John vs. Rich 2 - wwyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
John's shot --- his pocket is at the top right --- the score is 2-2, both going to 8, John giving Rich 10-8 --- John's got a lotta good choices here --- wwyd? >>>

009.JPG008.JPG

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
Bank the 8 (edit: 4-ball) - CB into the left half of the 3 ball to take the travel off it.
OR - CB into the left side (rail/3) to send CB straight up into the 11 and/or 5.

-What am I missing about your setup, Ghost?
Score is 2-2 both going to 8 but John giving rich 10-8?

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
the 4 was the first thing that jumped out but I think I may just cut the 15 down the rail into the 13 with some low RHE, not hitting it too hard to try to leave him almost straight in on the 4. He cant shoot the 9 due to side pocket so the 4 is all i have to worry about and I may make the combo or get it close. I also like being close to my work..

Last edited:

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
Bank the 8 - CB into the left half of the 3 ball to take the travel off it.
OR - CB into the left side (rail/3) to send CB straight up into the 11 and/or 5.

-What am I missing about your setup, Ghost?
Score is 2-2 both going to 8 but John giving rich 10-8?
John has spotted two balls so is now going to 8. Put it differently, he made 4 balls and spotted two; hence, the score. At least, that's the way I understand it

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
play the 11-14 carom and float the CB to the bottom rail. The 11 goes two rails back out and the 14 goes to your pocket. If you happen to make it, the 3 is waiting there for you. I don't think the 5 gets engaged but a downtable picture would be nice

cincy_kid

Verified Member
play the 11-14 carom and float the CB to the bottom rail. The 11 goes two rails back out and the 14 goes to your pocket. If you happen to make it, the 3 is waiting there for you. I don't think the 5 gets engaged but a downtable picture would be nice
where does the 5 end up?

Tobermory

Verified Member
I don’t like any of the possible safety shots coming off the 9, 4 or 11. They all seem hard to manage and likely to leave some kind of return bank shot. So, I’m going to shoot at the 15-13 combo, to make the 13 or leave it close to my pocket, and draw the cue ball as close to the pocket as I can. If he wants to shoot at the 4, he’ll have my blessings.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I don’t like any of the possible safety shots coming off the 9, 4 or 11. They all seem hard to manage and likely to leave some kind of return bank shot. So, I’m going to shoot at the 15-13 combo, to make the 13 or leave it close to my pocket, and draw the cue ball as close to the pocket as I can. If he wants to shoot at the 4, he’ll have my blessings.
Sounds familiar :)

Although I thought it was the 8, changing my post to the 4..your eyes are better than mine apparently hehe...good shot ~

cincy_kid

Verified Member
another good defensive shot is to shoot the 11 and stick the CB right there in the catcher's mitt / stack while the 11 banks into the 4 and/or 9 and knocks a couple your way.

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
where does the 5 end up?
I think it stays right there. The CB goes off the 11 and then slides off the 14 to the bottom rail missing the 5 altogether. Difficult to say definitively but that's the way I see it

vapros

Verified Member
My shot here won't surprise anybody - it's me and Jojo again. I will hit the 9 ball an eyelash right of center and bank it to my side, Jojo going to the long rail and then to the short rail next to the 3. Looks to me like the 9 will go 3 rails without hitting anything - I will live with that. I would really like to bank it into the stack, but without an overhead look I will pass up that shot. There could be a kiss on the 9 or a billiard onto the 4 ball that might cause a scratch.

I don't see this as a golden opportunity, but rather a percentage play from a tough leave. I imagine the 11 - 14 billiard will be the consensus choice among the members, with the 15 - 13 combo, pocket speed, second choice. 'Nother good WWYD here,

cincy_kid

Verified Member
My shot here won't surprise anybody - it's me and Jojo again. I will hit the 9 ball an eyelash right of center and bank it to my side, Jojo going to the long rail and then to the short rail next to the 3. Looks to me like the 9 will go 3 rails without hitting anything - I will live with that. I would really like to bank it into the stack, but without an overhead look I will pass up that shot. There could be a kiss on the 9 or a billiard onto the 4 ball that might cause a scratch.

I don't see this as a golden opportunity, but rather a percentage play from a tough leave. I imagine the 11 - 14 billiard will be the consensus choice among the members, with the 15 - 13 combo, pocket speed, second choice. 'Nother good WWYD here,
I love the 11/14 carom but it appears the 5 is frozen to the 14 yes? If it is, when you hit the 14, the 5bis going to go his way and may cause trouble if you dont make the carom. If it's not froze to the 14 or wont have much action acfter the shot, I think this is the best choice with natural shape.

On your 9 ball shot, you may even be able to bank it short into the stack and send the CB to his long rail and nestle to the 3 as you suggested.

Good shots in any case...

Island Drive

Verified Member
John's shot --- his pocket is at the top right --- the score is 2-2, both going to 8, John giving Rich 10-8 --- John's got a lotta good choices here --- wwyd? >>>

View attachment 431702View attachment 431703
I'm playing the combo, trying to pocket the 13 a with a 9:30 o'clock cue ball. Put whitey between the 4/9 and park it on the other long rail, two diamonds from the bottom rail. I'll aim at the 15, to hit the long rail just past the side pocket hitting rail first.

androd

Verified Member
A little backhand English on the 15ball, try to put the 15and13ball in play. CB behind the 4ball.
Oops the tall guy already posted the same shot, Great minds run deep. ;) Happy B'Day Dude.

Kybanks

Verified Member
I'm passing through the 4 ball and leaving the cb on the end rail about a half of diamond from his pocket. The balls favor me and everything else looks to risky.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
I am cutting the 1 to my hole, the cb will spit between the two stripe ball and float to the foot rail and get on the 3. Whitey

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I'm passing through the 4 ball and leaving the cb on the end rail about a half of diamond from his pocket. The balls favor me and everything else looks to risky.
Which side of the pocket does the 4 hit? I can't envision this at the moment