Melee in Memphis Bank Tourney Interest

chicagomike

Verified Member
Anyone interested in participating in a bank tournament prior to starting the one pocket tournament please make yourself known. If there is enough interest Bill Rousey may try to coordinate something. Speak now or forever hold your cue.

I would be interested in attending. Anyone else?

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I'll play if I can get enough work done ahead to get there Thursday night. I'm running a bank in Metropolis tomorrow at 1:00 if anybody can make it. Buddy cant play so its easy money...lol

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
That must be going around. They got my older sister good the other day too...after she took off the bandage she said she was "horrified " lol.

I am actually quite satisfied. It starts where my previous scar ended. Now I have an excellent Pirate scar for holloween from below my eye down to my chin. My next visit is too Dr Pimple popper.:lol:lol

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Anyone interested in participating in a bank tournament prior to starting the one pocket tournament please make yourself known. If there is enough interest Bill Rousey may try to coordinate something. Speak now or forever hold your cue.

I would be interested in attending. Anyone else?

i'll play.

here are my thoughts:

what we did in september is make up a 32 man single elimination bracket (think there were 4 byes) and pulled draws from a deck of cards after the calcutta to fill the bracket. here's what we used:

32 Man Banks Single Elimination JPG.jpg

assuming there is enough interest amongst our 1p entries and local players (this would be on a thursday evening....) we could do something like that again -or- just let bill handle it if he wants to.

also assuming that a sizable portion of the field would most likely come from our 1p entries, probably need to have something set up within the next couple/three weeks so guys can make travel/lodging plans accordingly....

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i'll play.

here are my thoughts:

what we did in september is make up a 32 man single elimination bracket (think there were 4 byes) and pulled draws from a deck of cards after the calcutta to fill the bracket. here's what we used:

View attachment 24044

assuming there is enough interest amongst our 1p entries and local players (this would be on a thursday evening....) we could do something like that again -or- just let bill handle it if he wants to.

also assuming that a sizable portion of the field would most likely come from our 1p entries, probably need to have something set up within the next couple/three weeks so guys can make travel/lodging plans accordingly....

could get something like this printed up if needed:
32 Man Banks Single Elimination JPG.jpg

Last edited:

chicagomike

Verified Member
i'll play.

here are my thoughts:

View attachment 24044

Just FYI it was suggested by one of the locals last year that our 1p Calcutta could have been much larger if we were to run it while the locals were still there and bidding on the banks Calcutta. Sounded like the locals were interested in picking horses along with us. Not sure how that would work or if inviting them back for the 1p Calcutta might be an option...just food for thought.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Let me understand this, if there is a bank tournament on Thursday, there can be no action?

No, it would start at 7 if there is enough interest. . As its single elimination the first tables will start to open up around 9-9:30 Dont worry Bill. There will be plenty of time to match up.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Just FYI it was suggested by one of the locals last year that our 1p Calcutta could have been much larger if we were to run it while the locals were still there and bidding on the banks Calcutta. Sounded like the locals were interested in picking horses along with us. Not sure how that would work or if inviting them back for the 1p Calcutta might be an option...just food for thought.

if we can get in a banks tourney on Thursday - will definitely make that known....

:)

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Let me understand this, if there is a bank tournament on Thursday, there can be no action?

No, it would start at 7 if there is enough interest. . As its single elimination the first tables will start to open up around 9-9:30 Dont worry Bill. There will be plenty of time to match up.

kentucky....my main man....

your obsession with this (if we even have a banks on Thursday) es no problemo hermano…..

like crabb man says, after a couple games/rounds there are open tables....;)

happy hunting.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i'll reach out to bill and todd this week. personally, i'm down for a banks mini....

imo, what needs to happen is this:

(1) make sure bill is good with that. tables are available....there is local interest and entries....figure out the logistics....etc. thursday might be tough for a lot of local guys - but....if we get an event squared away/scheduled reasonably soon, maybe local players can plan and budget their time for it.....

(2) our members coming in for the 1p who are/would be interested in a banks on thursday evening, please post here and confirm if you can/want to play....

i thought it worked out pretty good last september and got the vibe everyone had a good time.

Last edited: