Jump bank?

#Cruncher

Verified Member
An odd situation came up the other day playing some bumps. I played a 2 way bank shot, missed, and my opponent comes to the table and proceed to dig out his jump cue for a bank shot.

1) Are jump cues allowed in bank pool?

2) Have you ever seen anyone or you yourself played a jump bank playing bank pool?

Personally, I don't have the proper skills to make a jump bank attempt the right shot...ever :)

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
An odd situation came up the other day playing some bumps. I played a 2 way bank shot, missed, and my opponent comes to the table and proceed to dig out his jump cue for a bank shot.

1) Are jump cues allowed in bank pool?

2) Have you ever seen anyone or you yourself played a jump bank playing bank pool?

Personally, I don't have the proper skills to make a jump bank attempt the right shot...ever :)

My thinking is that if you jumped a bank in at Derby, it would be a good bank, but it could not be done with a jump cue.

There is also that trick shot where you elevate, driving a ball into the cushion with force and it then jumps over an impeding ball and into (usually) the side pocket. That would be a legal bank.

I have played such a shot in both bank pool and one pocket where only a fraction of the impeding ball has to be jumped, always with my playing cue. Both disciplines stress CB control, so it is not a really wise shot.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
At the Derby, I've never heard of it coming up, nor is the subject addressed in their online rules. My guess is that jump banks would be prohibited. However, if they were allowed, they'd have to be shot with the shooter's regular cue stick, since jump cues are not allowed.

Perhaps Brumback will chime in here...

~Doc

John Brumback

Verified Member
At the Derby, I've never heard of it coming up, nor is the subject addressed in their online rules. My guess is that jump banks would be prohibited. However, if they were allowed, they'd have to be shot with the shooter's regular cue stick, since jump cues are not allowed.

Perhaps Brumback will chime in here...

~Doc

Doc...I don't need to with you around:lol Jk buddy

No jump cues at the dcc. But I would say I jump a few every year at the dcc with my playing cue..being it the oball, cball,or both at the same time on some shots.

If I was gambling and the guy wanted to pull out his jump cue...I would not say no.....as long as I had my handy:D

Good question by the way!! John B.

#Cruncher

Verified Member
Thanks for the replies. Since I don't jump worth a #(&$, next time I play, I'll simply say beforehand "DCC rules".