Making the most of it

youngstown

Verified Member
I may not get to go out and play much in the near future, but I feel fortunate that I have a nice diamond table to practice on. I’m not sure how motivated I’ll be to keep my game sharp though since I don’t expect many visitors. Hopefully my sons will want to spend some time occasionally playing a game in real life. Maybe I’ll get a friend to drop in, if we think it’s safe (...sigh).

I do have plenty to keep me busy, though. I still need to finish staining the play deck I built last year.

1584547238171.jpeg

Also I have several cue builds in the works, many of which can get finished sometime this year, depending on a few variables, that is. If all goes well, this batch will fund my CNC machine and then the real fun begins. I hope that someday the ideas in my head can become a reality, because I’d like to think it can be something special. I do like the Merry Widows (Should i call them Mari-Widows?) with different exotic woods, but somewhere down deep there is an dark horse artist that wants to take this not just to the next level but maybe even beyond. I’m lucky that I have the time and ability to learn new things and resources to accomplish whatever I set up for. I feel it’s my duty not to waste the opportunities that I’m given.

“Get on me Bert, I can’t lose.”

Several (#1-5,8) of the builds below will have (dark leather) wraps installed.
6F251EA9-1D6C-46EE-95A5-1BF5BE302B12.jpeg
About half (#1-7) of them have ring work where the dash ring is Cocobolo and “ivory” and the other half have ring work where the dash ring is made of Ebony and “Ivory”)

Pic below was taken between turns (before sanding, etc)
1584548391356.jpeg

Last edited:

youngstown

Verified Member
Number 11,10, can you put a red wrap on those two red ones. What’s the wood? Have you done any refinishing?
Those two are both Redheart and African Blackwood. It would be a shame to cover up the African black wood with a wrap IMO. Yes, but I’m not taking any refinish jobs at the moment...I do have one Huebler in the queue but have my hands full with my own cues. (Maybe later in the summer.)

youngstown

Verified Member
Looks great! Where is the pic of the Titlist conversion!?!?!? Love you brother and be safe and healthy!
Here she is. She needs another coat then I’ll do the wrap. I still haven’t decided which wrap to put on it...
image.jpg

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I may not get to go out and play much in the near future, but I feel fortunate that I have a nice diamond table to practice on. I’m not sure how motivated I’ll be to keep my game sharp though since I don’t expect many visitors. Hopefully my sons will want to spend some time occasionally playing a game in real life. Maybe I’ll get a friend to drop in, if we think it’s safe (...sigh).

I do have plenty to keep me busy, though. I still need to finish staining the play deck I built last year.

View attachment 430237

Wow! My kids are jealous of that structure.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Those two are both Redheart and African Blackwood. It would be a shame to cover up the African black wood with a wrap IMO. Yes, but I’m not taking any refinish jobs at the moment...I do have one Huebler in the queue but have my hands full with my own cues. (Maybe later in the summer.)

You are right about that. I like the feel of wraps. Can you ring me?

youngstown

Verified Member
#12 is gorgeous. Have you thoughts on a wrap for that one?
(don't care to play with a non-wrapped cue)
That handle has one of the better pieces of Birdseye maple that I’ve bought.

image.jpg

I plan to put a clear epoxy wrap on that one 🤣.

however I have three others like it (not pictured) that I do plan to have wraps for...

Last edited: