fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Now youre talking!

Now youre talking!

Cowboy Dennis said:
Freddy,

This girl has been living in a nearby park and she says that she'd be willing to let you tow her trailer to Chicago with her in it, but she says that she would have to hear the secret to one-pocket first.

Just post it here and I'll show it to her:) .

View attachment 394

Much more effective lure than all those insults from brother Lou.

the Beard

Notice how I have never yet called him childish, or crackpot, or have ever accuse him of going, "neeney, neeney!" to people. Shakespeare said it right: "Methinks he doth protest too much."

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Tch,tch

Tch,tch

lfigueroa said:
You know what, Freddy: I've been around the Internet a tad longer than you and frankly, you wouldn't know Internet "bait" if it came up and bit you in the urology department.

I'm not so much "interested," as just being able and willing to speak my mind instead of being cowed by all the Chi-town BS you and another throw up (did I misspell something... guess not ;-) around here.

So if, in some small way, it makes you feel better to claim that I "fell" into the massively devious Internet trap you laid, have at it. Knock yourself out. I hope you feel real good about it. Because, really, it's just like all your other Windy City braggadocio. And people are starting to figure it out. Youse guys are *always* the best; *nobody* beat you; *nobody* left with the cash; you have *The Secret* to 1pocket; you are *always* the smartest; *nobody* knows what you know. Forget about NY and the entire East Coast; LA and the entire West Coast; FL; Louisville and the South, the rest of the Midwest and country.

But guess what?

It ain't flyin' no more. You've "Jumped the Shark" here.

And frankly, IMO, you are a piker when it comes to Internet battle :) So keep your secret and take it to your grave -- because as far as I can tell, that's where it belongs: six feet under.

Lou Figueroa

yawn, hope I didn't
wake anybody up

Now that wasnt nice, now was it?

the Beard

lfigueroa

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Much more effective lure than all those insults from brother Lou.

the Beard

Notice how I have never yet called him childish, or crackpot, or have ever accuse him of going, "neeney, neeney!" to people. Shakespeare said it right: "Methinks he doth protest too much."

lol. If you'd rather trade Bards, we can do that.

"Hast thou or word, or wit, or impudence, that can yet do thee office?"

Lou Figueroa

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lfigueroa said:

Lou Figueroa
If you guy's want to continue with the flaming, lets keep it at an uncivilized level.:D

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Maybe you're right

Maybe you're right

lfigueroa said:

Lou Figueroa

I can honestly say that I dont know what that means.

the Beard

Can somebody help me out here? Artie?

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
fred bentivegna said:

the Beard

I haven't read a lot of Shakespeare, but I'll guess that the quoted character was asking a guy --who he thought to be worthless-- if he had any good traits whatsoever.

Doc

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
I haven't read a lot of Shakespeare, but I'll guess that the quoted character was asking a guy --who he thought to be worthless-- if he had any good traits whatsoever.

Doc
Nobody is worthless and some people get thier nuts off agravating people. Because thier life is so dull and boring. And they dont no what to do with thier life. And when they agrrevate somebody they think they did something. Dont worry about it your to nice a guy and to intellegent to get invoveled with someones misrable life. JUst keep injoying pool. And do all the things you want to do and acomplish. And if you have the time make a new positive goal for yourself. You are one hell off a nice man.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Doc,

Do you have ANY idea, whether AB's post was slamming you...or praising you ? I thought he was telling you, you need to get a positive goal in life,...but I'm not sure ? Was he talking to Lou ???
He is truly, an enigma...:D :p :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

Last edited:

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
lfigueroa said:
..."Hast thou or word, or wit, or impudence, that can yet do thee office?"...

"O thou damnable fellow! Did not I pluck thee by the
nose for thy speeches?" ;)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ok, I'm coming with the Shakespeare too....but instead of being about fellow posters, I'm considering my choices to all be Shakespearean metaphors for things involved with playing the game of One Pocket!...:)....

"Though this be madness, yet there is method in 't"

"Tempt not a desperate man"

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt".

"The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief"

"How bitter a thing it is to look into happiness through another man's eyes!"

And this one, I believe, speaks for all of us One Pocket junkies >>>

"I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it"

- Ghosty

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:

the Beard

I think it means that your written word shows wit and intelligence and you should have your own office:) .

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
One Pocket Ghost said:
Ok, I'm coming with the Shakespeare too....but instead of being about fellow posters, I'm considering my choices to all be Shakespearean metaphors for things involved with playing the game of One Pocket!...:)...

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt the spot shot"

- Ghosty
well said mr. shakespear:D

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
fred bentivegna said:

I KNEW Artie had a another side to him, that would surprise all of us. With Mr. B. asking for his help, one need no more proof then that.

I can now picture Artie, sitting next to the fireplace, smoking a pipe, reading his Shakepeare.

Can YOU?????

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Take out the first "or"?

Take out the first "or"?

lfigueroa said:

Lou Figueroa

You sure that first "or" is supposed to be there? I think I know what that means. If it's what I think it means, why is it when the Beard talks pool, Efren Reyes listens? (Along with many other champions)

the Beard

I take it back. i looked it up, the "or" belongs. Couldnt get any help from the other forum "intellects." Just another detouring hijack by the Ghost. Doesnt he know he is being a pacifist throwing cold water on a flame war?

Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
You sure that first "or" is supposed to be there? I think I know what that means. If it's what I think it means, why is it when the Beard talks pool, Efren Reyes listens? (Along with many other champions)

the Beard

Fred, Lou's is transparent charlatanism when it comes to an authentic liberal education. :rolleyes:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5564126_hurl-shakespearean-insults.html

Skin

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Took us to the bleachers

Took us to the bleachers

fred bentivegna said:

the Beard

I take it back. I looked it up, the "or" belongs. Couldn't get any help from the other forum "intellects." ..Just another detouring hijack by the Ghost. Doesnt he know he is being a pacifist throwing cold water on a flame war?

One year in DCC, Incardona and I were arguing about pool strategy. It got so heated (and interesting) and we had drawn so large a crowd in the hallway that we were directed to continue it at the TV table, where they could provide bleacher seating for all the sweators. Diana Hoppe even videotaped it. It was over a shot Efren had taken, I thought incorrectly, in an important match. Efren even took part, and sat patiently through my criticism of his selection. Would anyone call that providing "office?"

the Beard
Learned the post and repost move from Artie.

Excuse me. I retake back what I originally took back. Skin has provided me with the original quote that is MINUS the first "or!"

Last edited:

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Skin said:
Fred, Lou's is transparent charlatanism when it comes to an authentic liberal education. :rolleyes:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5564126_hurl-shakespearean-insults.html

Skin

And guess what? You remain a dufus.

That reference you cited is riddled with mistakes ;-) Figures that you would quote some sophomoric hack site like that, rather than a proper source material.

Poor work, again, professor.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
demonrho said:
"O thou damnable fellow! Did not I pluck thee by the
nose for thy speeches?" ;)

"Why dost thou converse with that trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that roasted Manningtree ox with pudding in his belly, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?"

Lou Figueroa
how about some Haiku :)

Skin

Verified Member
lfigueroa said:
And guess what? You remain a dufus.

That reference you cited is riddled with mistakes ;-) Figures that you would quote some sophomoric hack site like that, rather than a proper source material.

Poor work, again, professor.

Lou Figueroa

Ah, you're just mad because you got caught again, Lou. :rolleyes:

Skin