john v ghost

tylerdurden

Verified Member
In all seriousness, you "theoretical" guys should give it a break or at least do some playing.

Dennis

In all seriousness, what are you talking about? I just said "big game" :confused: 3 to 3 vs 4 to 2 is kinda a big game, no? It is tied vs somebody has double the games.

Also, I have done a lot of pool playing Dennis; we are talking 8 hours a day for a good 10 years. Enough for you? Am I qualified to comment now? ha. I just don't get your assumptions and comments.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
As soon as you start betting $3000 maybe someone will care. Probably not though.

Dennis

Sooo, I guess only your comments count there, hey Cowboy? You wanna defend this, and noone notices the excruciatingly slow play? I mean, I know these are your homies, but still......:lol:lol

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
In all seriousness, what are you talking about? I just said "big game" :confused: 3 to 3 vs 4 to 2 is kinda a big game, no? It is tied vs somebody has double the games.

Also, I have done a lot of pool playing Dennis; we are talking 8 hours a day for a good 10 years. Enough for you? Am I qualified to comment now? ha. I just don't get your assumptions and comments.

TD,

I don't give a damn what you used to do, I don't give a damn what Freddy, Ghosty, Cardone, SJD, or any other S.O.B. "used to do". All I'm saying is "walk your ass into a poolroom and bet something serious with a guy who has a %50 chance of winning. Then your opinions on rules changes and every other goddamned thing may mean something to me. Until then, they won't.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Sooo, I guess only your comments count there, hey Cowboy? You wanna defend this, and noone notices the excruciatingly slow play? I mean, I know these are your homies, but still......:lol:lol

My comments mean nothing at all, except to me, and these guys ain't my homies. I don't know either one of them.

Try gambling at the game and your perspective may change. That's what the f@@k I'm saying. Too many non-gamblers here trying to imagine they know the best way to play the game and you're one of them.

Dennis

tylerdurden

Verified Member
TD,

I don't give a damn what you used to do, I don't give a damn what Freddy, Ghosty, Cardone, SJD, or any other S.O.B. "used to do". All I'm saying is "walk your ass into a poolroom and bet something serious with a guy who has a %50 chance of winning. Then your opinions on rules changes and every other goddamned thing may mean something to me. Until then, they won't.

Dennis

I have done that. In fact, since you are the one that wants to go down this road, when I was doing that, everyday, I certainly wasn't inclined to be in no pool forums, and didn't have the time for it either. My excuse for coming in here now is I don't really play anymore, what is yours?

Last edited:

1on1pooltournys

Verified Member
Been watching on and off...

Been watching on and off...

Been doing stuff at home all day and I've been finding myself checking back in on the stream every so often. I've enjoyed watching these guys. Both know the game very well. Sometimes I enjoy watching this caliber of play compared to world class. I've actually learned some stuff from these two fellas today. But they can't beat me because I shoot too straight for them...:eek: :sorry

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
TD,

Dennis

I have done that. In fact, since you are the one that wants to go down this road, when I was doing that, everyday, I certainly wasn't inclined to be in no pool forums, and didn't have the time for it either. My excuse for coming in here now is I don't really play anymore, what is yours?

In the 1st line of my reply I tell you I don't care what you used to do so naturally you reply and the 1st thing you tell me is what you used to do?

Walk into a poolroom and gamble already. You don't know what you are talking about. Bet an amount substantial against a guy who can win and then come on here and tell us of your ideas and theories.

Either that or go argue with the Duck.

Dennis

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
My comments mean nothing at all, except to me, and these guys ain't my homies. I don't know either one of them.

Try gambling at the game and your perspective may change. That's what the f@@k I'm saying. Too many non-gamblers here trying to imagine they know the best way to play the game and you're one of them.

Dennis

You make alot of illinformed assumptions, there, Cowboy. I magine I gamble as much as you do, and probably more. And for someone who claims to not be commenting for others listening pleasure, you sure do like to spread it around.

As for these guys, in all truth this is about as slow as I have ever witnessed, and Casper there would have a hell of a hard time getting anyone I play with to play him at his :lol:lol speed.

This match would make a great promo for one pocket, don't you think??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
4-4?

4-4?

I'm guessing it ended tonight at 4-4......Is that right? The thing that sucks about the stream is if you turn away for a minute u lose track of what's going on scorewise.....Maybe someone can announce/speak into the camera the score/game count after each game tomorrow? Or put markers on the table we can see?

