louie roberts and charisma

frmn

Verified Member
over on azbilliards jay helfert had a thread on players eith charisma which reminded me of this louie roberts story. about a tear before he died louie moved to mesa and tommy's billiards to get his life together. he becam involved with a rich older lady who started out as a spectator,then a backer,and then his wife. this progression took place over a very short time maybe a month. he wanted to dry out and she wanted to help him dry out.so daily she would drop him off on the canal at six in the morning to get some running in and then pick him up some time later. knowing he couldn't be trusted not to drink by himself she made she he only had his sweats on. no money no wallet just get out there and run. despite this handicap louie still was able to get a six pack in with his roadwork. somehow he was able to talk the circle k guy into fronting him a sixer to be paid at a later time.louie definately had CHARISMA. i saw him play many times at tommy's and it was a thing of beauty to watch him work a backer. he made them feel like they were the most important persons in the room. he was remarkable.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
oui

oui

yes he was,no one has really taken his place,no offense to someone who has that I dont know,cheers,B