john v ghost

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona
You don't have to break serve to win a race in 1P. If it gets to 2-2 and both have held their breaks then whoever won the lag/coin toss has the 1.5 ball (folklore estimate of the value of the break) edge.

Tom--I'm well, thanks. It's hard for me to picture tailoring a general rule to the player's skill; keep it simple I say. The 9-8 rule probably evens things out a bit vs. the status quo.

I suppose you could have the player who wins the lag have the option in the hill-hill match of (1) give 9-8 and break or (2) take 9-8 and give up the break.

If you don't get the 1st break, you have to win on the other guys break in order to win the match. Otherwise the best you can do is tie, no?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Ghost to shoot right now! with this situation, both needing two balls.

Ghost's pocket at our left as we look at the table from the camera view. I should have labeled it, but was in a rush, lol.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-08-26_19-59-56.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-08-26_19-59-56.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well, it's hill/hill at 9 apiece. But unless I'm mistaken what Ghost said to the camera, they HAVE decided that the match must be won by 2 games. Presumably the backers were consulted... Will this contest now extend into the 4th day?;)

~Doc

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well, play has stalled in the 19th game. I don't know what the issue is. Ghost said something to the camera, but I couldn't figure it.

They obviously must be getting free table time. Ghost would never take so many breaks if he was on the clock...:D

Doc

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
No 2 ahead

No 2 ahead

Well, it's hill/hill at 9 apiece. But unless I'm mistaken what Ghost said to the camera, they HAVE decided that the match must be won by 2 games. Presumably the backers were consulted... Will this contest now extend into the 4th day?;)

~Doc

Doc.....I never saw that.....I called Red Shoes to find out.......This is the final game.......there is no 2 ahead

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
Seriously?

Seriously?

They can't find the up money that was in an envelope under the table. :eek:

You can't be serious.......I thought Freddy was holding it.....Who the **** leaves money in an envelope under the table? Didn't anybody learn anything from the incident in Philly couple years ago?

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
They can't find the up money that was in an envelope under the table. :eek:

You can't be serious.......I thought Freddy was holding it.....Who the **** leaves money in an envelope under the table? Didn't anybody learn anything from the incident in Philly couple years ago?

First report was wrong.

Freddy is holding the up money but he just realized he wore the pants that had a hole in the pocket today!

He's pretty sure that the money is still in the other pair of pants.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Has EVERY game been an uptable game? Has anyone in 3 days of playing run more than 4 balls? I like moving games but this is super slow grinding.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Has EVERY game been an uptable game? Has anyone in 3 days of playing run more than 4 balls? I like moving games but this is super slow grinding.

Maybe start by racking the balls up north to save some time :heh

On a more serious note, I have noticed the games seem to favor John for whatever reason when the balls head up there.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
congrats john.

john and barber please pm me your paypal or address where you want $ sent.

jimmy b - just want me to send steve payapal for site?

thanks to both you warriors.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Indeed. Couldn't have been any closer. Thanks for the entertainment and congrats to John!