maybe sexier wwyd

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
well the shooter came off the 5
short rail /long rail/long rail/short rail
barely missing the 14
(was he trying for it??)
just missed the cluster to leave his opponent as diagramed
I think the shooter made a good shot off the 5. I had thought about the same route earlier, but to take out the 14. However in the end I thought it was too risky.

I don't know how the other guy made the 8. Maybe he kissed it in off the 9 ball. He may have been just trying to play safe, and got lucky. That's a long shot on a 10' table.:eek:

~Doc

lll

Verified Member
I think the shooter made a good shot off the 5. I had thought about the same route earlier, but to take out the 14. However in the end I thought it was too risky.

I don't know how the other guy made the 8. Maybe he kissed it in off the 9 ball. He may have been just trying to play safe, and got lucky. That's a long shot on a 10' table.:eek:

~Doc
here is how it went into the pocket
(like a laser guided missle)
doc1.jpg

lll

Verified Member
What did the cue ball do? That's most important here. Maybe that's why he shot the eight. If the cue ball is not getting safe then I liked the rail first better
cue ball barely clipped the 3
diagram and pic of his next shot
gm31.jpg

beatle

Verified Member
Gee I thought leaving a guy up table with a long shot was what you want to do on a ten foot table. Was that me or others that said that.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
fwiw
his opponent shot the 8 ball and nailed it and eventually won the game
(i dont remember if he ran out from there:eek::eek:)
View attachment 14261
Well, I would take this result, considering the position he was in before repositioning the 5 and going back up table with the CB. I mean look at the shot the guy came with to win the game, at best it's a low %tage shot that figures to give up some balls if missed and very possibly the game. Would you bet the game you could make the 8 from there? I wouldn't, but he did. I guess he figured he could get safe if he missed the 8, and I suppose he could have, never know for sure because he made it. In his defense, he was in a bit of a pickle, so shooting at the 8 was one of the options he had. Tough spot, for both players.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
Well, I would take this result, considering the position he was in before repositioning the 5 and going back up table with the CB. I mean look at the shot the guy came with to win the game, at best it's a low %tage shot that figures to give up some balls if missed and very possibly the game. Would you bet the game you could make the 8 from there? I wouldn't, but he did. I guess he figured he could get safe if he missed the 8, and I suppose he could have, never know for sure because he made it. In his defense, he was in a bit of a pickle, so shooting at the 8 was one of the options he had. Tough spot, for both players.
I may be crazy, but any player in the world can have that shot against me. The guy who put him there made a potential game-winning shot from a brutal position, but lost to a high-risk gamble (he got "rivered.")

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Hey, that shooter in post #24 looks like Cardone! At least the bridge hand does. But looking again, the shooter may have too much hair....:heh

Jokes aside, I agree with Jeff. The shooter must have believed the CB would roll safe off the 8 ball. Otherwise it's hard to believe that he'd take that shot from 8-9' away-- off the rail!, with a sure sell out if missed; especially since he had other options.

~Doc
can't see 8'
any more