John vs. Billy & Artie Part 2 - Shoot At My Hole Here?....No Way!

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
Dennis, I must give you credit. That was exactly how much we bet ($25) and I know he went 2 games over (4 barrels) his usual limit (2 barrels). That was what he was howling about, going the extra 2 barrels.

Beard

Freddy,

I beat him 6 games once and I thought he was going to go outside and shoot himself in the head.

Dennis

lfigueroa

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
I'm not going to repeat the quote again (a fool...etc.,) but I want to correct you on the Billy quote. I put that quote in one of my books years ago. The player he was referring to that had put him in a "hot oven" was Ronnie Allen not Efren, and Billy was receiving the same game from Hopkins and Ronnie.

Beard

No, your partially wrong, and with due consideration for your advancing age and deteriorating mental powers, I will remind you that this has been hashed out before and Billy admitted to changing the story to Efren the second time around.

So save your quotes ;-)

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Before I start spilling the good beans, I am committed to waiting until I can preach to an audience that is open-minded and serious about learning something new, not just expose myself to inspection, criticism and second guessing. I have had enough of that. I am comfortable enough in my knowledge whereby I dont first need it to be validated. Get your entitlements from this Democratic administration. Your weak jibe about AZ, is what belongs on AZ.

Beard
I already have an ex-wife that uses up all my entitlement stash.

Save the beans, too. They're not as good as you may think they are :)

Lou Figueroa
pretty comfortable

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
Vaguely remember...

Vaguely remember...

lfigueroa said:
No, your partially wrong, and with due consideration for your advancing age and deteriorating mental powers, I will remind you that this has been hashed out before and Billy admitted to changing the story to Efren the second time around.

So save your quotes ;-)

Lou Figueroa
I vaguely remember this coming up before. Was it you and I who previously debated this? I was only defending the correct story that I put in my book. That being said, since you were already aware of the real story that included Ronnie not Efren, why would you then again say it was Efren he was talking about?
Was that just an attempt to re-rev me? Or could it be that even after Billy admitted that he changed his story later to include Efren, for literary effect, that my previous observational quote is again applicable, "A fool convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."?

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
Beans taste good in China

Beans taste good in China

Originally Posted by fred bentivegna
Before I start spilling the good beans, I am committed to waiting until I can preach to an audience that is open-minded and serious about learning something new, not just expose myself to inspection, criticism and second guessing. I have had enough of that. I am comfortable enough in my knowledge whereby I dont first need it to be validated. Get your entitlements from this Democratic administration. Your weak jibe about AZ, is what belongs on AZ.
Beard
I already have an ex-wife that uses up all my entitlement stash.

lfigueroa said:
Save the beans, too. They're not as good as you may think they are :)

Lou Figueroa
pretty comfortable
The Chinese think my beans taste pretty good. I sold 5000 copies of Banking With The Beard in Beijing China. Any other pool instruction guys publishing in China yet? Or do they all have to be certified in a survey on AZ first?

Attachments

lfigueroa

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
I vaguely remember this coming up before. Was it you and I who previously debated this? I was only defending the correct story that I put in my book. That being said, since you were already aware of the real story that included Ronnie not Efren, why would you then again say it was Efren he was talking about?
Was that just an attempt to re-rev me? Or could it be that even after Billy admitted that he changed his story later to include Efren, for literary effect, that my previous observational quote is again applicable, "A fool convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."?

Beard

You used the version in your book. I used the version I actually saw (Billy's instructional tape).

And no, in spite of all the conspiracy theories you've managed to concoct, I wouldn't go out of my way to re-steam you.

Lou Figueroa
a little paranoid
are we :-o

lfigueroa

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:

The Chinese think my beans taste pretty good. I sold 5000 copies of Banking With The Beard in Beijing China. Any other pool instruction guys publishing in China yet? Or do they all have to be certified in a survey on AZ first?

oh gee.

Let me think.

wow. That's a tough one.

hmmm.... Robert Byrne.

From the BCA HOF: "ROBERT BYRNE, elected to the Hall of Fame in the Meritorious Service category, is the most prolific billiard writer in history. More than 350,000 copies of Byrne's Standard Book of Pool and Billiards have been sold since publication in 1978. Next came Byrne's Treasury of Trick Shots, (1982), which not only contained more shots than all previous works on the subject combined, but traced their origins. Two more instructional books followed in 1990 and 1996, Byrne's Advanced Technique, and Byrne's Wonderful World. He wrote the first biography of a billiard player, McGoorty¸ in 1972, and compiled the first anthology of billiard fiction, Byrne's Book of Great Pool Stories, in 1995. His billiard works, which have been translated into Spanish, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese and his six instructional videotapes make him the best-known instructor in the world. An accomplished three-cushion player, he won both the National Senior and the National Athletic Club titles in 1999. Byrne is a civil engineer by training and has authored 21 books, including seven novels, one of which, Thrill, became NBC's Monday Night Movie in May 1996."

If irt makes you feel any better, I understand, "The Complete Idiot's Guide..." series (to include the pool & billiards edition by Ewa Mataya Laurance), also sells well in a variety of languages :)

Have a nice day.

Lou Figueroa

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Beard, I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your Chinese publication. But could you sharpen up the quality of the bottom black and white copy? I'm having trouble reading the text.

