ball score
you are losing 3-1...:mad:
its your shot...:)/:(
oh by the way
its still a 10 foot table
mg20.jpg

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Probably the best move here is to fall to your knees and pray...:D But you have to shoot something. If the shooter has a good feel for the CB spin curve shot, it might be time to pull it out of the bag and slice in the 3 ball.

Otherwise if the 8 lays right, a guy could shoot the 8 ito the 9 in attempt to take it outta there. It might even be favorable to slow roll the 8 and try to bury the CB in that cluster. The shooter is in deep doo-doo here...

~Doc

onepockethacker

Verified Member
If the 3 ball is makeable Im shooting it.. if not Im kicking up and down trying to kick the crotch of the rail 14.. cueball can drop down behind the 9 ball

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Take out shot

Take out shot

Shoot the 8 straight into the right side of the 9-ball and try to take out all 3 balls on his side, let whitey float forward behind the 2 if possible.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Probably the best move here is to fall to your knees and pray...:D But you have to shoot something. If the shooter has a good feel for the CB spin curve shot, it might be time to pull it out of the bag and slice in the 3 ball.

Otherwise if the 8 lays right, a guy could shoot the 8 ito the 9 in attempt to take it outta there. It might even be favorable to slow roll the 8 and try to bury the CB in that cluster. The shooter is in deep doo-doo here...

~Doc
Just saw this, you called it, I think it lays close anyway.

LSJohn

Verified Member
ball score
you are losing 3-1...:mad:
its your shot...:)/:(
oh by the way
its still a 10 foot table
View attachment 14237
Everything sucks.

I'd have to see it at the table, but I'd either take a foul on the top rail straight in on the 14, play off the 11 toward the 14 medium firm, or play the 2 off the 8 toward my pocket with 7 o'clock, trying to take whitey two rails to straight in on the 14.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Might try a long table one rail kick ticky on the 14, or a two rail bank (up & back) on the red ball and try to billiard the 14 ball off the bottom rail, side rail. Just have to see and feel it at the table to decide, but I'm prolly shooting one of those two shots.
The combination is out for me, to many things to try to control, including my confidence in choosing that shot.

beatle

Verified Member
spin the 3 in. or take out the two balls with the 8 or 2.
you have to do something here to turn the game around before the noose tightens too much.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I think I would just chip the three over next to my hole and down on the rail, because now it is yet another threat against you that he can bank over there, so you can fix that and leave him long and straight in and give him something to think about in case he messes up. Hopefully I can leave it where he can't go off the eight and trap me either his next shot...

Mkbtank

Verified Member
maybe sexier wwyd

I agree, I would probably cut that three Ballin. If not another possibility is to two rail the 15 back to your hole while taking out the 14 with the cue ball. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
1. My choices are to kick at the14 ball one rail.
2. per my diagram
3. Cut the three in.

Number one allows for a bit of error and not too difficult to do.

My diagram just requires for you to be able to hit soft with a lot of spin. Hit about nine o'clock but not with a draw stroke. Works just fine if you can execute the stroke.
Correction: after taking it to the table I realize that the hit is at about at 7:30 with a harder hit. Good results most of the time, even got the 14 ball in front of my hole once out of about six or seven tries.

Number three is my last resort. It will be a total disaster if missed.

a lot of juice.jpg

Last edited:

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
I don't see anything I like.

Depends how it looks at the table, but I would consider coming off the 5, and float to the side rail at his corner, and lay up on the 9? on the bottom rail, protecting the 3 ball.

Or, though I don't wan't to move the 3, I would look at about a half ball hit/bank on the 3 and put the cb back at the corner where I'm standing, going 3 rails.

It don't look good. Several balls at his pocket, high and low. Several close combinations that look on or very adjustable.

I'm inclined to float the cb to the rail vs the cb 3rails choice.

Tough situation to my inexperienced eye.

I am looking at what maybe I can do. I like 'hacker's shot best, but I know I would butcher it, so I'm looking for something else.

That kick is strong, from anywhere...I need to work on it..bigtime.

Good WWYD...thanks

lll

Verified Member
Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
May try to cut the 3 in, i would have to be behind the shot to see how my confidence was before shooting it.

Something I also like is to go off the 5 ball (about 1/3 of the ball with some left spin. I shoot it at a medium speed so I can go over into the 14. I may get under ti and kick it out, I may hit on top of it and bank it towards my side. (Yes I could hit the 14 in the face or run into the 9 and sell out but it's a tough position and I think this is as good as option as any)

12squared

Verified Member
I like to lose with style and creativity, so here is my choice (not really sure I would play it, but I was smiling when I thought of it):

What if you shot straight into the 1 ball (?) and stopped your cue ball? The balls would scatter as I tried to indicate but didn't have access to arrows and the stripe ball would block the opponent's pocket, something may go but it will definitely turn the game around (if you don't lose first - LOL). If the stripe goes past the 2 balls by their pocket, since it's a 5x10 maybe do the same but draw the cue ball to the end rail leaving distance.

Please be kind :)

Shottin' in the air, Dave

baby huey

Verified Member
There is a potential kiss off with the six ball to your hole and a subsequent take out of the stripped ball near your opponents hole. Its a win or lose situation though but at least you are moving balls away from your opponents hole. In all shots it depends on a lot of factors going your way but at least you are playing offense and defense at the same time.

lll

Verified Member
well the shooter came off the 5
short rail /long rail/long rail/short rail
barely missing the 14
(was he trying for it??)
just missed the cluster to leave his opponent as diagramed
mg21.jpg

mg22.jpg

lll

Verified Member
fwiw
his opponent shot the 8 ball and nailed it and eventually won the game
(i dont remember if he ran out from there:eek::eek:)
mg22.jpg

12squared

Verified Member
well the shooter came off the 5
short rail /long rail/long rail/short rail
barely missing the 14
(was he trying for it??)
just missed the cluster to leave his opponent as diagramed
View attachment 14259

View attachment 14260
Nice shot selection, but it looks like they can go rail first to make the stripe and slide the cue ball on the other side of the 3 for shape and/or safety. Of course it may not be available, but from the picture it is.