Members Met And Played/Gambled With

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Why sure Mr. Billy 'Silver Tounged Devil' Incardona...I'll take your advice and ask John - he sure knows how to matchup with you to take you off - he's just down several thousand in his matchups with you

...hmmm, let's see now...how did that conversation go 2 years ago, when the two devils (the 'Dr.' and the 'middler') made their partner match against John....devil Billy said, (in a very cozy, reasonable manner of course) to John...."Well, I play 1-1/2 balls over you, and Artie, who can't play anymore, plays 1-1/2 balls under you, which makes the game even - but you're playing as your own partner which is worth 1 ball - therefore you John, actually have the best of it - but myself and the 'middler', live guys that we are, are willing to take a little the worst of it, and give it a try"..:rolleyes:....and also John, by the way - I have a lot down in Florida in a real up n' coming swampy area that I can let go of real cheap, if you're interested in some 'golden' investment property

Sorry diablo but your 'Silver Toungue' can't fool the Ghost into taking a ball the worst of it, and then try and outrun the nuts...:heh

-t

I already have a few swampy lots in Florida but am always interested in more.:heh:focus

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
First of all I have to say that I find it very surprising and disturbing that there are no smileys in your post back to me - God forbid that you didn't appreciate the great wit and humor in my post to you (friendly humor, by the way) - John certainly appreciated it - he say's he might be interested in some more swampland...:D

Ghost, i'll start out with the partner game with you and John against me and Freddie (which you made) I agreed to play it not because I feel that we have a good game but because I really believe it will be a fun game to play.

I also think it is a big-fun match-up.

Secondly, you know my speed much better then I know your speed, I played Ike 5 years ago with him giving me 9 to 8 and lost. I know you have played Ike many times and should know how you and Ike should match up, right? So any thing you ask me for has to be in your mind a win for you, i'm the one who is guessing here, plus i'm now 68 years old coming off major back surgery and for sure am playing at least a ball under the speed when I played Ike. So when you evaluate what you said about my silver tongue, and how you assumed the conversation went with John, Artie, and me, makes your argument very convincing. And what I had to say about the facts with Ike, and also you, and my age and health, actually means nothing.

I disagree with whose speed is known most or least - and Freddy agrees with me - you can ask him..meaning...Freddy and I, a few weeks back, in casually discussing aspects of the partner game, both agreed that you were definitely the 'unknown quantity' out of the 4 of us....because Freddy and I see each other play all the time - so we both know how each other plays -and everybody knows how John plays.....but nobody has seen you play for a long time - or knows how well you'll play after your past surgery...so speed-wise, you're the 'wild card' in the match....Freddy even said he has no clue how you're playing now, but that since you're staking him, he doesn't need to know...:eek:...:D

Are you sure you still want to play the partner game? Or would you rather play me getting 9 to 7?

Waiting patiently for your answer.

I would greatly enjoy playing either game - win or lose (course, winning would be more enjoyable :))...I'd like to play both - except maybe I can't bet high enough to interest you in the singles game...:)

Dr. Bill

- Ghost

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
First of all I have to say that I find it very surprising and disturbing that there are no smileys in your post back to me - God forbid that you didn't appreciate the great wit and humor in my post to you (friendly humor, by the way) - John certainly appreciated it - he say's he might be interested in some more swampland...:D

- Ghost
I was just playing with you when I asked you what game you would prefer to play, I wouldn't play you 9 to 7 and I think you should know that.:)

As far as the unknown quantity, it's you to me, not me to you. I really don't know how close you are to Ike, only you do. Based off of that you should know how close you are to me, knowing that Ike beat me 5 years ago giving me a ball. Common sense would tell you that I can't play as good today as I did 5 years ago, so you should know how much I can give you, based off of how much Ike can give you, true?

Any ways i'm looking forward to the partner game, just to watch Freddy squirm, that to me is worth the price of admission.:lol

Billy I.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I was just playing with you when I asked you what game you would prefer to play, I wouldn't play you 9 to 7 and I think you should know that. :) As far as the unknown quantity, it's you to me, not me to you. I really don't know how close you are to Ike, only you do. Based off of that you should know how close you are to me, knowing that Ike beat me 5 years ago giving me a ball. Common sense would tell you that I can't play as good today as I did 5 years ago,

so you should know how much I can give you, based off of how much Ike can give you, true?

