula (being on the east side) got it worse. But it was too weak to cause any major damage. And that should end the storm threat for this year!

~Doc

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Nate wasn't that bad. I believe they were calling it a Category I, but it was more like a tropical storm. We've got a ton of debris to clean up, but the best part was that we never lost electric power. So without power loss, everything is easily cleaned up and refurbished.

Haven't watched the news, but I think the center was in Biloxi, so they and Pascagoula (being on the east side) got it worse. But it was too weak to cause any major damage. And that should end the storm threat for this year!

~Doc

That's good, Doc.. I thought for sure your power would get knocked out.. That thing sure spawned off some tornadoes up here..Out Meteorologist around here, John Cessarich, said he's never seen anything like it, in this area, and he's been here for decades.. I know some tornadoes traveled up through Spartanburg County too, where T-Rex and DO were playing.. Super Cells, dancing all around...I know the stream went down.. Hope it's ok..