John vs. Steve 2 wwyd?

lll

Verified Member
i like nicks better if i didnt think the 9 would be pushed to a bad place
ghost john 2 wwyd.png

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Bank the 5 to my side and put the cue ball on his long rail where not much is available.
That's the shot I like, especially if I can hit it well enough to kick the CB off his side rail to freeze on the 10. But even leaving it on the rail, 10-high is a pretty good shot.

My first inclination was to go thin off the 4 with left spin, rolling the CB off the rail onto the 10. But coming that thin off the 4 with left from that angle would almost require some swerve, which makes the shot that much harder to hit accurately.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
The reason I don't like going off the 5 and playing cb behind the 10 is if you don't get close to the 10 you leave a free bank on the 4 since you didn't move the 2.. so he can send cb up table behind your cluster and move multiple balls to his hole

Island Drive

Verified Member
2/15 combo....Bank the 15 (slight over cut using the two ball) draw cue ball ''straight back'' too the foot rail and back out....parking whitey between those two striped balls at the base of the rack. Pretty easy ''Straight Back'' draw shot, you might even make the 15 ball. I like both cue ball and obj ball speeds on this shot, they are about the same.

baby huey

Verified Member
Lots of safety shots here. Find a place to protect the six ball where you don't sell out that stripped ball by your opponents pocket. It's a matter of selecting a shot where you feel comfortable executing. I'd drag the cueball off the five and get the cueball on my opponents side rail blocking any shot at the six ball.

J.R.

Verified Member
Chris, how much spin do you think you can get on the CB jacked up like that? I'd worry about a mishit if I got far out enough to really spin it.
I also would also play off the 6-ball but because I am jacked up somewhat over the 2-ball, I believe it will be too demanding to get the side spin on the cue ball which is required for two rail position to perch the cue ball by the 10-ball and 1-ball. Therefore, I would bounce off the 6-ball and land the cue ball as close behind the 11-ball and 12-ball as possible. It seems to be the simplest of shots to execute because your using a soft stroke and traveling the shortest distance without leaving your opponent without any shot at this pocket while positioning the 6-ball in a threatening position.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
OP...........John's shot --- his pocket is at the top left Top Left guys, your military left. Put both hands in front of you and try to remember which one is lefty. lol I 'm glad it isn't just me that gets screwed up! Wait. Maybe it is me thats screwed up, jeesh I'm going batty being stuck in this house

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
two rail the 2 to your pocket off the 15 which goes three rails to your pocket. force the cue ball forward. make one and keep shooting.
2/15 combo....Bank the 15 (slight over cut using the two ball) draw cue ball ''straight back'' too the foot rail and back out....parking whitey between those two striped balls at the base of the rack. Pretty easy ''Straight Back'' draw shot, you might even make the 15 ball. I like both cue ball and obj ball speeds on this shot, they are about the same.
🤡 ------>

Last edited:

catkins

Verified Member
Chris, how much spin do you think you can get on the CB jacked up like that? I'd worry about a mishit if I got far out enough to really spin it.
honesty your gonna have to do slight masse since your jacked up so I would not worry about getting enough spin would worry way more about hitting enough of the 6 with a gentle masse stroke. could definitely see either getting to much masse and barley hitting 6 and losing or double kissing it if you miss hit

Tobermory

Verified Member
which is why I'd barely put any side spin on it, just enough to give it direction towards the long rail

honesty your gonna have to do slight masse since your jacked up so I would not worry about getting enough spin would worry way more about hitting enough of the 6 with a gentle masse stroke. could definitely see either getting to much masse and barley hitting 6 and losing or double kissing it if you miss hit

wincardona

Verified Member
I like Cincy's shot post#20. The 2ball is positioned to favor your opponent move it if possible, why not now? Playing the cue ball to the side rail and dropping to the headrail doubling your opponent up with the 5ball is an excellent shot. In the event, you don't nail it you'll be fine providing the cue ball is positioned close to the headrail.

Dr. Bill

beatle

Verified Member
no bill not kidding you. i post often shots that are on the aggressive side as most play way to conservatively.
they are not always the best shot for all or even for any. but shots that need to be looked at and studied before you pass on them. as they are the game changer shots that get passed on.
this one just happened to be about the only real aggressive shot here. and i still after all these years see few average players hit three cushion combo type shots that send two balls towards their hole, and take a conservative shot instead that prolongs their agony.

unoperro

Verified Member
I looked at the 2 off the 15 and 2 rails to my pocket.
The 2 may get close but I am sure the 15 isnt go to be in my favor🙄

I dont know why some believe that since you have to jack up to shoot the six you have to masse?
You can elevate and still shoot draw,stun,follow.
A half ball hit with a little follow picks up a little collision induced right english helping to assure the 6 is protected.

wgcp

Verified Member
I am banking the 5 to my side and putting the cue on the second diamond by the 10 ball...easy to execute...