True. Now hold on a minute, and let me compute that....ok, you can give me 9-7...:)

Any ways i'm looking forward to the partner game, just to watch Freddy squirm, that to me is worth the price of admission.:lol

Now that's mean-spirited...:D

Billy I.

- Ghost ....

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Hey Ghost,

Who do you think would be good for a partners match for a couple younger and older members here?

I would like to get in a patners game but as you and Kybill are the only two guys I have played here I don't know what a good match would be.

Timdog and I would be pretty close for the younger side of the teams (right Tim?) but I'm not sure about the other side.

Simon....Like I said in our pm's...we'll get something going - likely with you, me, Tim, and John H.

On another note I was a little shocked that I was one of the few guys that didn't get weight on your list..:mad: I think I need to learn how to match up better :eek:

Ok, here's your first lesson for matching up with people - Don't come on here and post to the world, that you and I played even...:eek:...:D

Dudley

- Ghost ....

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
Hey Ghost,

Who do you think would be good for a partners match for a couple younger and older members here?

I would like to get in a patners game but as you and Kybill are the only two guys I have played here I don't know what a good match would be.

Timdog and I would be pretty close for the younger side of the teams (right Tim?) but I'm not sure about the other side.

Simon....Like I said in our pm's...we'll get something going - likely with you, me, Tim, and John H.

On another note I was a little shocked that I was one of the few guys that didn't get weight on your list.. I think I need to learn how to match up better

Ok, here's your first lesson for matching up with people - Don't come on here and post to the world, that you and I played even......

Mr. Ghroast

Regarding the partners match-> that sounds good to me,

Have Tim or John said this is something they might want to do?

I'm hoping that all the tough games I get in help me get a little better so I could win every once in a while.. :cool:

Mr. Bad Game Dudley

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Very wise decision Dr...

Very wise decision Dr...

Now that took guts Ghost, I gotta give it to ya...No, not 9-7, asking me for it KNOWING SJD is going to advise me.:)

Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill, As your confidante and advisor, I can only say, DO NOT play the Ghoast anywhere near even !!!...YOU should be the one getting the weight..:( Also, do not allow him to wager in his comfort zone..(which is... ? to ?, $)

I have never been a 'knocker'...but my reasons are as follows;

#1-In a partner game, el Beard and Ghoatass have had plenty of time to set a trap for you. (you do know they are both from Chicago, and have limited funds don't you ???)

#2-Due to your recent major surgery..You may re-injure yourself trying to get away from the Ghoats "Samuri Cue Stick" (be sure and stick to the 25' 'safety zone' rule at ALL times when he is at the table.)

#3-If Beardbrain starts rummaging around under the table, while you are trying to shoot, I would be concerned, that even though you are staking the old fart..he may not have your best interest at heart..(get my drift ?..:rolleyes:)

Further, I would strongly urge you to give up 9/7 to my friend John H...as he is the only one, (besides of course, yourself)...
...with PLENTY of disposable income..:D

Of course I would NOT be in with him, against you (as in pa$t drubbing$) because, as your advisor, I would not want ANY appearance of a 'conflict of interest'..:eek:

SmartDuck, RN. <----"Advisor to the Stars"

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dr. Bill, As your confidante and advisor, I can only say, DO NOT play the Ghoast anywhere near even !!!...YOU should be the one getting the weight..:( Also, do not allow him to wager in his comfort zone..(which is... ? to ?, $)

#1-In a partner game, el Beard and Ghoatass have had plenty of time to set a trap for you. (you do know they are both from Chicago, and have limited funds don't you ???)

#2-Due to your recent major surgery..You may re-injure yourself trying to get away from the Ghoats "Samuri Cue Stick" (be sure and stick to the 25' 'safety zone' rule at ALL times when he is at the table.)

#3-If Beardbrain stars rummaging around under the table, while you are trying to shoot, I would be concerned, that even though you are staking the old fart..he may not have your best interest at heart..(get my drift ?..:rolleyes:)

Further, I would strongly urge you to give up 9/7 to my friend John H...as he is the only one, (besides of course, yourself)...

Of course I would NOT be in with him, against you (as in pa$t drubbing$) because, as your advisor, I would not want ANY appearance of a 'conflict of interest'..:eek:

The shit-blizzard's early today:p.

RBL

SJDinPHX

Suspended
The shit-blizzard's early today:p.

RBL

Dear Unmarked, Sweaty, Balls Breath,

Shouldn't you be posting one of your exciting [sic] WEI table challenges, over in the thrilling (zzzzzzzzzzz!) 'niche game' forum ? :lol :focus

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dear Unmarked, Sweaty, Balls Breath,

Shouldn't you be posting one of your exciting [sic] WEI table challenges, over in the thrilling (zzzzzzzzzzz!) 'niche game' forum ? :lol :focus

I've already looked over there, the shooter is playing safe and the mover is shooting:confused:. I think they're setting me up.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
One thing I always did great...

One thing I always did great...

#3-If Beardbrain starts rummaging around under the table, while you are trying to shoot, I would be concerned, that even though you are staking the old fart..he may not have your best interest at heart..(get my drift ?..:rolleyes:)

..was duck the knock. Knockers of my game have had so, so little success. I just lay it down way too good. All I have to do is bang a few balls around and pound a bunch of them into the rails and nobody can stop my oppo from playing me. Harry Platis's wife was clawing at his shirt trying to pull him up from me in So Carolina at Grady's legends. He pushed her off to the floor and kept on playing.

Two guys tried to forcibly pull Archie Karas off of me in PA. He shrugged them off threateningly. "I can beat this guy. His leg's gonna give out any minute." !2 hrs later I was still limping the same amount and he was still getting robbed.

Now for the, "You should certainly know better, category," "joking" about somebody about to get put into action, dumping his benefactor, is about as funny as a room full of dead children. It aint funny and it is in terrible taste. Plus, you have as much chance of pulling Cardone up from playing with me as Ron Paul winning the primary. Cardone has a head like a rock, and he aint gonna let anybody influence what he really wants to do.

Old time pool players trust me enough to come by me when they are dying, do you think they would have a worry about me tossing 'em?

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Now for the, "You should certainly know better, category," "joking" about somebody about to get put into action, dumping his benefactor, is about as funny as a room full of dead children. It aint funny and it is in terrible taste. Beard

Dear Mr. Bentoutofshapeagain-ivegna,

Do I detect your (very sparse) hackles rising, over what was obvously a harmless, but very clever, and hilarious joke...
..(sounds like Ghoatsy, huh ?)..:lol

I work very hard at trying NOT to incur your wrath, or violate our fragile [sic] truce...But as you are drifting further into senility of late, it has become almost impossible. Certainly not worthy of bringing up your benevolence, to your dying friend's as a tasteless plea, as to your honesty, in all things pool (and life) related !!!..:rolleyes:

Is their ANY F@@KING subject I can poke fun at, that will not upset your delicate, dare I say 'epidermally challenged' ass..?

If you can find ONE person on this forum, who thought my post #67 was 'serious'...I will GIVE you ALL my recent winnings, from Preacher Ronn, and Scott Frost...Now, I ask you...how fair is that ?..:cool: ;)

FunnyDuck <---Should have been a writer for SNL, during his hiatus, eh ?

PS..Puhleeeeeze, put me back on ignore again, as I simply cannot promise, I will never hurt your feeler's again ! :frus

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Do I detect your (very sparse) hackles rising, over what was obvously a harmless, but very clever, and hilarious joke...

I work very hard at trying NOT to incur your wrath, but as you are drifting further into senility of late, it has become almost impossible. Certainly not worthy of spouting your benevolence, to your dying friend's as a horrible plea, as to your honesty, in all things pool related !!!..:rolleyes:

Is their ANY F@@KING subject I can poke fun at, that will not upset your delicate, dare I say 'epidermally challenged' ass..?

