Kim Bennett vs. Cliff Joyner 2007 D.C.C.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
This is game one and they've both shot multiple times already. Cliff is playing the Detroit legend Kim Bennett and it's Cliff's shot. What would you do from here?

Cliff's Shot.jpg

CapturedPicture_3.Jpeg

CapturedPicture_5.Jpeg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
if cliff didnt bank the 7
id shoot the solid to my side
and freeze the cue to the one or let the cue go aliitle foward above the one
cc1.jpg

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I like Larry's shot...except hey Larry...you wouldn't want to stop the cueball there - you'd want to send the cueball along your red-line track and leave it frozen down there on the long rail - he's in a tough spot from there...he'll have to thin the 11ball next, and then you'll probably keep putting him back on the long rail, or you might have the opportunity to do something worse to him...

And I also like Frank's more aggressive twice-cross-corner bank...they're both good choices...knowing Cliff's game as well as I do - he probably shot Frank's shot.

- Ghost

PS, And hey Dennis...I drew Kim in about the 5th round of the DCC One Pocket about 9 years ago - I beat him, and he and Alice Kim, who was with him, were pretty attitudish afterwards...:eek:

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
My first choice double bank the 7. Second choice 2 rail the 3 ball and follow the cueball down to wear the chalk is on the 2nd diamond on the side rail

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
This is a good option to get started on a good run.View attachment 5293

I really like your shot for several reasons, your close enough to the 7 ball to hit it accurately and with the right speed. Secondly, if you make it your going to have the opportunity to get a lot of balls, and possibly run out. This shot is the type of situation you wait for, no second guessing here.

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
- Ghost

PS, And hey Dennis...I drew Kim in about the 5th round of the DCC One Pocket about 9 years ago - I beat him, and he and Alice Kim, who was with him, were pretty attitudish afterwards...:eek:

It's Alice Rim and Kim was always sweet when you beat him:p. One of the if not the biggest crybabies in Detroit and there are a lot of them here.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Are you always so cheerful Dennis?

I don't sugarcoat anything for anyone. I owe nothing to anybody here or anywhere. I've played every son-of-a-bitch that had the balls to gamble with me and would make a close game, which usually meant that I had 52-48 the worst of it, and I bet my own and tried to bet as high as I could.

Yes, I'm usually that cheerful:D.

Dennis

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I don't sugarcoat anything for anyone. I owe nothing to anybody here or anywhere. I've played every son-of-a-bitch that had the balls to gamble with me and would make a close game, which usually meant that I had 52-48 the worst of it, and I bet my own and tried to bet as high as I could.

Yes, I'm usually that cheerful:D.

Dennis
LMFAO i thought you said you werent going to sugarcoat it. You must have been one helluva player

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
LMFAO i thought you said you werent going to sugarcoat it. You must have been one helluva player

OPH,

No, I've never been a helluva player & never claimed otherwise, ever. I am and always was a 40 hour per week working man who played on my days off. I had no talent for the game whatsoever except that gambling doesn't bother me at all. The higher the better as long as I could afford it.

Dennis

onepockethacker

Verified Member
OPH,

No, I've never been a helluva player & never claimed otherwise, ever. I am and always was a 40 hour per week working man who played on my days off. I had no talent for the game whatsoever except that gambling doesn't bother me at all. The higher the better as long as I could afford it.

Dennis

Do you still play?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Where do you play out of? Is there alot of action in your area?

When I do play I just go to a general public poolroom in Livonia,Mich. called Snookers. As far as I'm concerned there's never been a lot of action in this area (25 years). I'm really not up on the latest goings on in the local rooms though, I probably wouldn't know half the guys in them if I walked in, which I won't.

Dennis

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
It's Alice Rim and Kim was always sweet when you beat him:p. One of the if not the biggest crybabies in Detroit and there are a lot of them here.
Dennis

Yeah Dennis, what's up with that? - you and Lomako are solid guys...

I had a thing with another Detroit guy too, also about 7-10 years ago at the DCC...

I don't remember his name, but he was a short, medium-build, hair-thinning guy in his 50's, and he had some of the Detroit contingent (about 4 guys) sweating the match...

Now I'm always a gentleman competitor - unless the other guy's an assh.le...that said...I first get to the table for the match and he's already there, so I walk up and introduce myself and he basically ignores me and says nothing..:eek:...so I say to myself re. him - ok motherf....r, I always play hard - but since you're a creep, I'm going to play triple hard...

I beat him 3-0, and I made sure to give him a little stare after each game that I won..:cool:...he didn't play all that good - probably 10-8 under me...any idea who that might have been?

- Specter

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Yeah Dennis, what's up with that? - you and Lomako are solid guys...

I had a thing with another Detroit guy too, also about 7-10 years ago at the DCC...

I don't remember his name, but he was a short, medium-build, hair-thinning guy in his 50's, and he had some of the Detroit contingent (about 4 guys) sweating the match...

Now I'm always a gentleman competitor - unless the other guy's an assh.le...that said...I first get to the table for the match and he's already there, so I walk up and introduce myself and he basically ignores me and says nothing..:eek:...so I say to myself re. him - ok motherf....r, I always play hard - but since you're a creep, I'm going to play triple hard...

I beat him 3-0, and I made sure to give him a little stare after each game that I won..:cool:...he didn't play all that good - probably 10-8 under me...any idea who that might have been?

- Specter

Ghosty,

I don't know why there are so many crybabies & nits here but there are. I wouldn't have any idea who you've described without more info. That description fits many that I've played and known. Was he black, white, arab or mexican?

Dennis

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ghosty,

I don't know why there are so many crybabies & nits here but there are. I wouldn't have any idea who you've described without more info. That description fits many that I've played and known. Was he black, white, arab or mexican?
Dennis

White guy, dark brown thinning hair, I think I remember a mustache.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
White guy, dark brown thinning hair, I think I remember a mustache.

I wish I knew Ghosty but the Detroit area encompasses many rooms and I just haven't been in them for so long that I can't remember too many guys:sorry.

P.S. If you ever remembered his name I would tell you what I knew of him.

Dennis

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I wish I knew Ghosty but the Detroit area encompasses many rooms and I just haven't been in them for so long that I can't remember too many guys:sorry.

P.S. If you ever remembered his name I would tell you what I knew of him.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis - doesn't matter anyway.