May 21-24 BIG One Pocket Tournament Buffalo's Billiards New Orleans, La

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Alex won, and that is it for tonight's streamed tournament matches. However, now it looks like Gentile is playing Chohan, with Dippy Dave coaching Chohan and Billy coaching Gentile -- I mean these guys are coaching/directing every single shot! I have no idea what they are playing for, but it is pretty funny!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
thanks guys for the inside reporting
i agree nick and bill are doing a great job and make a great team

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Billy lecturing Scott Frost about controlling the cue ball, lol. Frost apparently won his match against JJ.

What I meant by lecturing -- from what I could hear on the stream it sounded like Billy might have been emphasizing the importance of maintaining control of the cue ball to a higher degree -- possibly versus moving more balls (power One Pocket). Keep in mind some of this is my opinion because I only got little snippets from the stream -- but what I was hearing from Billy meshes with my own opinion regarding Scott's game the last year or so, which is that he (Scott) was putting a little too much focus on the power One Pocket side of the game, and consequently the cue ball was leaking out a little more than is desirable against formidable foes like this kind of field. My opinion, that was costing Scott matches over the last year or so. From Billy's lecture it sounded like he was giving Scott credit for reigning in whitey a little more.

I mean, in every aspect of One Pocket, Scott has super talent -- banking balls, running balls, all of the moving in and out of traps -- he is a consummate player. He probably has at least 5 times the experience playing One Pocket that Alex does. Of course, Alex is a very rare super duper talent, lol. And Alex is a smart and creative player too. I mean if there was a "next Efren", Alex has a little of that in him. So you have to like Alex here -- except -- Scott has really been bearing down the last few months on his pool game, and he also as Billy seemed to be commenting about, has hunkered down a little into a more controlled style of play. I think that is good for Scott.

This is a great event -- not too late to sign up for either.

http://www.poolactiontv.com/

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
It seems that the Frost/Pagulayan match-up is the one everyone has been waiting for. It's interesting that there is a possibility that might result in them playing twice-- if the loser of their match wins the winner's side, then plays the other again (if he prevails on the winner's side). And since the finals could be two races to 5, the total game count that they might play in the tournament could be 27! So perhaps everyone will get to see 27 games between the two.:)

They're slated to play tonight at 7 P.M., or "ASAP". I hope it's "ASAP", since I'll be there today, but I won't stay all night. With all those wild 'n crazy barbox 9-ballers there --fussin', fumin' and puffin'-- a guy is probably going to need a gas mask.:rolleyes:

~Doc

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Down to the Final 6 players

Justin Bergman vs Tony Chohan next on the stream (main tv table)
Jeremy Jones vs Justin Hall (top table view)
get a pass here www.poolactiontv.com

Then the Hotseat match Wow what a match here winners side finals

SCOTT ALEX.jpg

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Frost and Alex 1-1 in games so far -- each winning on their own break. Varner and Cardone in the booth again tonight.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Scott is up to his usual 'gamesmanship'.

What he do now?...

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
They are talking about Alex doing a lot of squinting, as if he is having trouble with his eyes -- I wonder if it is the smoke, and that might bother Alex?? It doesn't seem to be bothering his ball pocketing though, lol as he just ran out to take a 2-1 lead.

Yeah that game looked like it was going to go Scott's way, but then he (Scott) misplayed position when he had two balls on the doorstep of his pocket, and ended up only making one of them and chasing the other one away accidentally. Then it almost seemed like Scott played an ill advised bank out of frustration, which almost went, but did not, and Alex took over from there to win.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
They are talking about Alex doing a lot of squinting, as if he is having trouble with his eyes -- I wonder if it is the smoke, and that might bother Alex?? It doesn't seem to be bothering his ball pocketing though, lol as he just ran out to take a 2-1 lead.

Yeah that game looked like it was going to go Scott's way, but then he (Scott) misplayed position when he had two balls on the doorstep of his pocket, and ended up only making one of them and chasing the other one away accidentally. Then it almost seemed like Scott played an ill advised bank out of frustration, which almost went, but did not, and Alex took over from there to win.

He had trouble with his right eye last night. He took a break and washed his face.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Scott left a ball out on Alex's side, and after a precision executed 8and out, Alex is up 3-1 in games now. That one was on Scott's break.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Another 8 and out by Alex who goes up 4-1.

There was some debate on how Scott should give Alex the 7-ball here, which did end up becoming a key shot in this game. It is Scott's shot and the 7-ball is hanging in Alex pocket.

Attachments

• 2015-05-23 22_33_31-Greenshot.jpg
    2015-05-23 22_33_31-Greenshot.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 0