Marvin Henderson

glee

Verified Member
Marvin Henderson Photo

Marvin Henderson Photo

Hi Cal, In the Winning One Pocket book on page 265 is a photo of Marvin. In the real early 60's I witnessed the big match up between Marvin and Jack Perkins at Cochorans. The stakes were put up on the light, I think it was a thou. $500.00 a game. A huge crowd of sweaters assembled to watch, and before a shot was made a huge comotion started across the room over by the billiard tables, (quiest place on the planet) 5 or 6 guys were batteling away. It looked like a war zone. Fight gets broken up and the combatants get evicted. Everybody gets back in position to sweat out the match, and either Jack or Marvin notice that the stakes are GONE off the light. Perkins was really hot, he was all over the room waving a fist full of $100.00 and offering $500.00 to anybody who would give up the cheeze snatcher.
Anybody got a photo of Jack Perkins??

Cal

Verified Member
From
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Marvin Henderson

I have that picture ,I was wondering if anyone had any additional pictures of Marvin . He is from Pittsburgh and I saw and played with him many times .He was one of the most inavative players you ever wanted to see, Much like Efren ,what he saw and invisioned was beyond the average player,That incident with the money on the lights is funny and whats so sad it happened "MANY" times

Tom

Verified Member
Marvin Hendrson Pix

Marvin Hendrson Pix

The November 1998 Pool & Billiard Magazine has a number of pictures of Marvin as part of one of the Legends of the Road stories (Marvin was #23 in the series).

I ws really happy that the story came out before Marvin died. He told me he took a couple copies to Washington and showed it to all his pool pals and friends, and they were all proud of him.

Tom