John vs. Barry 7 - the end game - wwyd?

jtompilot

Verified Member
Nice shot shooting the combination in Whitey, but sorry, what you posted above is incorrect = what was "obvious" in the actual game, and on the actual table, was that the angle was such that to shoot and make the combination, the cueball would definitely go into the 11 ball - as pilot Jim thought...

Barry studied the angle before deciding on this option, and where exactly to leave his cueball so as to leave that negative angle on the combination, as well as leaving the least good angle on the spotted ball that he could, putting his finger on the rail to memorize/lock in the best place.....and I looked closely at the angle Barry left, and confirm this actuality.
I don’t care who or why but I’m not taking an intentional, If you and Barry like it that’s ok too.
Good friendly debate and good WWUD

lll

Verified Member
The setup, while not, perhaps, exact - was very close and to be complimented.
There seems to be a small variation on the angle from 5 to 9 and therefor from CB to 9 for the combo. We all know minute variations can make for big differences.

As Ghost was the only one who actually saw the layout; there is little reason to argue his point.

The end result of this, seems to me, to be exactly what was intended. To stimulate discussion, ideas, learning.
There are limitations to performing these kind of evaluations from pictures and we all understand that.

Thanks to Ghost for keeping us occupied and furthering my knowledge.
Thank you to Whitey for all the work you put in to engage and contribute so much.

Regards,
-B
great post
i agree 100%
:)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I don’t care who or why but I’m not taking an intentional, If you and Barry like it that’s ok too.
Good friendly debate and good WWUD
I never said I liked Barry's shot - I only care about Barry's shot (as well as every other wwyd shot result) being acknowledged and evaluated accurately, and without bias......as far as what shot I do like? - I don't like any of them - they're all 'fraught with covid' 😷

Last edited:

unoperro

Verified Member
Ghost isn't it possible to load up whitey with lefthand english and 1 rail the spotted ball towards the 3? Intent is to leave whitey back where this started.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Ghost isn't it possible to load up whitey with lefthand english and 1 rail the spotted ball towards the 3? Intent is to leave whitey back where this started.
Absolutely...and as everybody has already said, just make sure not to miss it thick...if the cueball was 3" off the rail, I'd shoot it for sure - but being dead on the rail, maybe, maybe not.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
I never said I liked Barry's shot - I only care about Barry's shot (as well as every other wwyd shot result) being acknowledged and evaluated accurately, and without bias......as far as what shot I do like? - I don't like any of them - they're all 'fraught with covid' 😷
ghost
how was barry"s shot evaluated either inaccurately or biased???
you seem to have your feelers hurt for some reason
what with the bold fonts
everyone loves you..🥰😍🥰😘
you keep the site going and provide provocative layouts for discussion
by now you should realize you are the messenger
we arent shooting YOU
👍

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
ghost
how was barry"s shot evaluated either inaccurately or biased???
you seem to have your feelers hurt for some reason
what with the bold fonts
everyone loves you..🥰😍🥰😘
you keep the site going and provide provocative layouts for discussion
by now you should realize you are the messenger
we arent shooting YOU
👍
No worries Larry. (other than the Covid, that is 😷).

beatle

Verified Member
bullets go right through a ghost. but a co2 fire extinguisher will freeze his ass right up and make him fall to pieces.
if you cant shoot the messenger who are you going to.

jtompilot

Verified Member
You know, you have to eventually shoot whether you like it or not. Or do I have to wait till my next birthday for you to shoot😜

baby huey

Verified Member
Bank the nine ball two short rails to your pocket and the cue ball will kick the three ball towards your pocket. As a bonus to this shot you have cleared two balls out of your opponents pocket and given yourself a chance to score.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Bank the nine ball two short rails to your pocket and the cue ball will kick the three ball towards your pocket. As a bonus to this shot you have cleared two balls out of your opponents pocket and given yourself a chance to score.
👻

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000youre-a-little-late-to-the-p...jpg

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
https://photos.app.goo.gl/c5jVAhCzFU2FYoSW9
Hold on there! I have had some bold underline statements directed towards my shot selections. First off, I do not post any shots I can not do, and can not back up. The double back bank I had already done it as I depicted it a couple of times before I posted. @ 2-1/2" we see it is possible if you use enough reverse english to slow the cb down. This shot would be easier on a Diamond table that grabs much more english than mine, except for actually making the 13, for a Diamond tends to reverse coming off the 2nd. rail, in which you notice my table did not.

I did not want to do this above video, but I got bold printed!

But this return shot I re-did the set up as close as possible to sorackem's lines. It is interesting in that if I set the 9 ball coming more towards me then it goes directly into the hole, no need for a combination. If I set it over towards the center more then I have a direct line to just cut the 3 ball in. But I did bring it towards me some, which makes for more separation between the 9 & 3, and changes where the cb goes.
If I try to move the balls then the lines of sorackem do not line up, so it has to be pretty close!

