Make It Happen....it's on

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Make It Happen....it's on

Dr Bill. You may have missed this below :). If time allows.

Lastly- I'd love another match this year 😊. For some cheese too if you like. Although playing you last year with Frost on one rail and SVB on the other will likely be hard to top!! But I'm game 👍

1pwannabe

Verified Member
This is going to be an incredible MIH 1P event for sure, can't wait to watch it! This is by far my favorite tournament of the year, the superbowl of pool for me. The fact that Billy and Danny are commentating is icing on the cake (a big thank you to Pat, Billy and Danny!)

My 2 cents worth....

Danny is just too good of a grinder not to make it to the finals again, and Efren is just too damn good not to make it as well. I expect a repeat of last year, Efren wins, Danny a close 2nd. Danny's stamina is 2nd to none and Efren's pool knowledge and talent is 2nd to none. Last years final was amazing and thrilling and everything else a final should be.

Alex is by far the best when table conditions are optimal, but he never does well at this event and playing on the east coast with such varying amounts of humidity seems to throw his precision off. The shot clock also seems to irritate him.

Tony is incredible, but his main strategy is extreme aggressiveness trying to intimidate the opponent and these top pro's don't intimidate easily. I'm a huge fan of his and will watch every match he's in with great enthusiasm and I wish him all the luck, his time has come to make his mark IMHO.

Shane, if he's in-stroke and confident, can easily win this event. If there's ever been a guy than can shoot his way out of anything, it's him. Shane seems to be a momentum player, if he wins early on against strong players, his confidence goes into high gear and dominates everyone. If he loses early on, he doesn't finish as well. But who doesn't love Shane? He's great for the sport in every possible way.

Jones for me is a wildcard. I guess for him it will come down to dealing with the pressure of playing the best of the best, match after match. He knows everything he needs to know and I'm curious to see how he handles it all.

keoneyo

Verified Member
I had a long chat with Pat. I suggested that if JJ had time between matches was that it would be great if he could commentate on some matches. When Danny or Billy needed a break they would usually rely on tournament director Ken Shuman. Shuman is a nice guy but he keeps saying One Pocket is not his favorite game.

He is a 14.1 man, I believe. Pat said he had heard that JJ was doing some good commentary work. For me Danny and Billy is the premium but it would be good if JJ could be slotted in as well to give the guys a break.

baby huey

Verified Member
JJ is pretty good at the One Pocket commentary. I'd like to see he and Dr. Bill team up in the booth for some commentary and war stories.

bobt64

Verified Member
From
Green Valley, AZ
I have supported quite a few MIH events but due to circumstances beyond my control will have to pass on this one. I still probably will get a chance to watch some of the matches. A little surprised that Scott didn't make the cut, enjoy watching his play.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I should be there on Sunday, Bob. I would love to get together and play some if you like. We can play for nothing or something. Doesn't matter to me. I just love to play 1p. Especially with another 1P.org guy! Lmk. Mitch

Ill fly in Mitch to play you. Pick me up at the plane, feed me, torch me and then put me back on the plane. If you plan on wearing a coat and tie, Im sending the money to you. That has me jarred.:lol

But lets play for something this time

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
JJ is pretty good at the One Pocket commentary. I'd like to see he and Dr. Bill team up in the booth for some commentary and war stories.

I love JJ's commentary, but I would have liked to see Scott in the booth with Bill for this one since JJ is playin' and Scott isn't.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Does Tony's spectacular win in New Orleans change the predictions for this event? He's going to be hard to beat in a round robin format, his total points should be solid if he keeps playing this well.

I can't wait to see Shane and Tony get it on, two totally different styles and the one unknown here.

#1 - Tony
#2 & #3 - Danny/Efren
#4 Shane

azbombero

Put Scott in the booth and swap other two in when he needs a break. His perspective and delivery are exceptional and bring a lot to the stream. Time for a change.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Put Scott in the booth and swap other two in when he needs a break. His perspective and delivery are exceptional and bring a lot to the stream. Time for a change.

While I enjoy Scott's commentary, and he's a wonderful guest to have in the booth, Billy is the best and he needs to keep commentating for as long as he wants to keep doing it. There are a number of reasons why Accu-Stats enjoys the respect and following they have in the pool world, Billy being a major one of them.

Danny's age and health might be a factor for him now, and as much as I love the guy, it would be good to see him scale back some and split his time with other commentators.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Like I said in previous posts why bring Scott in when you probably have one of the best color man right there. J Jones. Since they are only playing one match a day it would be great if JJ could fill in. In the past they would use Ken Shuman in there and he really, as he himself admits, is not a one pocket man.
JJ is one of the best.

I personally don't like Scott but that's me. His analysis is alright but I don't need to be reminded that he is a great player every 10 minutes and that's why his word is gold.

I support all of Pat Fleming's one pocket MIH events. My prerequisite is that he have one Filipino (Efren, Alex, or Busty) in the line up and Billy and Danny in the booth.

Chohan is a great addition at this time.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Like I said in previous posts why bring Scott in when you probably have one of the best color man right there. J Jones. Since they are only playing one match a day it would be great if JJ could fill in. In the past they would use Ken Shuman in there and he really, as he himself admits, is not a one pocket man.
JJ is one of the best.

I personally don't like Scott but that's me. His analysis is alright but I don't need to be reminded that he is a great player every 10 minutes and that's why his word is gold.

I support all of Pat Fleming's one pocket MIH events. My prerequisite is that he have one Filipino (Efren, Alex, or Busty) in the line up and Billy and Danny in the booth.

Chohan is a great addition at this time.

Good call, forecasting Tony's win in New Orleans, but it's time to remove that "darkhorse" qualifier.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

Yes, agreed, both have a quick eye and can spit out their thoughts very easily. They would have some differences on shot selection of course, but that would only add to the value of their commentary. That coupled with their ability to talk about war stories of the road would make for some great entertainment.