Members Met And Played/Gambled With

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
How do you and John Henderson play?

Dr. Bill

We are close in one pocket and he beats me in 9 ball. No big deal cause my 9 ball stinks.

Frank is a businessman now with his own clothing line for billiards apparel. Might slow him down some.

Ghosty beat me three in a row for the one pocket cheese last time we played but I do not want to knock it:lol

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ghosty beat me three in a row for the one pocket cheese last time we played but I do not want to knock it :lol

Hey John....Don't think the Ghost doesn't know, that the real reason that you keep posting up that result, is not to compliment the Ghost - it's to spread that loss information to get better matchups for yourself at the upcoming DCC...:eek:...:heh...:D

- Gh:cool:st

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
We are close in one pocket and he beats me in 9 ball. No big deal cause my 9 ball stinks.

Frank is a businessman now with his own clothing line for billiards apparel. Might slow him down some.

Ghosty beat me three in a row for the one pocket cheese last time we played but I do not want to knock it:lol

Thanks John, the Baby' got action with me playing one pocket at the DCC possibly after the partner match we have with The Beard and The Ghost. No coaching of course, right?:D After all what chance would you guys have if Freddie (the second best mover ever) was able to coach me?:)

Billy I.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ya gotta love Papie....in this post he slams me for always using the - 'modifying/edifying someone else's post comedy vehicle', that I invented....then three posts later he uses it himself...:rolleyes:...and also he constantly uses it...and now he's even copied my using a smiley in place of the letter o in my Ghost signature..:rolleyes:...

- Ghosty

What can I say Ghroassty, you got me dead to rights. I hope you don't mind if I keep using your "comedy routines", they're funny and clever as hell :) Your fine feathered friend, Dukky

Go ahead and use them Papie - you have my permission...:)

- Your friend, Ghosty of Christmas Past...:eek:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Hey John....Don't think the Ghost doesn't know, that the real reason that you keep posting up that result, is not to compliment the Ghost - it's to spread that loss information to get better matchups for yourself at the upcoming DCC...:eek:...:heh...:D

- Gh:cool:st

If can't beat you, who am I gonna beat.:heh

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Thanks John, the Baby' got action with me playing one pocket at the DCC possibly after the partner match we have with The Beard and The Ghost. No coaching of course, right?:D After all what chance would you guys have if Freddie (the second best mover ever) was able to coach me?:)

Billy I.

The Baby will not be there as far as I know.

I will parlay any $$ I win in the partner game with you 9/8.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Gentlemen,how do i get on these lists i keep reading about .i'm a prime canidate.Just check my resume out.As long as your over 60, i'm playing.and goes for anybody anywhere in the good old USA.

All you have to do Frank is go to this little pool room in Santa Monica and ask for Phil. If you cant beat him, dont ever leave home again.:lol:lol

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

Mr Hendy, Be careful of the Ghost. He called me asking how you have been doing, if youve booked any winners, your health, etc. Are you tired?:sorry After that drubbing on the home court and the four banks to play catch up, be wary. He offered me 10/8 knowing I would pass on the game. Something is in the planning stages.:eek: As soon as I get out of the psvch ward,:frus I'll call you.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
The Baby will not be there as far as I know.

I will parlay any $$ I win in the partner game with you 9/8.

John, that sounds like a proposal, does that mean if I win in the partner game I can parlay it back with you 9/8? If not that's ok too, I like your style.

Hopefully Stroud will get in the mix an we can have some fun.

Billy I.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Billy....Since I am still recovering from my operation, and on three different meds :eek: I will parlay back any $$$ that I win in the partner game with 9-7...:)

- Ghost

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
The art of hustling.

The art of hustling.

Billy....Since I am still recovering from my operation, and on three different meds :eek: I will parlay back any $$$ that I win in the partner game with 9-7...:)

- Ghost

Now that took guts, I gotta give it to ya.:lol No, not 9-7, asking me for it KNOWING SJD is going to advise me.:)

Dick, would you please give Ghost some lessons on how to take an old guy with money off, who wants to play. And if you can't advise him i'm sure The Beard can.:D

Better yet, just ask J. Hendy, he knows.

Dr. Bill

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John, that sounds like a proposal, does that mean if I win in the partner game I can parlay it back with you 9/8? If not that's ok too, I like your style.

Hopefully Stroud will get in the mix an we can have some fun.

Billy I.

He wants to get down with some good Young players first to see how he does.

We will get to sweat that and then see if he is too good for us or not.

Artie has been kind of quiet. Will he be there?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Artie has been kind of quiet. Will he be there?

