Mary Kenniston inducted in to billiards hall of fame

Mary Kenniston

Verified Member

Mary Kenniston

Verified Member
Doc, I vividly remember seeing Mary for the first time, late seventies in New Orleans at the Sportsmans. She was traveling with NY Blackie.
Back in those days, not many women were seen in the pool rooms.
Mare I'm proud of yah, and congrats to your accomplishment.
Not many out there support our game like you have.
Last Time I ran into Blackie (Buddy Hall was also parked there) was in Tampa 05-06 at a pool room, close by the LARGE American Flag.
I was helping run the Tampa Honda....service dept.
Thought I might retire/move there, but I got a taste of those NE retired people's attitudes.
They don't roll quite like the rest of us. o_O

Thanks, Bill! BTW, didn't get to New Orleans until '80. ;)

Mary Kenniston

Verified Member
Thanks Carla.

It’s amazing there’s no info at all on this, nothing on AZbilliards, nothing on the WPBA website, nothing.

Congratulations Mary

Thanks, Steve! Yeah, coverage is pretty weak. Here's the link to the article that ran in Pool & Billiard Magazine a few months ago. The WLOX story aired over the weekend - someone tipped them off so they came to the house.

Was supposed to be inducted last month at a WPBA event but everything's been cancelled because of the Covid. :(

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Thanks, Steve! Yeah, coverage is pretty weak. Here's the link to the article that ran in Pool & Billiard Magazine a few months ago. The WLOX story aired over the weekend - someone tipped them off so they came to the house.

Was supposed to be inducted last month at a WPBA event but everything's been cancelled because of the Covid. :(

That’s a great little article but there’s so much more about you that people don’t know.

Yah, with all the crap going on you kind of got the short end of the stick right now.

Well we all love ya here and hang in there, things will change...they might not change for the better but they’ll change. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
😁😆😆🤣🤣

Mary Kenniston

Verified Member
That’s a great little article but there’s so much more about you that people don’t know.

Yah, with all the crap going on you kind of got the short end of the stick right now.

Well we all love ya here and hang in there, things will change...they might not change for the better but they’ll change. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
😁😆😆🤣🤣
Thanks, Steve - sure miss seeing you. :)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

Hell of a journey huh Mare!
You need another honor for being a great friend to so many along the way...
Congratulations on a life well spent, and making wonderful memories for all of us... 👍