John vs. Rich 2 - wwyd?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
He hit the shot about as good as good be, without making the 13. But now the return shot is rolling the CB off the right side of the 10 (about half ball) into the long rail behind the 13. John is now in deep doo-doo...:cautious:

OldSchool

Verified Member
He hit the shot about as good as good be, without making the 13. But now the return shot is rolling the CB off the right side of the 10 (about half ball) into the long rail behind the 13. John is now in deep doo-doo...:cautious:
Unless of course, Rich, (who evidently must not play all that good since John spots him 2 balls) doesn't hit it so good and sells out or scratches, since after all, he's shooting from 7' away and froze on the rail.

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
That's why G is playing em :). So Ghost, what would your choice of been?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Huh?-what?...if John made the 13, he wunt be in no damn trap...

🧐 >>>

He could bank the 9 to the middle of the table and drop his cueball down to the foot rail...or he could play the 11-5 combination...or he could come softly off of the left side of the 8.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member

🧐 >>>

He could bank the 9 to the middle of the table and drop his cueball down to the foot rail...or he could play the 11-5 combination...or he could come softly off of the left side of the 8.
Exactly, and if you are a good ball striker you can cross the 4ball toward your pocket sending the cue ball into the 11ball. I set this shot up and whenever I hit this shot well the results were great. For a top player this option is viable.

Dr. Bill

OneRock

Verified Member
Exactly, and if you are a good ball striker you can cross the 4ball toward your pocket sending the cue ball into the 11ball. I set this shot up and whenever I hit this shot well the results were great. For a top player this option is viable.

Dr. Bill
The 4-ball cross was my first choice, but then I felt the 3-ball was a bit too close and I might run into it. But if it's available, it would be a great option for sure.

OneRock

Verified Member
Well, John chose the shot-option that Chris first picked, and that several other people (including myself) also liked here = the 15-13 combination....John hit it pretty well, and he played a perfect cueball, leaving it froze on the rail as Chris & Larry also wanted to do.....here's how it ended up ----->

View attachment 431730
Good shot, but not a great choice. I'm going to come off the 13 and stick him in the pack.

jtompilot

Verified Member

🧐 >>>

Wouldn't all those shots be easier from the original position, not frozen to the head rail? I know all you straight shooters love distance and being frozen to a rail🤪

cincy_kid

Verified Member

🧐 >>>

I also dont mind shooting the 11 almost straight on but cut a little to the left allowing the CB to carom off into the 6 pushing it towards my pocket, CB then comes to bottom rail and I get out if I make the 6 or combo in the 13...

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
If John made the 13 wouldn’t he still be in a trap?

🧐 >>>

Yeah you're right - I don't know what I was thinking 🥴 - senior moment I guess 😟
No problemo Jimbo :) glad to see you come to your senses, and, be willing to man-up to your thinking error (y)

GHOST EDITOR 2.jpg

jay helfert

Verified Member
John's shot --- his pocket is at the top right --- the score is 2-2, both going to 8, John giving Rich 10-8 --- John's got a lotta good choices here --- wwyd? >>>

View attachment 431702View attachment 431703
I like shooting a medium soft cut from the eleven into the edge of the five, moving the five toward your hole and laying the cue ball on the end rail behind the three. It can be done with the right stroke. You have a natural angle to send the cue ball to the side rail and then to the end rail. It's all about speed control.