MIH Challenge

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Ok... so I don't know Pat Fleming...
but wouldn't it be cool to have something like this...

He currently gets people to pay 300 up front for some VIP access and name in credits on the DVD. I don't really know how many takers he gets, but it is a cool incentive.

What if he offered a 500 dollar(or whatever amount... maybe 100 would work out better depends on quantity of applicants) chance to participate as a player in the MIH tournament?
Basically it would be an all expenses paid entry into the tournament. It could be Joe Blow that isn't capable of running a rack of 9 ball or an experienced one pocket player looking to get in the mix.
I think it would be cool to have the pro player that is playing against the contestant actually do a little commentary.
This could add to the prize pool to help cover Pat's expenses.

Most players will get run over fairly quickly, so the matches wouldn't last long. it would also provide a learning platform for those watching and wanting to know what not to do. Maybe throw a "color commentary" guy in there on these matches to just make it more fun.

Also, it would be cool to make this kinda like the all star game. What if they setup difficult shots(not trick shots) and had like a H-O-R-S-E(for those that played basketball) competition. This could easily be performed before and after matches. The average pool players watching could setup these same shots and test themselves. The cameras are already there. Maybe this would lead to a little more exciting television and at some point could get back on espn or the likes.

--Deep thoughts by ChicagoFats

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Ok... so I don't know Pat Fleming...
but wouldn't it be cool to have something like this...

He currently gets people to pay 300 up front for some VIP access and name in credits on the DVD. I don't really know how many takers he gets, but it is a cool incentive.

What if he offered a 500 dollar(or whatever amount... maybe 100 would work out better depends on quantity of applicants) chance to participate as a player in the MIH tournament?
Basically it would be an all expenses paid entry into the tournament. It could be Joe Blow that isn't capable of running a rack of 9 ball or an experienced one pocket player looking to get in the mix.
I think it would be cool to have the pro player that is playing against the contestant actually do a little commentary.
This could add to the prize pool to help cover Pat's expenses.

Most players will get run over fairly quickly, so the matches wouldn't last long. it would also provide a learning platform for those watching and wanting to know what not to do. Maybe throw a "color commentary" guy in there on these matches to just make it more fun.

Also, it would be cool to make this kinda like the all star game. What if they setup difficult shots(not trick shots) and had like a H-O-R-S-E(for those that played basketball) competition. This could easily be performed before and after matches. The average pool players watching could setup these same shots and test themselves. The cameras are already there. Maybe this would lead to a little more exciting television and at some point could get back on espn or the likes.

--Deep thoughts by ChicagoFats

You are a deep thinker. Be interesting to sweat your one pocket game.:D

I like the H-O-R-S-E idea. If there is time we might do something like this in Chicago. Set up a point system and a set fee to try and a pot at the end for the winners. Kind of like the Straight Pool Challenge at DCC.

I expect I will be in some kind of cheap action most of the time I am at Chris's. I owe Ghost a three cushion game, there is a 6 x 12 to play golf on and the whole joint will be full of one pocket players eager to take an old mans S/S money.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
I would be up for the HORSE idea in Chicago. That could be a blast.

There are a number of games we could play that would allow anyone to take a chance for cheap money.

Here's an idea, play one ball one pocket and allow the table to be challenged after each game for maybe $10/game. Winner stay on the table and breaks. If you can hold on to the table, you might make a little bit.:heh:heh

keoneyo

Verified Member
I have been a consistent supporter of Accustats MIH Happen events. Its because of the high quality of play and the honesty and hard work that Pat ensures. He gives so much to pool that I believe I owe something back to him.
I really enjoy these events and the camaraderie with all the Accustats crew.

Now for a event for OnePocket.org I always advocated a regional championship. Where guys from one region like SoCal, NoCal, The South, Midwest, New England would have minitournaments and the winner would be sent to Vegas for a Onepocket.org National Championship.

Id love to see some of the top players like Hendy of NoCal, Wayne/SoCal, Jeff Sparks/Texas, Ghost/Chicago, Tom Wirth/New England, Rob Melrose/Florida, etc represent their hoods in a tournament.