MIH 2016 updates

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Sounds like SVB is obviously in stroke this week. He probably got a confidence boost by running through Danny Smith like he did. Now, with his nice win over Alex, Shane will be the one to watch. N.B. I don't have the stream-- just opinionatin'...;)

~Doc

keoneyo

Verified Member
Sounds like SVB is obviously in stroke this week. He probably got a confidence boost by running through Danny Smith like he did. Now, with his nice win over Alex, Shane will be the one to watch. N.B. I don't have the stream-- just opinionatin'...;)

~Doc

Believe it or not Doc SVB is not playing his best. In both games his opponents got to the shot first but you cant make a mistake against this guy. They both tried to do something extra and erred and Shane got out.
Shane says, he has been on a long fishing trip and has not hit a ball in 2 weeks. It looked like it against Smith but now Shane is back in gear after his 2 matches.
He is one of the best ball runners on this planet.

Alex could be heard yelling out after his match.
"I keep telling you guys, IM OVERATED".

Too be so overated. Oh the humanity.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Believe it or not Doc SVB is not playing his best. In both games his opponents got to the shot first but you cant make a mistake against this guy. They both tried to do something extra and erred and Shane got out.
Shane says, he has been on a long fishing trip and has not hit a ball in 2 weeks. It looked like it against Smith but now Shane is back in gear after his 2 matches.
He is one of the best ball runners on this planet.

Alex could be heard yelling out after his match.
"I keep telling you guys, IM OVERATED".

Too be so overated. Oh the humanity.

translation.....
"who wants some action?"......:D

1pwannabe

Verified Member
JJ up on Danny 3-2 balls, 0-0 game count.

Slower moving game, very careful play by both players.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
JJ on the one hole in the first game, 7-6.

Danny makes an error and scratches.

keoneyo

Verified Member
JJ Played a very disciplined game and came up with some nice defensive response from Smiths break. He tied up Danny's game and took full advantage of his opponents error.
Only in the 3rd game I think JJ showed some human frailty by missing a shot he should have cinched.
Some great commentating by Billy and Danny.
I would like to see more of JJ in the booth though.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
JJ Played a very disciplined game and came up with some nice defensive response from Smiths break. He tied up Danny's game and took full advantage of his opponents error.
Only in the 3rd game I think JJ showed some human frailty by missing a shot he should have cinched.
Some great commentating by Billy and Danny.
I would like to see more of JJ in the booth though.

Great assessment keoneyo, I agree 100%. It looked to me like JJ decided from the first game to keep the table tied up as much as possible and play Danny ball for ball. JJ had several opportunities to break the stack and maybe get out, but he would play the safer option and leave Danny little to see. That approach starts to make a player like Danny get impatient and frustrated, then make errors that cost them big.

Very good squeeze type 1P.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Great match. Efren dominates. The man in his own sphere. I think there is some kind of pressure out there. The young guns seem uncomfortable in this kind of structured format with the vests, collared shirts, and bright lights. Seems that they are trying hard to perform in a short space in time. I think the more experienced short game tournament player has an advantage.
Except SVB has it all in my opinion. Experience in all brackets. He's going to be very tough to beat. I hope to see Efren and SVB in the finals. Tho' I'm a big Chohan fan.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Great match. Efren dominates. The man in his own sphere. I think there is some kind of pressure out there. The young guns seem uncomfortable in this kind of structured format with the vests, collared shirts, and bright lights. Seems that they are trying hard to perform in a short space in time. I think the more experienced short game tournament player has an advantage.
Except SVB has it all in my opinion. Experience in all brackets. He's going to be very tough to beat. I hope to see Efren and SVB in the finals. Tho' I'm a big Chohan fan.

They're struggling because the table conditions changed so much overnight. It rained there last night and the humidity is high today, which made the table slower and the balls stickier. Chohan missed some easy shots and the first thing I thought was, yeah, humidity does that here. Efren is from the Philippines so humid conditions don't phase him one bit.