Lee Van Corteza vs. S.V.B. 2011 D.C.C.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I see two possibilities here. I might bank the 11 and freeze the cb against the pink. However, I might shoot the 2 into the 9 with some velocity, hoping to clean out SVB's corner, while taking the 13 out with the cb. That might be pretty sweet if I do it well. :)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
vapros said:
I see two possibilities here. I might bank the 11 and freeze the cb against the pink. :)

I agree with vapros here, give him something to deal with.:)
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
vapros said:
I see two possibilities here. I might bank the 11 and freeze the cb against the pink.
However, I might shoot the 2 into the 9 with some velocity, hoping to clean out SVB's corner, while taking the 13 out with the cb. That might be pretty sweet if I do it well. :)
vapros im not sure you could count on getting all 3 balls out of play
9,8,13 and the 2 also
if you dont OOPS:eek: :D
i like your first choice hit pocket speed
like rod showed but if i was using the line maker i would leave the ball closer to the pocket:rolleyes: :D

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
curve.JPGI don't like the position of the eight and the nine and for that reason I would not try to get the 11 ball over and put him into the stack. On my next turn I will also be in the stack with no where to go. I would gently kick the eight over like this using a slight bend on the cue as long as I didn't have to jack up more that a very few degrees. From this position you can almost do it with a level cue.

jay helfert

Verified Member
Frank Almanza said:
View attachment 3946I don't like the position of the eight and the nine and for that reason I would not try to get the 11 ball over and put him into the stack. On my next turn I will also be in the stack with no where to go. I would gently kick the eight over like this using a slight bend on the cue as long as I didn't have to jack up more that a very few degrees. From this position you can almost do it with a level cue.

Same shot I saw. You have to play defense here or ???

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
androd said:
I agree with vapros here, give him something to deal with.:)
Rod.

Rod,
Do you think the 11 passes? Doesn't look like it to me. It's gotta hit the six or the 2, doesn't it? I was gonna kick off the end rail at the 8 before I saw Frank's shot. I like Frank's shot.

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
I like Vapros' shot ... the 11 might just barely get past the 2 ball. with some 7:00 "ingles" you can get the bank to spread if you hit it softly.

$.03 cents

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
petie said:
Rod,
Do you think the 11 passes? Doesn't look like it to me. It's gotta hit the six or the 2, doesn't it? I was gonna kick off the end rail at the 8 before I saw Frank's shot. I like Frank's shot.

I think it does. If it rubs the 2 ball that's OK.

TonyG said:
you can get the bank to spread if you hit it softly.

Just be careful and don't make it. :eek:
Rod.

bstroud

Verified Member
Now you have a good chance to remove the 8 ball by kicking off the end rail. You may not have as good a chance later. Move it now.

Bill Stroud

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
If you can bend kick the 8 ball that's imo the better of the two shots. With that shot you eliminate the 8 ball from a very threatening position that will burden the shooter if left there. If you feel uncertain about your ability to execute the shot then banking the 11 ball and freezing the cue ball on the pink is a good option that may buy you a little time.

Billy I.

Last edited:

bstroud

Verified Member
Here you see the result of a bad choice of shots. Your opponent NOW has 3 balls very near his pocket and can lock you up easily.

Had you moved the 8 ball when you had the chance you would not be in this situation.

Bill Stroud

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I agree Bill, but he didn't...Now on to Shanes shot,...If Shane can see the 9 ball, he can shoot it into the 2, make the 9 and leave it on the rail (on Lee's side) about 6'' below the side pocket..Another good option,I like even better, would be to kick one rail at the 2 ball, just barely hard enough to make it, and leave the cue ball behind the 9. BIG trouble for Lee.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
bstroud said:
Here you see the result of a bad choice of shots. Your opponent NOW has 3 balls very near his pocket and can lock you up easily.

Had you moved the 8 ball when you had the chance you would not be in this situation.

Bill Stroud
Chances are that Lee didn't have the angle to bend kick at the 8 ball so he had to look elsewhere. Lee may have even played to strike the 2 ball first and hopes to move the balls away from Shanes side, we'll never know.

Shane can kick semi softly off the side rail and back into the 7 ball. With this shot if he is able to get a ball to a rail he will really put Lee in a lot of trouble. If he's not able to get a ball to a rail Lee will still be in big trouble with a bleak future.

Billy I.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SJDinPHX said:
I agree Bill, but he didn't...Now on to Shanes shot,...If Shane can see the 9 ball, he can shoot it into the 2, make the 9 and leave it on the rail (on Lee's side) about 6'' below the side pocket..Another good option,I like even better, would be to kick one rail at the 2 ball, just barely hard enough to make it, and leave the cue ball behind the 9. BIG trouble for Lee.

Duck, at what layout are you looking ? See post # 13= 2nd pic. ;)
Rod.