John vs. Barry 7 - the end game - wwyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
The big 'if' here is that the 13 is sitting too far from the rail for the force-follow kill.
Ghost believes it's not plausible.
My experience tells me 'I'd rather decide that when able to see for myself'.
"Ghost believes not plausible"...no, not quite - Ghost says it's not possible...not even for Mike Massey o_O ...

And why does Ghost says it's not possible? = why only because Ghost just can't help basing his observations and judgments on the fact that he lives in the real world, and not inside of the movie 'The Matrix'

vapros

Verified Member
I looked at that shot, ccj, but I don't think the 9 ball lays right. Besides, 'pretty firm' is a gross understatement.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
View attachment 431454

The line on the 3 ball may be off depending on exact angles and where you hit it. It might go up and back towards your hole. You would have a pretty good feel for speed standing at the table.
The cue ball you would have to decide between straight follow or using high left to come two rails. Again this is a spot you should be able to figure out standing at the table.
Careful of the kiss, looks good on paper, but I do not know! Whitey

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
For those of you that love kicks! Kick off the side rail into the 9 making it in your scoring pocket! The cb continues and also takes out the 3. A beautiful kick shot! Whitey

Larry: You guys crossing the 9
do you think there is a kiss ?

Larry, the 9 ball can be banked straight into your scoring pocket by hitting it thin.
But I think you are thinking about either hitting the 9 into the left side of the 3, by crossing the face slightly
or,
coming off of the right side of the 9 and then cb goes into the 3 sending it towards your hole.
There is no kiss on either shot! Whitey

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
Beware of leaving Jojo down low. The 13 banks cross-corner in either direction, and at pocket speed it is an excellent shot even if you don't make it.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Load up bottom right and bank the 13 ball two rails to my pocket. Cue ball spins off the bottom rail into the three banking it cross corner to my hole. After whitey hits the three it caroms into the 9 banking the 9 long rail to my hole making all three balls. Shot needs to be played pretty firm...

If that isnt laying good I'd probably kick off the bottom rail into the 3/9 clearing both balls.
Hey now there’s a TC shot...very good imagination there crabbcat...
I like it a lot, and would not hesitate to fire at it for $10.00 a game...But would you take a pop at it for $300.00 a game.... I like it....., but not that much.... : ) These type of shots are why I like to watch players with great imagination, and the cojones to back them up...

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
Load up bottom right and bank the 13 ball two rails to my pocket. Cue ball spins off the bottom rail into the three banking it cross corner to my hole.
This is the shot I would have chosen, had it not been for the CB sitting so close to the rail (1/2").

Kybanks

Verified Member
The only spot that doesn't sell out a shot is froze behind the 3 ball.

jtompilot

Verified Member
Did anyone thin the 13 going two rails to the head rail by the first diamond, doubling up the 9/3

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
"Ghost believes not plausible"...no, not quite - Ghost says it's not possible...not even for Mike Massey o_O ...

And why does Ghost says it's not possible? = why only because Ghost just can't help basing his observations and judgments on the fact that he lives in the real world, and not inside of the movie 'The Matrix'

The angry smiley? - really?......wow.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Piece of cake: simply hit the 9 ball full favoring the left side firm stun to carom into the 13 making it, and banking the 9 off the 3 to my hole to make or get close enough to win the game. There's a chance the 3 three rails toward my hole too. What could go wrong?
I'm so glad you added the "What could go wrong" so many folks forget that part. Something else they forget is that, if you know in the back of your mind, you are shooting a bad shot, you can bet the pool room you will not hit it great. Most people will butcher it , just an observation.