Doc

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
Kidding, right?

Kidding, right?

gulfportdoc said:
Beard, I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your Chinese publication. But could you sharpen up the quality of the bottom black and white copy? I'm having trouble reading the text.

Doc
The text is in Chinese, the copy is a little faded, so you are resorting to japery, right? (I will be wearing out that word for awhile)

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
The Byrne man

The Byrne man

lfigueroa said:
oh gee.

Let me think.

wow. That's a tough one.

hmmm.... Robert Byrne.

From the BCA HOF: "ROBERT BYRNE, elected to the Hall of Fame in the Meritorious Service category, is the most prolific billiard writer in history. More than 350,000 copies of Byrne's Standard Book of Pool and Billiards have been sold since publication in 1978. Next came Byrne's Treasury of Trick Shots, (1982), which not only contained more shots than all previous works on the subject combined, but traced their origins. Two more instructional books followed in 1990 and 1996, Byrne's Advanced Technique, and Byrne's Wonderful World. He wrote the first biography of a billiard player, McGoorty¸ in 1972, and compiled the first anthology of billiard fiction, Byrne's Book of Great Pool Stories, in 1995. His billiard works, which have been translated into Spanish, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese and his six instructional videotapes make him the best-known instructor in the world. An accomplished three-cushion player, he won both the National Senior and the National Athletic Club titles in 1999. Byrne is a civil engineer by training and has authored 21 books, including seven novels, one of which, Thrill, became NBC's Monday Night Movie in May 1996."

If irt makes you feel any better, I understand, "The Complete Idiot's Guide..." series (to include the pool & billiards edition by Ewa Mataya Laurance), also sells well in a variety of languages :)

Have a nice day.

Lou Figueroa
Dont try to cause a beef between me and Robt Byrne. We get along just fine. We only ever differed on one point. However, if somebody put a gun to your head, and you had to make a life or death decision about who could most likely "show you the way" in pool, whose book would you choose, mine or Ewa's? (You cant get me in trouble with Ewa either, she loves me, and unlike you, she would have no problem deferring to my larger pool brain.)

Beard

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I think you'all might want to mosey over to the members only section and take a look at my latest contribution to the "Picture worth 1000 words" thread....I think you might like it....;)

- Ghost

lll

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
I think you'all might want to mosey over to the members only section and take a look at my latest contribution to the "Picture worth 1000 words" thread....I think you might like it....;)

- Ghost
id recommend a look. it shows ghost making a great move by playing the correct shot.:D :rolleyes:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
The text is in Chinese, the copy is a little faded, so you are resorting to japery, right? (I will be wearing out that word for awhile)
You're quite right, Beard. But I prefer "jocosity".;)

Doc

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost
Yeah, theres some perv in Detroit that liked it...it drove me to the barf bag.

Also, who's always whining about "hi-jacking" ? (oh, I guess self-hijacking is OK...being as the few posts this thread garnered, were so
f-ing boring..:rolleyes:)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:

Also, who's always whining about "hi-jacking" ? (oh, I guess self-hijacking is OK...being as the few posts this thread garnered, were so

Feeing pretty grouchy and nasty this morning, eh?....hangover?....maybe you should go have a couple of morning Yukon Jack/Mimosas or Yukon Jack/Bloody Marys, mellow out a little, and then come back....:rolleyes:

- Jasper

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Feeing pretty grouchy and nasty this morning, eh?....hangover?....maybe you should go have a couple of morning Yukon Jack/Mimosas or Yukon Jack/Bloody Marys, mellow out a little, and then come back....:rolleyes:

- Jasper
I WAS mellowing out until until I ran across these pic's, of you and RBL's ideal woman...please control yourselves, when you see the next to last picture..:eek:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy_ChjLfT28&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/ame]

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
SJDinPHX said:
SBL,

I happen to be a student of the game and I appreciate the Ghost's fine position play on that shot in that tough situation.

And I'm also going to church on sunday to give thanks that you still do not know how to post pics. The world's a better place without your pics being shown to sensitive, unsuspecting eyes. Especially "stick-girl".

RBL

lll

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:

the fact that you have a stash of pics like this makes me wonder if you really like it :D :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes

SJDinPHX

Suspended
No Way, Jose !!

No Way, Jose !!

lll said:
the fact that you have a stash of pics like this makes me wonder if you really like it :D :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes
No lll, my only "stash" is pictures of Jennifer. Whenever I want pic's of RBL and Ghost's "lovelies"...I just go on You Tube, and type in "Fat ugly broads", and 'bwala'....they appear by magic....here, I'll show you some more of their favorites;

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h76OxJ8x-6w&NR=1[/ame]

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
SBL,

I happen to be a student of the game and I appreciate the Ghost's fine position play on that shot in that tough situation.

And I'm also going to church on sunday to give thanks that you still do not know how to post pics. The world's a better place without your pics being shown to sensitive, unsuspecting eyes. Especially "stick-girl".

RBL
in way dennis ithink you are correct . it is best sjd cant post his pics directly. this way you and ghost get time to get your arousal level up as you wait in an excited state at what lovelies san man has in store for you.sort of like foreplay for you guys:D :eek: :rolleyes: