Member Tournament 2019

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
CHEESESTEAK1 I don’t need no stinking cheese cake. Unless there are cherries on top. My eye surgery is July 30, I probably will be ready to play, July 30th in the evening or sooner.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Member Tournament 2019

Wow I love the interest!! I will gather info as soon as I can and report back to the members. I’ll try to at least present all of the details to make it an option.

Island drive yes Philly is an international airport FYI.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Wow I love the interest!! I will gather info as soon as I can and report back to the members. I’ll try to at least present all of the details to make it an option.

Island drive yes Philly is an international airport FYI.

Perfect, that's a good start. So do the Nov. timelines seem workable because Oct. on the E coast, can be hurricane season?

Early Nov. airfares are probably cheap.

Mitch I did do this for a couple years running the initial BCA All American Tour events....26 of em to be exact, contacting, setting up events etc, advertising, design, plus I will soon be able to draw my ball :).

Costs:

Just thinking of making sure it's a success with the ''East Coast Swing'' :).

I play no favorites, but certain things are important to players, so I speak up.

I know years ago, I wouldn't drive to 600 miles one way to play in a race to 7 event unless it was alternate break....the Cost/risk wasn't worth it. If it was winner break it had to a race to be a race to 9 or more to remove the luck factor. I didn't like losing to luck, costs too much :).

How about a 32 table room with a 64 field, Yahoo.

HowardK

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
2019 Tournament

2019 Tournament

I guess we should start thinking about the tournament in 2019. My listings are: Griff's (Las Vegas), Freezer's (Phoenix), Anywhere (Philadelphia), Anywhere (Florida), Anywhere (Boston), Anywhere (New York). I really don't know the rooms on the East coast or in Florida, but I think they would be great places to play at.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I guess we should start thinking about the tournament in 2019. My listings are: Griff's (Las Vegas), Freezer's (Phoenix), Anywhere (Philadelphia), Anywhere (Florida), Anywhere (Boston), Anywhere (New York). I really don't know the rooms on the East coast or in Florida, but I think they would be great places to play at.

I agree with this

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
We need actual rooms to choose from to keep this going or it dies. Mitch the Beast has one, it that it? I’m at a loss to help because I haven’t been back east for forty years, except to the DCC. It is up to youse guys in da east to find rooms to choose from. Non smoking is preferred. We have our own everything in house. Streaming, tournament production, auction, the owner has to do nothing but want a lot of free advertising.

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
I think starting to discuss a location now is a good thing. How many rooms even have 16 tables? Personally I wouldn’t mind Philly or other East Coast location. If some members could let us know about any rooms that might be able to accommodate us that would be great.

The first room to come to mind here is Snookers in Providence, RI 401-351-7775, 15 9 foot Gold Crown tables in excellent condition, home to the New England Billiards Hall Of Fame, Great food, For more information and to schedule a tournament contact Ray McNamara (Several years of experience running pool tournaments including one pocket). Owners Name Goulding.

Providence has 1 Major airport and several hotels nearby, details regarding room prices can be negotiated, not sure about shuttle service. For more information Type Snookers in your browser.

John

Last edited:

baby huey

Verified Member
Well we had quite a few westcoasters attend the last event. I suspect that proximity played a role. If we go to the east coast next time, probably we'll get more eastcoasters then westcoasters and that's OK too. I don't know the eastcoast so I'm at a loss as to where to play. Maybe Mitch and Fast Eddie can help out on this one.

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
The first room to come to mind here is Snookers in Providence, RI 401-351-7775, 15 9 foot Gold Crown tables in excellent condition, home to the New England Billiards Hall Of Fame, Great food, For more information and to schedule a tournament contact Ray McNamara (Several years of experience running pool tournaments including one pocket). Owners Name Goulding.

Providence has 1 Major airport and several hotels nearby, details regarding room prices can be negotiated, not sure about shuttle service. For more information Type Snookers in your browser.

John

Good choice. There would be good. Anyone on here play out of Steinway's in Queens?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I said I would make the 2019 tourney so I am going to my best to make it wherever it may be!

I am happy trying to ask Michael if he is interested in holding it in Cincinnati to see if we can get another hat in the ring but it sounds like Philly has a lot of interest already!

Also, nothing is certain yet, but it looks like we may be moving out west within the next year. If so, my vote will be probably be for Freezers or Griff's! :)

(On a side note, they were both in the last drawing for rooms so I would think we may want to get with them to see if they are interested in getting in on the rooms for 2019 as potential hosts.)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

John
http://www.snookersri.com/

360 view of major rooms in Snookers
http://www.snookersri.com/tour

Snookers was the new "room of the year" in one of the major pool mags when they first re-opened about 10 years ago.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I said I would make the 2019 tourney so I am going to my best to make it wherever it may be!

I am happy trying to ask Michael if he is interested in holding it in Cincinnati to see if we can get another hat in the ring but it sounds like Philly has a lot of interest already!

Also, nothing is certain yet, but it looks like we may be moving out west within the next year. If so, my vote will be probably be for Freezers or Griff's! :)

(On a side note, they were both in the last drawing for rooms so I would think we may want to get with them to see if they are interested in getting in on the rooms for 2019 as potential hosts.)
I would definitely like you to approach Michaels!! We want a number of rooms on the final ballot -- and in order to be on the ballot the owner needs to be on board, and we need to have the basic questions answered about tables, airport, hotels, green fees, food, etc.

Maichael's also has a special display of Cowboy Dennis's pool legends tribute, "You'll be up here yet"

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

I don’t know about Freezers but Grifs is completely off my list after what happened at the USOpen, plus he only has 9 9’s from recollection. Not many gambling tables left if you’re out of the tournament. Phoenix in June can be 100 degrees.

HowardK

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Phoenix in November

Phoenix in November

Bill,
My input to the Freezer's in Phoenix for the OnePocket.Org tournament would be for October/November time frame. Hotel prices drop by 50% between June 1 and December 31 in that locale. So, the room prices would not be extravagant. Lots of hotel to choose from also.