MIH 2016 - Alex vs T-Rex #2

1pwannabe

Verified Member
This one is tougher. Tony to shoot, he's got 1 ball, Alex has 2 balls.

WWYD?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'd be surprised if Tony didn't shoot in the 8 off the rail/11; then bank the 6. The 8 is a fairly easy shot, especially from being as close as he is to it. He likes to shoot, and this is a good opportunity.

~Doc

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
My first thoughts would be to go rail first to pocket the eleven near my hole. If I don't have room for that, I still might play it with a touch of english or even a little masse. If not, I would look to see if I could go rail first on the six to clear it. No shoot and stick on the six. Control the cue ball to run two rails to my side of the table.

Tom

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
If there is room I would hit the 14? to open the cluster a bit, pocket the 13 and hide behind the 1.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I'd be surprised if Tony didn't shoot in the 8 off the rail/11; then bank the 6. The 8 is a fairly easy shot, especially from being as close as he is to it. He likes to shoot, and this is a good opportunity.

~Doc

i too would be surprised if tony didnt shoot the 8

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I think I would rather kick two rails at the six before shooting the eight ball. If the eight is missed Tony will have put another ball in excellent position for Alex. Sure, the eight is in play now, but it certainly would be more difficult to get on than it would if it were near the foot of the table. That and he will have pushed the eleven toward the center of the foot rail. Where's the shape?

Tom

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Tony didn't look long, he made the 11 kicking off the long rail and whitey flew around the table ending up here.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I like slow rolling into the 14 and putting the 5 and 8 between the 6 hoping his next shot gives me some sort of better shot towards the 11.

EDIT: sorry was late to this party but yea tat's one of the bad things with letting the CB loose..now he is in a little trouble here but I would still shoot something up in the corner to get the 5 and 8 in between the 6 and hope for a better next shot.

treeMan

Verified Member
If there is room I would hit the 14? to open the cluster a bit, pocket the 13 and hide behind the 1.

I like that too, except I'm not sure if I'd want to disturb the cluster.

Getting the CB jammed up near the upper left corner pocket would be the goal.

Making one ball here doesn't do much for me.

tree