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Yeah it ended 4-4. Last game was interesting. I think at one point every ball may have been uptable.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
In the 1st line of my reply I tell you I don't care what you used to do so naturally you reply and the 1st thing you tell me is what you used to do?

Walk into a poolroom and gamble already. You don't know what you are talking about. Bet an amount substantial against a guy who can win and then come on here and tell us of your ideas and theories.

Either that or go argue with the Duck.

Dennis

All this coming from a self proclaimed hardcore gambler, one who sits in a pool forum all day long with his nearly 10,000 posts?

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
You make alot of illinformed assumptions, there, Cowboy. I magine I gamble as much as you do, and probably more. And for someone who claims to not be commenting for others listening pleasure, you sure do like to spread it around.

As for these guys, in all truth this is about as slow as I have ever witnessed, and Casper there would have a hell of a hard time getting anyone I play with to play him at his :lol:lol speed.

This match would make a great promo for one pocket, don't you think??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

As a one pocket player the grind of it made the match more interesting to me personally...

It's easy to fire at the hole every shot.

The shot selection and mental side of the game is what appeals to me.

I've played the ghost and he plays looser and faster for less money.

Now that I think about it.. usually when the dollars go up the potential for slow games goes up too.

Dudley

One Pocket John

Verified Member
I tuned in yesterday and watched. First time I ever saw John or the Ghost play.

John kept getting belly hooked but managed to overcome that handy cap. :)

I have never played for the kind of money these guys are playing for so I cant comment on the why's and what for's of their play.

A good friend and 1P coach once told me that there are 3 games and that I needed to learn to play all 3.

1st game = 1P
2nd game = gambling
3rd game = 1P + gambling

I'm still on the 1st game and having a lot of fun.

I'll tune in again today.

Later guys :D

John

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'm a little surprised to read some of the negative commentary about the challenge match between Henderson and Ghost. Perhaps some of the newer members expected to see the type of play one might see in a marquee contest such as between Frost and SVB.

These two men are very good players, but neither are pro quality, and they're both past their primes. Ghost is in his 60's, and John in his early 70's. They both know the game very well, and are not about to make some silly error of judgement over shot selection. Yet they both love the action, and can ply the game of one-pocket to express their competitiveness.

They deserve our credit. They've been good sports about the build-up to the match for the past several weeks. They graciously agreed to be put on live stream so that anyone anywhere could tune in and examine their play under the microscope. And we get to watch for free! They are playing for stakes that for all but a very few on this site generally do not play.

Until one becomes older himself, he's not going to understand how age affects the nerves. Seniors simply are not any longer capable of playing that carefree, swaggering, audacious type of game that we did at 30. There will be episodes of that type of play, but caution will usually win out.

Because of the circumstances, both men are bound to pucker a little. Yet watching their play was very instructive to me. I think they've settled down a little, and I expect to see more good one-pocket from these old war horses when they resume today. Now it'll be a race to 6 for the cheese...

~Doc

One Pocket John

Verified Member
I'm a little surprised to read some of the negative commentary about the challenge match between Henderson and Ghost. Perhaps some of the newer members expected to see the type of play one might see in a marquee contest such as between Frost and SVB.

These two men are very good players, but neither are pro quality, and they're both past their primes. Ghost is in his 60's, and John in his early 70's. They both know the game very well, and are not about to make some silly error of judgement over shot selection. Yet they both love the action, and can ply the game of one-pocket to express their competitiveness.

They deserve our credit. They've been good sports about the build-up to the match for the past several weeks. They graciously agreed to be put on live stream so that anyone anywhere could tune in and examine their play under the microscope. And we get to watch for free! They are playing for stakes that for all but a very few on this site generally do not play.

Until one becomes older himself, he's not going to understand how age affects the nerves. Seniors simply are not any longer capable of playing that carefree, swaggering, audacious type of game that we did at 30. There will be episodes of that type of play, but caution will usually win out.

Because of the circumstances, both men are bound to pucker a little. Yet watching their play was very instructive to me. I think they've settled down a little, and I expect to see more good one-pocket from these old war horses when they resume today. Now it'll be a race to 6 for the cheese...

~Doc

I wandered what had happened to my game :frus, I'm 66 and practice everyday.

John

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL

~Doc

WELL SAID Doc!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"