Larry Nevel v Chip Compton Fight Night - One Pocket - Sept 25, 26 Highpockets Memphis

Bigtruck

Verified Member
These 2 have been trying to make a game since Vegas. Larry proposed rotation and Chip wanted nothing to do with that. Chip proposed that they play some One Pocket but only if there was a flock of geese on the line. The game didn't happen.

When Larry returned home from the Bonus Ball effort he had some success playing one pocket against one of the top regional player and a backer emerged for the Chip Compton match.

It's ON

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Thats the room I play out of Ray. What time is this supposed to start...feeling sick and will call out from work for that!

7pm start time each day.

Something exciting for the online viewers. Since I switched to Justin.TV you can now watch the match recording immediately after the segment has completed. You can pause it, rewind it, watch part now and part later. Much better.

The recording is only available until the next days password is entered so....if you have the event pass OR the final day, you can watch it all you want.

Ray

Bigtruck

Verified Member
There will be ONLY 20 promo packs available plus 30 extra shirts and posters available. They will be first come first served.

They will go on sale tonight at 10pm cst. in the store on PoolActionTV.

Ray

$60 Promo pack includes: Event shirt, Autographed event poster and event pass
$25 - Event Shirt
$19.95 - Autographed Event Poster

$25 Event Pass
$15 Day Pass

Ray

Attachments

• TshirtSample001(1).jpg
    TshirtSample001(1).jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I think you're bringing us a great match up with these two guys. This will be offensive one pocket from the start to the end, Compton is a super aggressive player who plays that style exceptionally well. Nevel is also an aggressive player, really haven't seen Nevel play a lot of one pocket but from the little I have watched he's certainly not afraid to shoot. Nevel is a type of player that you can never count in, or out. However, when he's playing his best he's terrific.

Good luck with your production.

Dr. Bill

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'll take a guess and say the the $25 entire event pass would be a better value than would the $15 per day. The reason? At 7 ahead 1P, the contest could go on for several days, since they'll presumably take a break at a specified time each day. They'll resume play each night at 7 P.M. Correct me if I'm wrong.

On the other hand, with these two gun slingers, it could be more like watching 15 ball rotation!;)

Doc

Bankin Ben

Verified Member
From
Millington TN.
Ray I went on the sight to purchase a 2x shirt. I did not see them on there. Only the poster and promo pack. Did you sell them all out already??

Bigtruck

Verified Member
I think you're bringing us a great match up with these two guys. This will be offensive one pocket from the start to the end, Compton is a super aggressive player who plays that style exceptionally well. Nevel is also an aggressive player, really haven't seen Nevel play a lot of one pocket but from the little I have watched he's certainly not afraid to shoot. Nevel is a type of player that you can never count in, or out. However, when he's playing his best he's terrific.

Good luck with your production.

Dr. Bill

Thanks Billy.

I think Nevel is gonna surprise a lot of people with his skill and patience in this one.

Ray

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Larry is up 2-0

Remember you don't have to watch live. If you get a pass you can watch the recording all you want.

Ray

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Score

Score

Ray,

Was just getting set to purchase tonight's feed and happened to think ..... what if Chip ran through him in several quick 4 minute 8 and outs early in the morning?

So ... are they still in action for 1900 this evening?

I'll check back in a couple of hours .... any one who knows the score, please advise .... I'll kick in even if it only had a rack to tussle over.

Thanks,

D

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Ray,

Was just getting set to purchase tonight's feed and happened to think ..... what if Chip ran through him in several quick 4 minute 8 and outs early in the morning?

So ... are they still in action for 1900 this evening?

I'll check back in a couple of hours .... any one who knows the score, please advise .... I'll kick in even if it only had a rack to tussle over.

Thanks,

D

Chip was up 3 at the end of day one.

ALL the games, 100%, are available to watch after the live show. Yesterday is up now. I am putting the videos up in 3 parts. Each about 3hrs long.

You will need your password to watch live and the same password for videos after the event.

Ray

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I find the JustinTV to be nearly impossible to navigate. I give up. Ustream I can deal with but not this

Okay finally got it figured out -- thank you Ray!!

The stream is very good quality, have to say that. The chat is like Ustream but the PM messaging is kooky for sure.

Anyway this match after 65 games is Compton up one game over Nevel -- wow that is close!

PS they both shoot real quick.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Currently 3-3 in the race to 7 they agreed to change to (instead of "ahead" like they started three days ago). They have a wedge game going now.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Chip won apparently -- just saw it on his Facebook page.

I found it interesting, those two guys are both very aggressive confident shooters, and also very quick to pick their shots, but after they switched from a "7 ahead" to a "race to 7" (after being dead even after three days and 64 games -- 32 to32) their games slowed down. I had to go to sleep before it ended, but they were tied three games apiece and in the middle of an extended wedge game when I just had to get some sleep myself. So even players like that can be prone to falling into the relative sanctuary of the wedge when the pressure is on in a tight big match like that.

I am hoping to go back and watch the remaining games I missed because I am curious how it transpired down the stretch.

Anyway, it further convinced me that One Pocket players and the game itself need the relief valve of getting the balls out of play to slow the game down. I believe any changes to that aspect of the game rules would have to be subtle and fall within the flow of the game, and they would also still have to allow that relative relief of getting most of the balls safely out of play.