Josh Roberts vs Mike Davis WWYD

baby huey

Verified Member
Dr. Bill you know my game by now, we only played 12 or so hours. All the shots mentioned are good ones. Banking the ten ball also works well if hit well. For me therein lies the problem. What if you make the ten ball? Then what? What if you hit it such that you leave a cross corner to your opponents hole? Then what? Jeff and you are aggressive players and I love to watch you both play because you have talents that I don't have and will never have. So suffice it to say, I'm thinning the ten ball and you guys are going to make the ten ball bank and play on from there.

Island Drive

Verified Member
How about banking the 1 ball cross side into the backside of the 3 and sending the cue ball up table and two balls to your side? Aim the shot so the 1 ball just misses the 8, it gives the shooter a definite target, and you'd not disturb the two tied up balls.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
If the 3 can't be made as it lays, then there's no reason to move it in this inning, because it allows for leaving the CB uptable.

Whether it can be made or not-- if it's removed it leaves a more available 14-9 combo than already exists. If the 14 is kissed away by the kicked 3 ball, then that's even worse...:eek:

~Doc

wincardona

Verified Member
I'd have to have a good close look at it at the table, but the speed seems right and the angle seems doable for banking the 10 ball one rail at the 6/7 balls and sending the CB to each long rail then settle it on the head rail near the middle of the rail. This could turn out very well... Opening up 3 balls to my hole and applying some pressure and distance.

I only saw this shot because Dr. Bill suggested putting the 10 near my pocket and placing the CB up table. I didn't think it possible to follow that far and keep the 10 near my pocket, so I immediately looked for a way to accomplish that and banking the 10 at the 6/7 looked very doable. I believe I would shoot it if I thought I could control the CB to the spot I wanted. Thanks Bill...
Good eye Jeff, your shot is very doable and a shot that I would strongly consider shooting. I like that you clarified how you would play the cue ball which is the only way this option can be played. You must (as you know) slightly over cut the 10ball to get the action off the first rail that you need, this shot is 80% cue ball 20% accuracy. As long as you bank the 10ball to the left side of the stack..preferably into the 6ball your shot will work out fine to great. The speed of the shot is perfect for what you need to do, by over cutting the 10ball your cue ball will pick up speed and the 10ball will have the speed to comfortably control the action from the shot. I like it a lot.:D

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
Dr. Bill you know my game by now, we only played 12 or so hours. All the shots mentioned are good ones. Banking the ten ball also works well if hit well. For me therein lies the problem. What if you make the ten ball? Then what? What if you hit it such that you leave a cross corner to your opponents hole? Then what? Jeff and you are aggressive players and I love to watch you both play because you have talents that I don't have and will never have. So suffice it to say, I'm thinning the ten ball and you guys are going to make the ten ball bank and play on from there.
Jerry you're selling yourself short again, you most certainly have the ball striking ability to execute this bank like it needs to be executed. The cue ball is close enough to the 10ball for you to judge the speed of the shot (pocket speed) and hold your cue ball for a bank on the 1ball if you pocket the 10ball. It's a very viable and simple shot and there's no giving up a return cross corner if you miss it..imo.

I like the shot in this situation and I also like Jeff's shot with banking the 10ball into the 6ball and controlling the cue ball to the top center rail.

Dr. Bill