Melee in Memphis Bank Tourney Interest

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Bill,
Do I need to bring an extra pill bottle ?

Let's get it on !:lol

Looks like we have a spot or two open now. It will be a lot of fun, 5 more weeks.

Scrzbill, after you put Mitch away, I will be available if I can dodge ChicagoFats. That guy is long winded.

All of the members that are within less than a days drive should come and play, or just kibitz and watch. There are several motels within 5 - 6 blocks.

I got a room at a real nice Super 8, with breakfast, for less than $60 a night.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Bill,

Looks like we have a spot or two open now. It will be a lot of fun, 5 more weeks.

Scrzbill, after you put Mitch away

Woohoo!!!! In the eternal words of Marvin Gaye.... “Let’s get it onnnnnnnnn”

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Bill,

Scrzbill, after you put Mitch away, I will be available if I can dodge ChicagoFats. That guy is long winded.

All of the members that are within less than a days drive should come and play, or just kibitz and watch. There are several motels within 5 - 6 blocks.

I got a room at a real nice Super 8, with breakfast, for less than $60 a night.

I usually bring enough pills so I can play all day and collapse at night.
I’ll be there Monday, at the phul room at opening until closing everyday until departure, the following Monday. I encourage everyone to visit me at the hospital in the Elvis wing, Memphis Memorial.:cool:

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Sounds good Bill. That last one ran late and did hurt several action matches that were shut down.

Shutting down action matches is unacceptable. If we are going to have tournaments, then there needs to be enough tables for everyone to play. California billiards reserved 14 9 foot tables for the MOT. They were all in play until I wore out. Four days of Kentucky vs Mitch. I expect to play him and anyone else who wants action while I am there. 8 tables is not enough. Tournament, then action, then........

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Shutting down action matches is unacceptable. If we are going to have tournaments, then there needs to be enough tables for everyone to play. California billiards reserved 14 9 foot tables for the MOT. They were all in play until I wore out. Four days of Kentucky vs Mitch. I expect to play him and anyone else who wants action while I am there. 8 tables is not enough. Tournament, then action, then........

I second this motion!! Action or bust! Lol

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Bill Rowsey, Nothing better than your pill bottle partner game. Been playing pool for 55 yrs on and off, mostly on.

Have never seen or participated in anything like it. Certainly do not have anything in Ft Worth - Dallas area like it.

Bill Meyers, I will bring some extra Advil for you. LOL :lol

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Bill Rowsey, Nothing better than your pill bottle partner game. Been playing pool for 55 yrs on and off, mostly on.

Have never seen or participated in anything like it. Certainly do not have anything in Ft Worth - Dallas area like it.

Bill Myers, I will bring some extra Advil for you. LOL :lol

That’s Bill MEyers to you mister. I can’t take Advil or anything like it right now. No dairy, no ruffage, no, no, no and I still am screaming bloody murder a couple of hours each day. What is it you ask? Undetermined chronic pain. The first pool room I ever played had ring pill bottle games. There are all types and versions. I’ll be there Monday and available for action the minute I walk into the door. This place being a Southern Pool room will have all those things. Action baby, ACTION, ACTION. The schedule for this tournament fits my SS check perfectly. I am saving an extra one by not eating so I can play.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.

No need for you to worry my friend. You'll get all the action you want.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
No need for you to worry my friend. You'll get all the action you want.

ALL U CAN EAT MFKER! I’ll be rolling in cash. I get my SS check right before I leave and I saved one other. That at least $600. I’ll be rolling in green.
When you get there Mr Newkirk? You bring my fish with you?

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
ALL U CAN EAT MFKER! I’ll be rolling in cash. I get my SS check right before I leave and I saved one other. That at least $600. I’ll be rolling in green.
When you get there Mr Newkirk? You bring my fish with you?
Lol, you the best Mr. MEyers

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
Not having a bank game on Thursday now?
Dont look like Johnny. I bet one of these guys will match up with you some friendly.
Folks that don’t know Johnny Willis, He is is one of the nicest guys that comes in a poolroom. He loves one hole and banks obviously. Never a problem in games. So introduce yourselves when you get here to the locally famous Fed Ex Johnny.
You’ll be glad you did.~T

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
SouthHaven Rec

SouthHaven Rec

Scrzbill (Bill), I will be arriving on Wed afternoon, and yes, Warren will be with me. If he plays you, I am not in. Warren has plenty of bullets himself. Looking forward to all the action and the 1pkt tournament.:D