John vs. Barry 9 - wwyd?

wincardona

Verified Member
Bank the two ball off the bottom of the nine ball and stick the cueball right there.
Now you are talking, if the 2ball is not sitting too low and the angle is natural or even close to natural than this option becomes a killer option. I would have to say that it would be my number one option but I believe the 2ball is sitting a little low for the results needed. However, point well taken and another strong move from the baby. (y)

Dr. Bill

mr3cushion

Verified Member
The Ghost also mentioned that he thinks the 13ball sits too high, if so then this option is considerably weakened. mr3cushion's shot with playing the 9ball off the 10ball now becomes my choice for several reasons, I'll explain. Playing the 9ball off the 10ball moves three balls that go into your opponent's pocket and not into yours, plus it opens up your pocket for the 1ball which that in itself is appealing enough to choose it. Now you have the trapping factor with positioning the cue ball frozen on the 13ball and a better ball position to do damage if your trapping move turns out to be successful.

Let's envision the newly created position after we shoot and compare it to the original position, you can clearly see the benefit of this option.

Ky, cutting the 4ball into the 9ball and going up table seems to be viable, however, IMO you are not changing the landscape to where you can clearly envision a stronger ball position. I agree it's an easier shot to execute but the results aren't as strong.

Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill
Billy, in post #6, I mentioned the 13 ball being too tough to carom.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
good eye /strong shot...... 👍
surprised to see you pick a shot where the cue ball doesnt do anything fancy.....😁 ...just kidding bill
Larry, I thought of u, when I saw it! Perfect stop shot.

Reactions: lll

jtompilot

Verified Member
I like banking the 15 ball 1 rail and spinning the cue ball up to the top corner area by the 14 ball. K
If I bank the 15 I’m playing to either play shape on the 6 for the breakout or to back cut the 13 sending the 9 to my side then working on the rest of the stack

cincy_kid

Verified Member
another shot (not mentioned I dont think) that I dont like as well but still could be viable:

Bank the 15 3 rails to your pocket, CB goes up table on the head rail...if the 15 falls, you bank the 8 next and keep the CB there behind the stack on his long rail

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I think Cardone and Baby Huey both need to clean their glasses...😄 As others have mentioned, the 9ball is too low for the carom shot. And I don't believe the 2ball can be hit for a bank on account of the 4ball being in the way.

3CBill's shot is probably the best shot-- shooting the 9 into the 10, and sticking. My second choice would be banking the 15 straight-back and kicking the CB over to the opponent's rail. One note of caution though: I'm not sure that the 5 can't be made by a rail first ticky...

unoperro

Verified Member
I think you can play that 4/1 combo cut the 4 a little to the right with center ball or 1/2 tip draw. Whitey goes up to middle diamond on opponents long rail .
1 goes two rail and moves it and the 10 towards your side.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Jump draw into the 4 1 combo ,it hits opponents long rail, caroms into the 10, sending it to your side, making the 6 , 1 goes into stack , 4 caroms into 13 sending it toward your pocket. draw back and shoot 15 straight in , clean up all the balls you just sent to your pocket. Bow deeply and collect all the money, take girlfriend out for a red panty night, and give the wife 20 % of the money for bills.
Actually ,I am banking the 15 ball and going cross table for the 6, I can hit that shot good every day of my life and probably never sell out from there.
If I make the 15, I probably make the 6 and play shape on the ball in his upper corner 2 rails. I'm certain the other 2 bills shots are correct for their level of play, this one is correct for mine. I don't have the finesse to not hit the 10 too thick sometimes for Mr 3 c shot and double kiss it right in front of the pocket, and I am not positive I can get the bottom rail on the doctors shot every time, so the one comes out of play, So my best shot at getting the money as a c player {being generous} is to go the other route. Plus, nobody will ever quit me, I never do anything they can't do.

androd

Verified Member
All carom shots are ajustable with hit and English. I believe I could make it, if not the 9ball moves the 10ball anyway.
P.S. The13ball is lined up to hit the short rail a couple of inches from the pocket, the thiner hit on the 9ball, a little left English.
Bob's your uncle.

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
I like kickin' the 14 ball 1 rail too my hole.... freezing whitey to the head rail is what gives this shot strength.

