Mark Ben 1

youngstown

Verified Member
Ben has the pocket marked by the chalk..what should he do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I don’t know what Ben should do but the shot I see is tough as nails Thinning the two to put the cue ball behind the eight. If you are lucky, the two acts as an additional blocker
Either that or pay up.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I don’t know what Ben should do but the shot I see is tough as nails Thinning the two to put the cue ball behind the eight. If you are lucky, the two acts as an additional blocker
Either that or pay up.

think its the 4

that was what i was thinking as well, leave him awkward locked on that ball somehow (i'd try to lag behind it) of course, being over balls is rough....

-or- hit the three rail shot perfect and come on the back side of the 13

-or- hit what figueroa and kollegedave call a "big ed" and fram em and see what happens.....lol

tough spot for sure.

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
okay if that cue ball is frozen i might try to push that 10 ball and maybe 5 over on my side and roll him where i want up table.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Ben has the pocket marked by the chalk..what should he do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a great wwyd but you are a little too far from the table , we can't see if he can just dink the 11 or 3 or even the 12 and freeze on something, which is usually what people do in a situation like this, I saw the shot off the 4 or 2 or whatever that ball is but it's too tough for me to shoot. The 10 5 is ok except it leaves the 2 with position if the 10 or 5 don't get makeable.
Very interesting shot. If I could get my cue on it , I would draw off the 2 ball down around the 13 area, if thats not there
I might just roll up on something and take a foul and see if my opponent is awake , I am certainly not going to lose the game from here, trying something unnecessary. Thanks for posting it

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
This is the time to grind and hopefully my opponent will make an error. My first grind move would be to take an intentional foul by simultaneously, while slightly moving, approximately 1/2 inch, both the 12-ball and 3-ball. This prevents my opponent from having a bank on the 12-ball, 5-ball, and 3 ball. My second grind is dependent on what my opponent does next.

Bmoretallpaul

Verified Member
Thinning off the 10 ball and laying behind the 4 ball would be optimal. Even if you don't get there trying a combo from that distance is not enticing.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Mark Ben 1

Either that or pay up.

Same shot I saw. Wish us luck lol.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'd probably jack up and bump over the 3, 12 & 5 my way. None of those balls left lined up are makeable or able to be combo'd for the opponent, and now there are plenty of soldiers by my hole to have to beware of.

Another shot might be available if the CB can get around the 4 ball to go 3 rails to behind the 13-14. But it's likely laying too long for the CB.

~Doc

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
If the 4 doesn't pass those 2 balls.... I am banking the 2 ball to my side and tucking the cue ball down on the end of the table under the 4.

Attachments

• ben.gif
    ben.gif
    91.8 KB · Views: 0

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
If you watched the Seniors you seen Varner and Ike Runnels put on a banking clinic. They continued to bank a ball in front of their hole, pocket speed paramount. Especially Ike Runnels was banking extreme back banks with extreme natural English, beautifully!
He would be all over banking that 4 to his hole at pocket speed and burying his rock on the side rail behind the 9 protecting the 4, and that is my shot of choice. Whitey

beatle

Verified Member
i would pick the 4 bank but it looks like you are blocked from seeing it. so i rule it out.

going up under the 4 ball off the 2 leaves him a shot most times. the 4 looks like it goes or will hang up and you get left with no way to get to it and curtains for you.

if you are not taking a scratch then you need to leave him up table on your side. on his side he can bang that nine ball over and terrorize you with balls on his side and maybe make one.

Last edited:

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I may try to three rail lag the ball behind the two balls near his pocket though that is a tough ask jacked up over the stack to play good speed

youngstown

Verified Member
Mark Ben 1

Ben pushed thru the 10 with a touch of right so as not to leave the 7.