Member only tournament

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Pool Halls are opening...is it time to start to think about the mot tournament and schedule? Also the seniors even though I can't play in it...

B

The mot tournament was last weekend - nobody showed up except me - doesn't that mean that I won it due to the 31 forfeits? o_O Steve, I'll send you my paypal address so you can send me the $$$ 👻0000.jpg

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Hey, Steve, I am all in with Col Bille . Is there any chance of a 2020 MOT?

I wish that we had a pool room big enough and with good equipment around DFW to hold one, or at least a regional.

Sure miss Bill Rowsey. I know that he is enjoying retirement and family.

Any members think there local rooms would entertain a MOT this year ? Jonesing here in Texas :D

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
You do a tournament on line.
Limit drive time for matches 6 hrs one way.
Have a room with a player find 7 other rooms or....
Have players with tables within a 6 hr drive one way.... and blind draw and get it on.
Run it like the BCA Jr. nationals did.
Divide the USA up into Quadrants.
Hold finals in each quadrant, and then have the final quadrant player groups meet/play in a poolroom for the championship.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Well airfares are nice and low -- that is certainly a plus. My concern is that we might make plans, and then another wave hits and things either get shut down, or some of us will decide to cancel because we feel too much risk. I would guess about half of us are at least on the fringes of the higher risk demographics. Where I am at, the rooms are just opening, supposedly with limitations and guidelines. I stopped into my regular club this week and yes it is open and people are playing pool again starting this week, but personally I'm going to think about it a bit more before I start going back in. I saw hardly any masks and not much social distancing either, and I would imaginie the bartender is leaving it up to the players if they care about whiping down the the tables, etc. I saw none of that while I was there for about 10 minutes. Although I am hearing that surface contamination transmission is considered not very likely -- it's by far mostly in the interior air from breathing, talking, yelling, singing, coughing, sneezing, etc. -- and the more people in the tighter more poorly ventilated the areas, the more transmission is likely. And where I play is a "social club" -- that is not real conducive to social distancing lol.

But that is just me -- I'm curious what other people are seeing in their areas.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
We don't leave the house and nobody is allowed to come over lol. Maybe we are being too cautious but it seems to be a new world we might have to adjust to. Cant wait for a damn vaccine!

Hope you are all doing well!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
As one of my Covid home projects I am now working on a pair of "billiard chairs" for my own home table. I'm going to start my getting back to pool by hopefully inviting someone else fairly safe over to play at my house, where we can at least do a decent effort of controlling exposure.