Mark Ben 3

youngstown

Verified Member
Ben needs 4 of those balls by my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
hard to tell with just the 1 pic, but if I can i am shooting the stripe straight ahead and trying to stop the CB right there behind the 7.

The stripe clears the 2 balls by his pocket and I may get a lucky carom off one of the other balls, which is why I am trying to keep the CB behind the 7 as a blocker.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
There are a couple of other dink safeties, like coming off the right of the 5 ball with right spin to take out the 4 ball.

If I felt desperate I might cut the 7 into the 5-2 kiss shot. The 2 could pocket, and the CB takes out the 4 ball. Being in this disadventageous position, it might be the time to gamble.

~Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
There are a couple of other dink safeties, like coming off the right of the 5 ball with right spin to take out the 4 ball.

If I felt desperate I might cut the 7 into the 5-2 kiss shot. The 2 could pocket, and the CB takes out the 4 ball. Being in this disadventageous position, it might be the time to gamble.

~Doc

That is the shot Doc. Hit it firm enough to get a couple balls uptable or at least away from his hole so even if something goes wrong you are still in the game.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I would hit the 2-5 with stun the 2 goes up table
The 5 banks into the 7 or 9
Cue ball stays there ( trying to hit the 5 full )

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
From
Berkeley, CA
hard to tell with just the 1 pic, but if I can i am shooting the stripe straight ahead and trying to stop the CB right there behind the 7.

The stripe clears the 2 balls by his pocket and I may get a lucky carom off one of the other balls, which is why I am trying to keep the CB behind the 7 as a blocker.
That's the shot I like. I have some idea of where the cue ball is going to end up.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member

I agree with this option.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Looks to me like neither of them bank. I obviously would't want to leave a easy cross corner.

Yea, its hard to tell, but I am thinking if you leave the CB lower (on foot rail) with your shot, it may be better but who knows for sure unless you are at the table...the 5 ball wont but the 2 might and even the 7 of you leave him high enough...

I know with the way you bank, I'm sure in the heck not leaving you there! :eek:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Yea, its hard to tell, but I am thinking if you leave the CB lower (on foot rail) with your shot, it may be better but who knows for sure unless you are at the table...the 5 ball wont but the 2 might and even the 7 of you leave him high enough...

I know with the way you bank, I'm sure in the heck not leaving you there! :eek:

Probably clear the 7 with the kick but it don't bank either.

beatle

Verified Member
larry has the right idea. any shot that doesnt put you under those balls and knocks some away is bad news. you are in a tight spot and need to get out now.

if i had a better look i think i have enough angle to spin my cueball low right and cut the 2 ball in and hit the 5 and have a good chance of stopping it near the rail below his balls that are left.

if i sell out i rack em up and pay. but being over enough to cut the 2 is very make able.

El Chapo

Verified Member
I am going all out to get that 2 in my hole here kissing off that ball and the bank is right there for my next shot. That bank is even gonna lay where you can knock the 9 out and get position on it possibly.

The balls are going to be gone soon and with the score the way it is you are too much of an underdog to play one ball at a time here.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

There are only two shots I would shoot here and they both require hitting the 9ball first. I would shoot and stick with a medium hard speed playing the 9ball into the outside of the 4ball in hopes to create positive action and steal the game My other choice would be to play the 9ball into the 4ball softly creating congestion at the foot end of the table while floating to the bottom rail. This option will keep all four balls in play at the foot end of the table keeping the pressure on my opponent.

Dr. Bill

youngstown

Verified Member
Mark Ben 3

Having seen Ben shoot... He probably cut the seven in, used the 4 to stop the cue ball and ran out...:heh

I don’t actually trust myself to remember what he did because the pic was purposed to capture the table itself, so I didn’t make any mental notes regarding what happened after. I just posted the WWYD to make another use of the picture. Actually I’m not even sure I got the score right.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I don’t actually trust myself to remember what he did because the pic was purposed to capture the table itself, so I didn’t make any mental notes regarding what happened after. I just posted the WWYD to make another use of the picture. Actually I’m not even sure I got the score right.

Yeah , but you are getting on the job training for free! Keep up the good work

beatle

Verified Member
if the 4 was high enough to send the 9 into the 5,and 2 then that shot would be the easiest to do and could be the best shot. it doesnt look that way from the pic to me.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Hard to tell if it really lies right, but I just might two rail the 2 ball with a little extra speed so that it doesn't leave a bank if I miss. It looks like I can hit a stop and slide to the right shot that will keep the cue ball under control, preferably using the 5 as a blocker and potential next shot. If I make the 2, I'll make the 5 next and then run out two more for the game!