N.O. Members Tourney Entries & Confirmed Players Listing

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Deadline Approaching

Deadline Approaching

Just a friendly reminder: It is 7 days away (including today) from the deadline to enter the tournament. If you are planning play in the tournament, you may send in your entry fee by mail at the address provided in post #1 of this thread. Please do not post it after Thursday, 11 August) because I cannot guarantee it will reach my mailbox in time. It would be safer to use PayPall from this point forward. No entries received past 15 August will be accepted. You may still submit your entry fee any time via PayPal up to and including 15 August, after which entries will be closed.

Likewise, the polls on various rules clarifications are still open until 15 August. By the way, no one has voted in a several weeks, so if you are planning to play, please vote if you care about any of the details up for discussion. After August 15 the votes will be tallied, but if you are not signed up for the tournament by that time, your vote will not be counted.

The polls at this time are:

Measles or red circle cue ball? http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11846

Ball in hand behind the line: Base of ball or whole ball? http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11852

Ball on the break re-rack or count or? http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11849

Rack your own, or opponent racks? http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11848

PS: After adjusting the current tallies for those who have enter so far, show that most of these polls may end up being decided by as little as 1 vote. So if you really care about these issues, please vote.

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Just a friendly reminder: It is 7 days away (including today) from the deadline to enter the tournament. If you are planning play in the tournament, you may send in your entry fee by mail at the address provided in post #1 of this thread. Please do not post it after Thursday, 11 August) because I cannot guarantee it will reach my mailbox in time. It would be safer to use PayPall from this point forward. No entries received past 15 August will be accepted. You may still submit your entry fee any time via PayPal up to and including 15 August, after which entries will be closed.

Likewise, the polls on various rules clarifications are still open until 15 August. By the way, no one has voted in a several weeks, so if you are planning to play, please vote if you care about any of the details up for discussion. After August 15 the votes will be tallied, but if you are not signed up for the tournament by that time, your vote will not be counted.

The polls at this time are:

Measles or red circle cue ball? http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11846

Ball in hand behind the line: Base of ball or whole ball? http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11852

Ball on the break re-rack or count or? http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11849

Rack your own, or opponent racks? http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11848

PS: After adjusting the current tallies for those who have enter so far, show that most of these polls may end up being decided by as little as 1 vote. So if you really care about these issues, please vote.

Guess it's to late for a mailed entry fee, are we accepting any verbal commitments, like "I will be there, Scout's Honor", or is paypal the only way out now?

Looks like all those who so vehemently objected to a maximum 48 player field, were worried needlessly, if were don't hurry, we might not get to 32!!!:D

P.S. Are we really shutting down entries the 15th of August? If any long time contributing member were to suddenly find his calendar cleared and showed up at Lacy's on the 23rd of September, ( Dr. Bill is one that comes to mind ) whom shall be the one to deny him entry? Just sayin.... NOT ME...

P.P.S. Or for that matter, any verified member in good standing...

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Guess it's to late for a mailed entry fee, are we accepting any verbal commitments, like "I will be there, Scout's Honor", or is paypal the only way out now?

P.S. Are we really shutting down entries the 15th of August? If any long time contributing member were to suddenly find his calendar cleared and showed up at Lacy's on the 23rd of September, ( Dr. Bill is one that comes to mind ) whom shall be the one to deny him entry? Just sayin.... NOT ME...

P.P.S. Or for that matter, any verified member in good standing...

That's Dave's call for now because he's collecting the money.

Once we get to N.O., it will become Steve's call -- unless Steve weighs in before N.O.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
That's Dave's call for now because he's collecting the money.

Once we get to N.O., it will become Steve's call -- unless Steve weighs in before N.O.

Here's the deal after I talked with Steve:

1. Entries collected by me by mail or Matt by PayPal end on the 15th.

2. If we have greater than or equal to 32 players, entries are closed.

3. If less than 32 entries, Steve will cap entries at 32 and allow entries and alternates to fill field of 32. Method and timing of payment TBD Steve's direction.

That's all I have for now.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

3. If less than 32 entries, Steve will cap entries at 32 and allow entries and alternates to fill field of 32. Method and timing of payment TBD Steve's direction.

Cool. Cutting people off if we have an offical cap is no problem. I was just worried about cutting someone off when we didn't have a numerical limit.

Thanks.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

Ok that's cool Dave/Steve/John, everyone has been given ample time to consider playing and certainly enough time to pay their entry fee. Should be no problems.... It is what it is.... Looking forward to it, it's going to be fun... :):D

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Sadly, Frank Almanza (Da Barber) has some medical issues to address and will be unable to attend our soiree. Upon his request, his entry fee will remain in the tournament fund.

In other news, WGCP has notified me that his check is in the mail. I'll be on the lookout for it.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Where's the Flounder?

Where's the Flounder?

I just received Col. Billie's (wgcp) check via priority mail and posted at the bank. One problem...I was expecting to be paid in flounders, not Benjamins! :):D:heh

Thanks Billie

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Sadly, Frank Almanza (Da Barber) has some medical issues to address and will be unable to attend our soiree. Upon his request, his entry fee will remain in the tournament fund.

In other news, WGCP has notified me that his check is in the mail. I'll be on the lookout for it.

Class act all the way, going to miss seeing you... I hope everything works out Frank and we get to see you in October at the 2nd Annual Super Senior One Pocket Classic...

Get well, I want a shot at that $90.00 you clipped me for last year... :(
:):):)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

We will miss Frank. Get well soon

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
Classy Guy, that Frank Almanza............

Classy Guy, that Frank Almanza............

I was so looking forward to seeing Frank and his wife. NP, next time.

JoeyA

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

Class act all the way, going to miss seeing you... I hope everything works out Frank and we get to see you in October at the 2nd Annual Super Senior One Pocket Classic...

Get well, I want a shot at that $90.00 you clipped me for last year... :(
:):):)

We will miss Frank. Get well soon

I was so looking forward to seeing Frank and his wife. NP, next time.

JoeyA

disregard my message frank. i should have read through all this first.

hope things are good with you. get well and take care.

dustin

troutmanmo

Verified Member
From
Houston

Sorry to hear about your issues Frank,hope it gets better for you. Tell Cheryl I said "hi".

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Confirmed Players Listing.

Confirmed Players Listing.

The period for committing to enter the tournament has ended as of midnight last night. Matt Hilton and I are no longer accepting entry fees. We have a field of 31 confirmed players (shown below).

Per my last conversation with NH Steve on this matter, the brackets will be drawn up as a 32-man tournament. Steve Booth will communicate how a 32nd player may be determined and any alternates may selected as well as the submittal of entry fee.

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
The period for committing to enter the tournament has ended as of midnight last night. Matt Hilton and I are no longer accepting entry fees. We have a field of 31 confirmed players (shown below).

Per my last conversation with NH Steve on this matter, the brackets will be drawn up as a 32-man tournament. Steve Booth will communicate how a 32nd player may be determined and any alternates may selected as well as the submittal of entry fee.

1. Thanks again for doing the organizing!

2. I laughed out loud (literally, people are looking at me like I'm weird--more so than usual) when I saw that you recorded my $2 calcutta bid on myself. Well done, and the bid stands!

Cory

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I agree!

And can we give Disco Dave a serious round of applause for all his work and documentation to get us this far? THANK YOU DAVE!!!!