Looking for stills of breaks

u12armresl

Verified Member
Any new pics from people out there.

Cmon, you all take your phones to the pool hall, even if you don't play, snap pics of other tables breaks.

Skin

Verified Member
Here's another one.

Skin

Skin

Verified Member
lll said:
rack em up .its my break now:eek:

:) That one is pretty much either take a foul or take a big chance, isn't it Larry?

Skin

Last edited:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Maybe shoot the 3 to barely clip the 9ball, banking it over to your side and drawing the cueball back about a inch trying to freeze it on the 11. Pretty rough spot though.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I draw off the 5 ball and float down table enough so he has no shot at his pocket. Not hard to do. The farther you go, the better the shot, unless you go clear into the pocket. It's risky to try to deny him a bank into the balls, for that reason, but at least I don't think there's a direct bank at the pocket. I'm a strong favorite to keep him from shooting the stripe nearest his hole. Like maybe 8-1. One of my better shots, to be sure. :rolleyes:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'm thinking I'm trying to bank the 9 ball and drop in behind the 12 ball. Maybe hit the 8 or 10 and put a few balls on my side. :)
Rod.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
from the way i see it the stripe by his pocket is close enough from his pocket and away from the rail to be makeable from anywher he gets a look at it.
if you bank the nine into the stack i assume you are going 3 rails with whitey and unless the 9 breaks up the 3-13-2 i dont see how you have an angle to get behind the stripe by his pocket . it looks to me like you would land short and bounce out:confused:
id have to bank the q off the head rail to get behind the stripe by his pocket and accept the scratch
tough to turn this break around:mad:

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Power shots

Power shots

Here are a couple more 'power' shots I might try depending on the speed of my opponent and how well he shoots long shots. I like option #1 best as it gives me a chance to get out of the break. The stronger the player, the more likely I am to shoot a more aggressive shot to get out of the break, as biding time will often just keep putting me back in worse and worse positions.

1. 3-13-2: banks the 2 towards my pocket. It looks like it might go clean or maybe I'd get lucky and hit another ball towards/in my pocket. I'd hit it pretty hard with a little draw and float the cue ball off the long rail and try and park it on the end rail. Ideally, I'd want to leave him straight in on the 5, which would also hide the striped ball near his pocket. Another option would be to leave him more towards the middle of the end rail and use the stack to hide the striped, although I don't want to leave him much of an angle so that he could shoot at his pocket and go across the table and leave me behind the stack. This second option seems less ideal to me as it will be easier for him to remove any balls near my pocket and if I fail to get a ball near my pocket, he can just go into the right side of the stack, push more random balls towards his pocket and use the stack to hide his pocket.

2. 1-6: banks the 6 towards my pocket. Less desirable than option #1. The only way to make this work is to freeze the cue ball to the 4. However, the angle might be such that the 6 goes straight across the table and come right back into where it was, which would be bad as it would probably hit the cue ball. This option also likely leaves him a return bank or some easier way to get out of it. Now that I'm writing this, I guess you could also even draw off the 1 and go down table, but if you're trying to leave distance, I prefer option #1 above.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
CaliRed said:
Maybe shoot the 3 to barely clip the 9ball, banking it over to your side and drawing the cueball back about a inch trying to freeze it on the 11. Pretty rough spot though.

Greg, I like this shot a lot also.;)
Rod.

u12armresl

Verified Member
Can we set up that 3-13-2 shot like 100 times lol. Way too many variables with 3 ball combination especially since there is a slight angle.

twister said:
Here are a couple more 'power' shots I might try depending on the speed of my opponent and how well he shoots long shots. I like option #1 best as it gives me a chance to get out of the break. The stronger the player, the more likely I am to shoot a more aggressive shot to get out of the break, as biding time will often just keep putting me back in worse and worse positions.

1. 3-13-2: banks the 2 towards my pocket. It looks like it might go clean or maybe I'd get lucky and hit another ball towards/in my pocket. I'd hit it pretty hard with a little draw and float the cue ball off the long rail and try and park it on the end rail. Ideally, I'd want to leave him straight in on the 5, which would also hide the striped ball near his pocket. Another option would be to leave him more towards the middle of the end rail and use the stack to hide the striped, although I don't want to leave him much of an angle so that he could shoot at his pocket and go across the table and leave me behind the stack. This second option seems less ideal to me as it will be easier for him to remove any balls near my pocket and if I fail to get a ball near my pocket, he can just go into the right side of the stack, push more random balls towards his pocket and use the stack to hide his pocket.

2. 1-6: banks the 6 towards my pocket. Less desirable than option #1. The only way to make this work is to freeze the cue ball to the 4. However, the angle might be such that the 6 goes straight across the table and come right back into where it was, which would be bad as it would probably hit the cue ball. This option also likely leaves him a return bank or some easier way to get out of it. Now that I'm writing this, I guess you could also even draw off the 1 and go down table, but if you're trying to leave distance, I prefer option #1 above.

u12armresl

Verified Member
Can the 10 be thinned with right english to come up under the 12 (or whatever the ball is near the opponents hole.)

u12armresl

Verified Member
Some more stills for you. A few are bad from the "you decide what to do" phase, but sometimes people will come up with different ways to shoot even easy shots.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Take a guess

Take a guess

Here's a break by my opponent today. I got lucky (again) and made the 7 ball on my return shot. Whats your shot.? ;)
Rod.

Attachments

• break'em.jpg
    break'em.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
androd said:
Here's a break by my opponent today. I got lucky (again) and made the 7 ball on my return shot. Whats your shot.? ;)
Rod.
Rod, do mean that you banked the 10 into the 2-7 combo/kiss shot to pocket the 7, while drawing the CB back a little? Great shot. Took some guts. Many guys would kick the 1 ball out.

Doc

u12armresl

Verified Member
Thanks for the pic Androd, you have the majority of pics.

Others, please step up, I'm trying to do a good thing here. I need more pics, many more pics.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
gulfportdoc said:
Rod, do mean that you banked the 10 into the 2-7 combo/kiss shot to pocket the 7, while drawing the CB back a little? Great shot. Took some guts. Many guys would kick the 1 ball out.

Doc

You're right Doc, I kicked hard two rails behind the 1 ball and the CB hit the 13 ball. the 1 ball hit the 2 ball and a chain reaction occurred. :)

Rod.