I would like to play Stroud before he plays young champions, I find it more exciting to choose what's behind the curtain.:D

Yes Artie will be there, Artie will be taking Grady's place in the seminar with Danny, Freddie, and Artie will be doing the one pocket segment.

Try to stop in for the seminar it will be fun and educational.

Billy I.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

John.....Does that mean that we should do that, before we commit/freeze up any $$$ for the partner game...:eek:...:D

- Gho$ty

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I would like to play Stroud before he plays young champions, I find it more exciting to choose what's behind the curtain.:D

Billy I.

Depending on how his game looks, there may be a long line wanting to play him, or we may all pull in our horns and match up with each other.

I would have played but he told me he did not think I had a chance. I respect his opinion but would have fired a little at him anyway to find out.

Win or lose, it would be nice to play someone where the $$ (Theirs) does not matter.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Now that took guts, I gotta give it to ya,lol No, not 9-7, asking me for it KNOWING SJD is going to advise me..

please give Ghost some lessons on how to take an old guy with money off, who wants to play. :D

Better yet, just ask John Hendy, he knows.

Dr. Bill

Why sure Mr. Billy 'Silver Tounged Devil' Incardona...I'll take your advice and ask John - he sure knows how to matchup with you to take you off - he's just down several thousand in his matchups with you..:rolleyes:...

...hmmm, let's see now...how did that conversation go 2 years ago, when the two devils (the 'Dr.' and the 'middler') made their partner match against John....devil Billy said, (in a very cozy, reasonable manner of course) to John...."Well, I play 1-1/2 balls over you, and Artie, who can't play anymore, plays 1-1/2 balls under you, which makes the game even - but you're playing as your own partner which is worth 1 ball - therefore you John, actually have the best of it - but myself and the 'middler', live guys that we are, are willing to take a little the worst of it, and give it a try"..:rolleyes:....and also John, by the way - I have a lot down in Florida in a real up n' coming swampy area that I can let go of real cheap, if you're interested in some 'golden' investment property....:eek:

Sorry diablo but your 'Silver Toungue' can't fool the Ghost into taking a ball the worst of it, and then try and outrun the nuts...:heh

- Gho$t

Last edited:

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Partners Game

Partners Game

Hey Ghost,

Who do you think would be good for a partners match for a couple younger and older members here?

I would like to get in a patners game but as you and Kybill are the only two guys I have played here I don't know what a good match would be.

Timdog and I would be pretty close for the younger side of the teams (right Tim?) but I'm not sure about the other side.

On another note I was a little shocked that I was one of the few guys that didn't get weight on your list..:mad: I think I need to learn how to match up better :eek:

Dudley

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Why sure Mr. Billy 'Silver Tounged Devil' Incardona...I'll take your advice and ask John - he sure knows how to matchup with you to take you off - he's just down several thousand in his matchups with you..:rolleyes:...

...hmmm, let's see now...how did that conversation go 2 years ago, when the two devils (the 'Dr.' and the 'middler') made their partner match against John....devil Billy said, (in a very cozy, reasonable manner of course) to John...."Well, I play 1-1/2 balls over you, and Artie, who can't play anymore, plays 1-1/2 balls under you, which makes the game even - but you're playing as your own partner which is worth 1 ball - therefore you John, actually have the best of it - but myself and the 'middler', live guys that we are, are willing to take a little the worst of it, and give it a try"..:rolleyes:....and also John, by the way - I have a lot down in Florida in a real up n' coming swampy area that I can let go of real cheap, if you're interested in some 'golden' investment property....:eek:

Sorry diablo but your 'Silver Toungue' can't fool the Ghost into taking a ball the worst of it, and then try and outrun the nuts...:heh

- Gho$t
Ghost, i'll start out with the partner game with you and John against me and Freddie (which you made) I agreed to play it not because I feel that we have a good game but because I really believe it will be a fun game to play. Secondly, you know my speed much better then I know your speed, I played Ike 5 years ago with him giving me 9 to 8 and lost. I know you have played Ike many times and should know how you and Ike should match up, right? So any thing you ask me for has to be in your mind a win for you, i'm the one who is guessing here, plus i'm now 68 years old coming off major back surgery and for sure am playing at least a ball under the speed when I played Ike.

So when you evaluate what you said about my silver tongue, and how you assumed the conversation went with John, Artie, and me, makes your argument very convincing. And what I had to say about the facts with Ike, and also you, and my age and health, actually means nothing.

Are you sure you still want to play the partner game? Or would you rather play me getting 9 to 7?

Waiting patiently for your answer.

Dr. Bill