Monday night 1P action - 8PM CST

SloMoHolic

Verified Member
Exhausted after all the great live streams last week? Feeling those live stream withdrawals today?

Sit back and relax! I will be matching up with a strong local player tonight, in an extended one-pocket battle. I'm getting 10-7 for a half-chicken per game. :)

We'll have a few pros and shortstops handling the commentary and scoreboards so I can focus on the game.

This is a FREE and unsponsored live stream. I'm just doing this for fun. :). I'd love to see some of my AZB buddies tune in.

The live stream starts at 7:30 PM CST, and the games begin at 8:00. Follow the link below or use the Justin.tv mobile app and search for the "slomoholic" channel.

Feel free to just watch, but even better, hop into the chat room and talk it up!

www.slomoholic.com

-Blake

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Exhausted after all the great live streams last week? Feeling those live stream withdrawals today?

Sit back and relax! I will be matching up with a strong local player tonight, in an extended one-pocket battle. I'm getting 10-7 for a half-chicken per game. :)

We'll have a few pros and shortstops handling the commentary and scoreboards so I can focus on the game.

This is a FREE and unsponsored live stream. I'm just doing this for fun. :). I'd love to see some of my AZB buddies tune in.

The live stream starts at 7:30 PM CST, and the games begin at 8:00. Follow the link below or use the Justin.tv mobile app and search for the "slomoholic" channel.

Feel free to just watch, but even better, hop into the chat room and talk it up!

www.slomoholic.com

-Blake

Good luck. Now, how much is a "chicken"? 1,000 giblets?

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Well,it used.....

Well,it used.....

....be the same as 3 shakes of a lambs tail or 5 yards.If you call up old time used to be, whoever answers may remember if you know the password,cheers,James

SloMoHolic

Verified Member

Meh, I always fowl up the terms. ;)

50/game

-Blake

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
Thanks Blake!

Thanks Blake!

Unsponsored, yet 100% recommended!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-09-23 at 1.20.08 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-09-23 at 1.20.08 PM.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 0

8andout

Verified Member
Bone, fin, sawbuck, dub, franklin, goose. I don't know where the "chicken" fits in.

Last edited:

8andout

Verified Member
its 8:38 eastern time- what should be on the screen. i don,t see any video or chat yet?

Jimmy B

Verified Member
is anyone out there watching this?

Yes, I watched the last couple of games there while I was eating. Blake looks like he is really into the game of one pocket. He made some good shots too. The picture and sound was great and the commentators were good also. Enjoyed that. He was giving Blake 10-7. Close game. He's on the way...

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
Yes, I watched the last couple of games there while I was eating. Blake looks like he is really into the game of one pocket. He made some good shots too. The picture and sound was great and the commentators were good also. Enjoyed that. He was giving Blake 10-7. Close game. He's on the way...

Who was Blake playing?

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
I didn't really catch his name, Cary. A young local fellow who was wearing shorts, I remember. Sorry.

No problem, I was just curious. There are a few old timers that play there that I knew back when. Including the daddy of one of the commentators of the Nevel / Compton match, who is still a pretty fair player even now.

Sooner or later I'll make it down there (well good grief it's almost THIRTY MILES from me) and might even try Blake myself.

PS. Tomorrow will be my last day working for a living after nearly fifty years. My game may take a turn for the better.

SloMoHolic

Verified Member

I played a young man named David Neumann. I'm moving to north Austin this week, so I still haven't had time to upload the video, but I will as soon as I can. If you weren't able to catch it live, I think you'll enjoy the commentary - it was awesome!

Bastrop is still a strong presence in the pool rooms, running racks on a daily basis. I haven't had the opportunity to play any one pocket with him, yet... ;)

Come on down to Skinny Bob's someday. I'd love to get a few games in. I am definitely still learning the strategy, especially the moving part.

PM me on here or shoot me an email if you have time to visit.

-Blake
Slomoholic@gmail.com

SloMoHolic

Verified Member

Thanks Jimmy! I may be on my way but I still have a long road ahead of me. I need a lot of work on my banks (especially the specialty banks), and as Shawn pointed out in the commentary, I need to utilize the stop shot more often in safety play to really lock em up.

We went back and forth, and were all even after 12 games, before David pulled away and won the last 3 games. The last game was a heartbreaker, after I made a REALLY nice reverse spot shot cut, then badly missed a rail-first kick and sold out his last ball.

Hopefully, the next time I play in a live 1P match like this, we'll be able to see some real improvement. Having four hours of a Pro and an A+ player picking apart my game with live commentary is an incredible learning opportunity.

I'm going to take some time off to practice, but I'm already working on lining up my next match. :)

Thanks again!
-Blake