Mobile udate (mini)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
There was quite a bit of action last night (Aug. 6) at Breakers. When I walked in at 6:30 PM, Cliff Joyner was giving Junior Moore 12-4 for 2 or 3 jellybeans per. Junior appeared to be bugging Joyner (which isn't easy to do), so he quit after several games with Moore a winner. Moore then matched up with Mike Suber for bigger beans, but they were chased off their table so it could be used along with the adjacent one for the ring game. The two retreated out of the limelight, so I don't know how it turned out (Suber was my pick).

The ring game (10 ball) was for a dime a man. Players: Reed Pierce, Cliff Joyner, Jamie "The Red Rifle" Farrell, Scotty Townsend, Luc Depare (sp), Tony Chohan, Lil John, and Will H. (a local young turk). When I left at midnight it was down to Pierce, Joyner, and Lil John playing for 5, 2, and 1 dimes. I called today, and evidently it ended up Lil John, Pierce, Joyner.

It was peculiar seeing several legends just sitting watching hour after hour. Ronnie Allen, Wade Crane and Shannon Daulton were among them!! I think Shannon got there too late for the ring game.

I never did run into Pelican or Hemi, so I don't know if they were there then. Hell, it was so crowded that I might have missed recognizing my own mother!!

Doc

JAM

Verified Member
Action in Mobile!

Action in Mobile!

Wow, what a line-up! Cliff, Tony Chohan, Shannon, Wade, Reed, Little John, Jamie, Ronnie Allen, and many more!

Got a phone call and heard that Californian Young Gun Tony Chohan spotted Virginian Young Gun Pookie 10 to 7, and Pookie came out ahead by a few LARGE jellybeans!

How many players showed up? PLEASE give some more updates for two inquiring minds in D.C.! ;)

Here's a picture of Amar Kang and Tony Chohan from California with Keith. Did you know that they were cousins? Both great one-hole mechanics! If you were to ask either of them which game they would desire to play, it would definitely be one-pocket.

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
gulfportdoc said:
There was quite a bit of action last night (Aug. 6) at Breakers. When I walked in at 6:30 PM, Cliff Joyner was giving Junior Moore 12-4 for 2 or 3 jellybeans per. Junior appeared to be bugging Joyner (which isn't easy to do), so he quit after several games with Moore a winner. Moore then matched up with Mike Suber for bigger beans, but they were chased off their table so it could be used along with the adjacent one for the ring game. The two retreated out of the limelight, so I don't know how it turned out (Suber was my pick).

The ring game (10 ball) was for a dime a man. Players: Reed Pierce, Cliff Joyner, Jamie "The Red Rifle" Farrell, Scotty Townsend, Luc Depare (sp), Tony Chohan, Lil John, and Will H. (a local young turk). When I left at midnight it was down to Pierce, Joyner, and Lil John playing for 5, 2, and 1 dimes. I called today, and evidently it ended up Lil John, Pierce, Joyner.

It was peculiar seeing several legends just sitting watching hour after hour. Ronnie Allen, Wade Crane and Shannon Daulton were among them!! I think Shannon got there too late for the ring game.

I never did run into Pelican or Hemi, so I don't know if they were there then. Hell, it was so crowded that I might have missed recognizing my own mother!!

Doc
Don't know about the Pelican, Doc but I couldn't make it. Vagabond posted that Lil Jon won the ring game. Reed second. Lil Jon is playing pretty well. Has booked some nice winners lately. Heard he beat Tony Chohan, with weight, before the ring game. Could be Ronnie will be in action, if Sonny Springer shows up. No more heart on earth than Sonny Springer.

Last edited:

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
JAM said:
Wow, what a line-up! Cliff, Tony Chohan, Shannon, Wade, Reed, Little John, Jamie, Ronnie Allen, and many more!

Thanks Jenny for the link to your site. I really enjoy seeing all my east coast friends. I will be printing the pics and showing them tomorrow at the 9 ball tournament at Hard Times in Sactown.

Great pics.

Thanks again

JAM

Verified Member
SactownTom said:
Thanks Jenny for the link to your site. I really enjoy seeing all my east coast friends. I will be printing the pics and showing them tomorrow at the 9 ball tournament at Hard Times in Sactown.

Great pics.

Thanks again

Hi, Tom! I really love taking pictures. Sometimes a picture really is worth a thousand words. I sure would like to get a picture of Cecil Tugwell. Is he still around?

Here's my new favorite Keith pic. I was hoping to get a shot of him in front of the U.S. Capitol building or the Washington Monument, but thought we'd get arrested with the current terrorist climate in D.C. He was snapping and whining the whole time he was wearing this ridiculous costume. He's holding his brand-new custom-made cue stick. :D

Last edited: