L. Nevel vs. G. Owen 2008 D.C.C.

1pwannabe

Verified Member

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
[/

Getting the 7 over to the long rail at least here in Houston where it's sticky and wet, will require a very thin hit. Then the CB will be racing the 7 up table and the result might not be what you diagrammed here.

Coming off the right side of the 7 is what I'd do also, but I'd try for a little thicker hit and try to move the 7 back towards the top rail, say within a foot or so of the corner pocket on my side of the table and leave the CB on the side rail short of where you left it.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I'm gonna lay obj. ball on the second diamond long rail opponents side, cue ball will be one diamond lower middle of foot rail.

:confused:
how are you hitting it to do that??
if i got the picture right of your shot
7 ball goes to the left as we see the screen to the middle diamond and the cue ball more or less stays there on the foot rail????
i think you are too straight to hi karate the cue ball to get it to hug the foot rail
icbw

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Lag roll, I'm not the best at explaining on the keyboard. cue ball will roll one diamond up table off the bottom rail after hitting the l/s of obj. ball, and obj ball will roll up table 2 diamonds on the long rail.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Lag roll, I'm not the best at explaining on the keyboard. cue ball will roll one diamond up table off the bottom rail after hitting the l/s of obj. ball, and obj ball will roll up table 2 diamonds on the long rail.
thanks for the explanation

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I'm gonna lay obj. ball on the second diamond long rail opponents side, cue ball will be one diamond lower middle of foot rail.

Bill, you've got it pretty much covered. It is very similar to the opening break when playing One Ball One Pocket where the object ball is frozen to the foot rail on the center diamond and the breaker must play a safety. The idea is to leave the object ball close to his opponent's side pocket. The cue ball runs to the opposite side rail.

Tom

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
this looks good with the mouse...:D
View attachment 14205

That's not the shot Larry, bank the object ball to the side pocket shooters side. The cue ball will naturally slide off the left side of object ball and head toward the side rail near center diamond.

This is also the shot I would shoot, easy to hit yielding more consistent results.

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
That's not the shot Larry, bank the object ball to the side pocket shooters side. The cue ball will naturally slide off the left side of object ball and head toward the side rail near center diamond.

This is also the shot I would shoot, easy to hit yielding more consistent results.

Dr. Bill
thanks Dr. Bill
i am trying to be more aggressive at the table
guess i need to understand better when to hold back

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
:confused:
how are you hitting it to do that??
if i got the picture right of your shot
7 ball goes to the left as we see the screen to the middle diamond and the cue ball more or less stays there on the foot rail????
i think you are too straight to hi karate the cue ball to get it to hug the foot rail
icbw

Two-rail 'em both. That's how Gabe often shoots this when it sits right...

baby huey

Verified Member
This shot is a lot like a typical nine ball safety. Bank the object ball to midtable right where the cueball is and leave the cueball on the side rail. HOPEFULLY he has a back cut bank where he can't control the cueball and you might get a cross side bank out of this defensive shot.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I think this match was the worst one I ever saw Gabe play, but he got good roll after good roll. It looked like he was tryin' to dog it off, but he's always been known as tough under pressure, in money matches. Maybe the prospect of winning the DCC 1P put a kind of pressure on him he'd never felt before.

Hope I'm not being too critical; I like him and like his game; this match was an anomaly.

beatle

Verified Member
he hit it too hard leave it as billy said near the side pocket. hard to sell out.