Kybanks

Verified Member
The Ghost also mentioned that he thinks the 13ball sits too high, if so then this option is considerably weakened. mr3cushion's shot with playing the 9ball off the 10ball now becomes my choice for several reasons, I'll explain. Playing the 9ball off the 10ball moves three balls that go into your opponent's pocket and not into yours, plus it opens up your pocket for the 1ball which that in itself is appealing enough to choose it. Now you have the trapping factor with positioning the cue ball frozen on the 13ball and a better ball position to do damage if your trapping move turns out to be successful.

Let's envision the newly created position after we shoot and compare it to the original position, you can clearly see the benefit of this option.

Ky, cutting the 4ball into the 9ball and going up table seems to be viable, however, IMO you are not changing the landscape to where you can clearly envision a stronger ball position. I agree it's an easier shot to execute but the results aren't as strong.

Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill
I have some concerns with the cb after shooting the 9 into the 10. You could sell out the 13 ball cross corner or the 15 ball 2 railer. I just dont think my cb can be that accurate with speed.

Tobermory

Verified Member
I can’t quite tell from the pictures that this shot is available, but if the 12 can be banked back into the 2 or the 1, I’d stun the cue ball up table so that it ends up along the long rail as close to the corner pocket as possible. The 12 is at least going to move several balls towards my hole, and it might even carom in off the 1 or the 9. My position should be very positive after this shot.

wincardona

Verified Member
I think Cardone and Baby Huey both need to clean their glasses...😄 As others have mentioned, the 9ball is too low for the carom shot. And I don't believe the 2ball can be hit for a bank on account of the 4ball being in the way.

3CBill's shot is probably the best shot-- shooting the 9 into the 10, and sticking. My second choice would be banking the 15 straight-back and kicking the CB over to the opponent's rail. One note of caution though: I'm not sure that the 5 can't be made by a rail first ticky...
Arthur, I clearly state in post #21 that the 2ball is sitting too low for this shot to be an option, but the main point that should be established is the move (if available) is a super strong move and one that shouldn't be overlooked. OVER LOOKED...GET IT?

Dr. Bill

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I can’t quite tell from the pictures that this shot is available, but if the 12 can be banked back into the 2 or the 1, I’d stun the cue ball up table so that it ends up along the long rail as close to the corner pocket as possible. The 12 is at least going to move several balls towards my hole, and it might even carom in off the 1 or the 9. My position should be very positive after this shot.
Michael, re. you wanting to bank the 12 into the 2 or the 1...the 12 is froze to the 2, so you can only go straight across to the long rail with your cue ball - you can't cut the 12 and go up table with your cue ball.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Jump draw into the 4 1 combo ,it hits opponents long rail, caroms into the 10, sending it to your side, making the 6 , 1 goes into stack , 4 caroms into 13 sending it toward your pocket. draw back and shoot 15 straight in , clean up all the balls you just sent to your pocket. Bow deeply and collect all the money, take girlfriend out for a red panty night, and give the wife 20 % of the money for bills.
Actually ,I am banking the 15 ball and going cross table for the 6, I can hit that shot good every day of my life and probably never sell out from there.
If I make the 15, I probably make the 6 and play shape on the ball in his upper corner 2 rails. I'm certain the other 2 bills shots are correct for their level of play, this one is correct for mine. I don't have the finesse to not hit the 10 too thick sometimes for Mr 3 c shot and double kiss it right in front of the pocket, and I am not positive I can get the bottom rail on the doctors shot every time, so the one comes out of play, So my best shot at getting the money as a c player {being generous} is to go the other route. Plus, nobody will ever quit me, I never do anything they can't do.
^ Billy, you got it all right here except for one thing = you gotta give the wife 35% of the cash instead of low-balling her with that 20 % :)

Last edited:

Tobermory

Verified Member
Well, couldn't you cut the 12 and go up table with a controlled cue ball, causing the frozen 12 to kiss off the 2 ball, rebound off the long rail and then go where? Wouldn't it hit into the stack of balls somewhere, pushing balls toward your side?

Michael, re. you wanting to bank the 12 into the 2 or the 1...the 12 is froze to the 2, so you can only go straight across to the long rail with your cue ball - you can't cut the 12 and go up table with your cue ball.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Well, couldn't you cut the 12 and go up table with a controlled cue ball, causing the frozen 12 to kiss off the 2 ball, rebound off the long rail and then go where? Wouldn't it hit into the stack of balls somewhere, pushing balls toward your side?
Actually, I was going to answer that very question ahead of time in my previous post, but I was too lazy...oh well...that would be no bueno, because the 1ball will carom off of the 9 and go towards your opponents pocket.