John vs. Barry 3 - responding to the break - wwyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I figgered I should put up a wwyd to take our minds off of the end-of-the-world...

John just broke --- Barry's shot --- wwyd? >>>

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I might just fire into the twelve and tuck jojo in between the 4-13 against the six..

2020-03-13 02_22_38-Microsoft Edge.png

alpodog

Verified Member
I'm coming off the 10, cue ball by my opponents pocket, not leaving a bank on the one

J.R.

Verified Member
I might just fire into the twelve and tuck jojo in between the 4-13 against the six..

View attachment 430192
I agree with this shot selection by "Jimmy B" but I believe the 12-ball will go past the 3-ball and 2-ball (see yellow and red lines in Jimmy B's diagram) after its rebound off the long rail. On this shot I would strike the cue ball with a moderately firm hit.

lll

Verified Member
some might bank the 2 into the 1 or 8 and leave the cue ball on the head rail doubling up the 14 /11
the angle you need to get to the head rail doesnt let you bank it into the 5 (would be better )from how i see the table

lll

Verified Member
do i have to wash my cursor after touching someones post??:D
ghost thanks for wwyd to get us back on track.....(y)(y)

pooladdiction

Now that I’ve had my first one pocket lesson from ghostly, I almost feel qualified to post in these threads 😂. I’m banking the 3 with top freezing him to the 12

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I was going to shoot the 3 and freeze on 13 too like Bob said but I like Billy's shot and would do that because it clears all balls and you have him pretty tight there....

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I figgered I should put up a wwyd to take our minds off of the end-of-the-world...

John just broke --- Barry's shot --- wwyd? >>>
It's nice of you to put up a fairly routine layout in order to sort of "change the subject" away from the virus drama..:)

Guys advocating banking the 3 (as I do) should realize that the 3 won't go. The object is to knock the 1 ball to the hole and hide whitey so that the opponent won't be able to knock it away. That's a pretty standard shot, and I don't see a whole lot that would be any better. Maybe Jerry can see something.

Eengat

Verified Member
couple of options there, but would consider also 3 into the 11, 1/2 ball hit. judging from how they are sitting it would be confident to get a thin enough hit to move the 3 away after contacting 11
stun-run-through off of the 2
looked at it, but straight bank on 3 onto the 1 safest and in that way I leave two balls on his long rail. doubled up > option later on to do something using safe haven upstream

lll

Verified Member
My concern with jimmy’s shot is if the 5 hits the 11 fat it stays there possibly leaving a shot
would have to be sure both balls clear

Island Drive

Verified Member
Hit 12 with draw, parking whitey to the left On the 4/6/13, key is to clip/draw off the 6 first Slightly. Bank speed of the 12 ball, should put the 12 about 1 diamond off your long rail.

PoolDawg

Now that I’ve had my first one pocket lesson from ghostly, I almost feel qualified to post in these threads 😂. I’m banking the 3 with top freezing him to the 12
How do I get some of these "Ghost" lessons :) -- Also I am banking the three....

catkins

Verified Member
I am banking the two into the stack and leaving cue ball in upper corner doubling him up from his hole