Sorackem you can draw your lines again through my set up, if you would like, for I would like to know how close it is. So we know if the shot is there as executed.

As you see the cb now goes on a path as drawn by mr3c. It is your decision as to whether to take on this combo, but in my opinion the cb path is correct and goes in behind the 13 safe. The reason and only reason I pulled the 13 farther, 4-3/4", from the rail is because you can see it is farther away in the 2nd picture, and you can see the tip of the cushion above the 13 in this picture. The 13 ball position is vital in deciding as to whether or not to take on this shot.

Some of Ghost's best wwyds are with just a few balls, this is not exception, and offered up many alternative shots. The 2nd view changed the perception of many shots, and of course the balls had to be reset. thanks for the wwyd, its been great, especially with Cincy and Dave joining in videoing their shots.

It will be interesting to see if my set is pretty darn close, and if anyone tries to set it up, they then will know just what I am talking about. thanks,
I am pretty thick skinned, so I am good with the bold print, it is all good fun for me! Looking forward to next wwyd, thanks, Ghost! Whitey

Oh, by the way there is another return shot; kick off the side rail before the side pocket and back cut the 3 into the hole and the cb comes around. For you kickers!

Last edited:

12squared

Verified Member
Hold on there! I have had some bold underline statements directed towards my shot selections. First off, I do not post any shots I can not do, and can not back up. The double back bank I had already done it as I depicted it a couple of times before I posted. @ 2-1/2" we see it is possible if you use enough reverse english to slow the cb down. This shot would be easier on a Diamond table that grabs much more english than mine, except for actually making the 13, for a Diamond tends to reverse coming off the 2nd. rail, in which you notice my table did not.

But this return shot I re-did the set up as close as possible to sorackem's lines. It is interesting in that if I set the 9 ball coming more towards me then it goes directly into the hole, no need for a combination. If I set it over towards the center more then I have a direct line to just cut the 3 ball in. But I did bring it towards me some, which makes for more separation between the 9 & 3, and changes where the cb goes.
If I try to move the balls then the lines of sorackem do not line up, so it has to be pretty close!

Sorackem you can draw your lines again through my set up, if you would like, for I would like to know how close it is. So we know if the shot is there as executed.

As you see the cb now goes on a path as drawn by mr3c. It is your decision as to whether to take on this combo, but in my opinion the cb path is correct and goes in behind the 13 safe. The reason and only reason I pulled the 13 farther, 4-3/4", from the rail is because you can see it is farther away in the 2nd picture, and you can see the tip of the cushion above the 13 in this picture. The 13 ball position is vital in deciding as to whether or not to take on this shot.

Some of Ghost's best wwyds are with just a few balls, this is not exception, and offered up many alternative shots. The 2nd view changed the perception of many shots, and of course the balls had to be reset. thanks for the wwyd, its been great, especially with Cincy and Dave joining in videoing their shots.

It will be interesting to see if my set is pretty darn close, and if anyone tries to set it up, they then will know just what I am talking about. thanks,
I am pretty thick skinned, so I am good with the bold print, it is all good fun for me! Looking forward to next wwyd, thanks, Ghost! Whitey

Oh, by the way there is another return shot; kick off the side rail before the side pocket and back cut the 3 into the hole and the cb comes around. For you kickers!
Bold Print Gold 👍😎😂🤪

Happy 4th. Be safe.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
The setup, we all know minute variations can make for big differences.

As Ghost was the only one who actually saw the layout; there is little reason to argue.

Regards,
-B
For my last post in this thread...,in regards to determining, and/or re-creating, whether particular shots were available or not in this or any other presented wwyd?...

The two sentences posted posted above by rackem, says it all. <--- Just 3 small bolded words.

Jimmy B

Verified Member

Happy 4th.. Your shots are a HIGH POINT. YOU DA MAN. AND GHOST...

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
So what was John's return shot then ?
He went to the bathroom and climbed out the window, no money was posted and he was already down 2 games and he knew if he lost this one, Barry would wake up.
He left behind a borrowed cue, and a ziploc baggie, with a small chunk of something, that resembled government cheese.
Plus ,Whitey is the only treasure in this hideous cesspool of humanity, please don't bold him any more, OR I"M TELLING!.

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
So what was John's return shot then ?
Like many here suggested, John attempted to very thinly cut the 12 at the 3...and interestingly, while making sure to err on the less costly side, if erring, he wound up over-cutting it, barely grazing it, the 12 only moving about 3" off of the spot, and with his cueball ending up up-table.