If you can find ONE person on this forum, who thought my post #67 was 'serious'...I will GIVE you ALL my recent winnings, from Preacher Ronn, and Scott Frost...Now, I ask you...how fair is that ?..:cool::lol

FunnyDuck <---Should have been a writer for SNL, during his hiatus..:frus

I was starting to get worried that they were not going to bring back The Duck, and Beard show for season III, I'm starting to feel better now. Maybe Yvette can put me a bag of popcorn in the microwave?:lol

Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I was starting to get worried that they were not going to bring back The Duck, and Beard show for season III, I'm starting to feel better now. Maybe Yvette can put me a bag of popcorn in the microwave?:lol

Billy I.

Dr....I would tell you to get one of these...

View attachment 4841

But I'm afraid HE (your stakee) might find some way, to be offended by it...:rolleyes: :p

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
I've already looked over there, the shooter is playing safe and the mover is shooting:confused:. I think they're setting me up.

Yeah,can you go over there and bring some of your detective work back on Fred? and there's some new kid too,.hurry up:lol John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Yeah,can you go over there and bring some of your detective work back on Fred? and there's some new kid too,.hurry up:lol John B.

The only thing I know for certain is that YOU ain't playing any safety as long as there is a shot with a .000069% chance of going. Go lay that line down on your customers:p.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

..(sounds like Ghoatsy, huh ?)..:lol

I work very hard at trying NOT to incur your wrath, or violate our fragile [sic] truce...But as you are drifting further into senility of late, it has become almost impossible. Certainly not worthy of bringing up your benevolence, to your dying friend's as a tasteless plea, as to your honesty, in all things pool (and life) related !!!..:rolleyes:

If you can find ONE person on this forum, who thought my post #67 was 'serious'...I will GIVE you ALL my recent winnings, from Preacher Ronn, and Scott Frost...Now, I ask you...how fair is that ?..:cool: ;)

PS..Puhleeeeeze, put me back on ignore again, as I simply cannot promise, I will never hurt your feeler's again ! :frus

Freddy,

I think you need an updated Yukon Jack intake chart to keep track of the Duck's personality changes.

SJD's Intake Chart.jpg

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha

..(sounds like Ghoatsy, huh ?)

I work very hard at trying NOT to incur your wrath, or violate our fragile [sic] truce...But as you are drifting further into senility of late, it has become almost impossible. Certainly not worthy of bringing up your benevolence, to your dying friend's as a tasteless plea, as to your honesty, in all things pool (and life) related !!!

If you can find ONE person on this forum, who thought my post #67 was 'serious'...I will GIVE you ALL my recent winnings, from Preacher Ronn, and Scott Frost...Now, I ask you...how fair is that ?

PS..Puhleeeeeze, put me back on ignore again, as I simply cannot promise, I will never hurt your feeler's again ! /QUOTE]
Funny boy, if you can find one hustler who thinks hints about dumping in front of a backer is just silliness, I'll buy you a new HoverRound. :sorry
Only my pals can tease me about things like that. You and me aint pals yet. More like Karzai and the Taliban.:heh

I dont think for a minute that you corrupted Cardone's slate coated skull. That aint happening. He will stake me and then go take a nap, thats how worried he is. I was just trying to keep you from corrupting others on this forum that are dumb enough to be influenced by you. :frus

Beard

Finally, aint you tired of playing the flimsy epidermal card yet? You need to incorporate some new material. You are not too old to learn are you?
Lastly, lastly, your worst habit is using up all the smily-cons.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Holy shit is that funny!

Holy shit is that funny!

Freddy,

I think you need an updated Yukon Jack intake chart to keep track of the Duck's personality changes.

View attachment 4842

Dennis I fell off the chair when I read this. Of course its hilarious, but the funniest part, as is usually the case, is how close to home you hit.
Is there anybody who would bet big against your assessment.

"he even likes Detroit Whitey." Priceless.

Beard

We could call this, "The tale of the tape." or a day in the life of Yukon Jack.