Jet vs Shannon Murphy

The Milk Man

Verified Member
Jet is playing Shannon Murphy long rack banks at Michaels in Fairfield, OH Wed Oct 6 at 7pm.

It was posted on AZ by Shannon's backer. He wanted me to post over here.

Shev

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
It's on

It's on

The Milk Man said:
Jet is playing Shannon Murphy long rack banks at Michaels in Fairfield, OH Wed Oct 6 at 7pm.

It was posted on AZ by Shannon's backer. He wanted me to post over here.

Shev

Just talked to Jet. It's on. I guess Jet got tired of waiting for them champions to come look him up at Red Shoes. They will be playing on Diamond tables. Another big factor against Jet besides losing home court. No matter, Jet is cut in the mold of Monster John, hard playing and non-fearing.

Beard

Go git 'em baby! I cant go, I'm getting my rt eyeball shaved wednesday.

The Milk Man

Verified Member
twister said:
Go get em Jet! Anyone know if there is a spot involved?

From what I was told it will be two races to 5 playing long rack. There was no mention of a spot.

Shev

f67bird

Streamed?

Streamed?

I hope someone streams it, or puts a decent video camera on a tripod and uploads the match on youtube.
Love watching action matches with great players!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Shannon and Jet won one set each...then they played one final set for all the cheese - about 9k......Shannon won...:eek:

- Ghost

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
One Pocket Ghost said:
Shannon and Jet won one set each...then they played one final set for all the cheese - about 9k......Shannon won...:eek:

- Ghost

Jet got dusted the 1st set 5-0 and lost the 3rd set 6-1. Who is this Shannon Murphy? Haven't seen his name before. Going to have to do some research:)

Can we get a breakdown of what happened? Did Jet play horrible? Did Shannon play over his head? Let's hear some opposing views.

Is there going to be a reloading of the barrels and a rematch?

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Shannon

Shannon

CaliRed said:
Jet got dusted the 1st set 5-0 and lost the 3rd set 6-1. Who is this Shannon Murphy? Haven't seen his name before. Going to have to do some research:)

Can we get a breakdown of what happened? Did Jet play horrible? Did Shannon play over his head? Let's hear some opposing views.

I thought they were going to play today. I'll call Jet and Eddie later. Shannon came in 3rd in the 9 ball at last years DCC. He lost out to Efren.

Beard

I wasnt happy about Jet playing on Diamond tables. They have like none, in Chicago.

oldroller

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
I thought they were going to play today. I'll call Jet and Eddie later. Shannon came in 3rd in the 9 ball at last years DCC. He lost out to Efren.

Beard

I wasnt happy about Jet playing on Diamond tables. They have like none, in Chicago.
Jet played pretty sporty at DCC on Diamonds

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Ring Game only

Ring Game only

oldroller said:
Jet played pretty sporty at DCC on Diamonds

That was in the Ring Game. Completely different scenario. He didnt play any another match at DCC after that.

Beard

Previous years at DCC he always had difficulty with the Diamonds.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
CaliRed said:

Pretty impressive, and decisive two set scores. How about the middle set, what was the score in that set?

Jet lost 11 out of 12 games, better look for another opponent or make an adjustment somewhere. :eek: :eek:

Billy I.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
wincardona said:
Pretty impressive, and decisive two set scores. How about the middle set, what was the score in that set?

Jet lost 11 out of 12 games, better look for another opponent or make an adjustment somewhere. :eek: :eek:

Billy I.

Maybe he needs to go back to Freddy for a refresher course.;)
Rod.

freddythebeard said:
Jet has proven to be the perfect executor of my strategies. He is "Ghost Playing" for me. (Similar to "Ghost Writing") "You cant out move the Beard's Ghost at bank pool."

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
on the road again, can't wait to get on the road again.

on the road again, can't wait to get on the road again.

fred bentivegna said:
That was in the Ring Game. Completely different scenario. He didnt play any another match at DCC after that.

Beard

Previous years at DCC he always had difficulty with the Diamonds.

I don't think looking for execuses is going to help Jet or any player that goes to another players room (home court) to play. You better be skilled enough to take on that kind of a challenge, and if you're not then don't do it.

Having the home court playing bank pool is very strong, probably worth close to a ball. But by the scores of the sets that were played, you would think that he was over matched.

Playing bank pool in the Southside of Chicago is worth more then a ball if you're not familiar and comfortable doing so. There is a lot to be said about the advantages of home court, especially in the southside of Chicago.:eek:

You compared Jet to Monster John, mistake. Monster John has a lot more seasoning then Jet, and I believe that is the difference in the two. When I was living in Chicago, and during the times I frequented Chicago I never heard of Jet traveling to other pool halls to play. So why would you think that he could travel to other cities to play champions? Seasoning is a crucial ingredient in the recipe of success, and without that you're going to have a difficult time beating champions on the road.:eek: But this experience will help Jet, and his next trip where ever it may be will be easier for him to win.

Billy I.

shw

Verified Member
shannon

shannon

shannon plays good banks.

a couple weeks ago, michael's in cincinnati had a bank-mini tournament with 28 players. shannon won it beating john brumback in the final.

watch out for him at the derby this year.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
here's some video of Shannon....

I remember him now, I was rooting against him when he played Efren at DCC (I was rooting for Efren to win the all around):D

[youtube]6s5icF9lRaA[/youtube]

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
banks and other....

banks and other....

You can teach us banks Freddie but you cant teach experience or height.At the Galaxie 2000 in West Virginia in 86-7 at a big 9-ball tournament there was a 9-10 year old kid who never missed and was supposed to bring everyone to their knees in a few years.Many are called but few come through,cheers,Bob

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
He aint quite dead yet

He aint quite dead yet

usblues said:
You can teach us banks Freddie but you cant teach experience or height.At the Galaxie 2000 in West Virginia in 86-7 at a big 9-ball tournament there was a 9-10 year old kid who never missed and was supposed to bring everyone to their knees in a few years.Many are called but few come through,cheers,Bob

Jeez, the guy lost 2 out of 3 sets and you think his career is over. That's the first match he has lost in one year. Just for the record, Shannons backers could only come up with 2k to play ONE set. The agreement was 2 sets for 2k each. When Eddie and Jet arrived, Shannon's people could only scrape up 2k. Jets backer made too many mistakes managing. He let Jet pick the wrong table to play on, pockets were too tough for somebody coming in cold, he let SHannon bet 2 instead of 4, and because he only bet 2 he let him make the session too long. For that small money I would have made Shannon play 2 out of 3. You just cant let top players have their way in every category. Jets backer didnt consult me for anything on this one. Not even a phone call. Maybe worried I would want a gapper.
Well i certainly didnt get no gapper and he certainly lost his cheese.
Jet might not have enough road experience, but I certainly do. He would have at least had a chance if I was helping with the managing.

Beard

Maybe now both Jet and Ed will ask for a refresher course.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
Jets backer made too many mistakes managing. He let Jet pick the wrong table to play on, pockets were too tough for somebody coming in cold, he let SHannon bet 2 instead of 4, and because he only bet 2 he let him make the session too long.

Beard

Maybe now both Jet and Ed will ask for a refresher course.

People who have never played banks exclusively or almost exclusively don't realize how tough it is to play on a strange table, especially full-rack banks. There won't be a lot of simple straight-backs or cross-corners with 15 balls on the table. It's not like just learning the speed for one-pocket or nine-ball, you have to become intimately aware of every rail (6), every roll for pocket-speed banks and for playing safties. It's much tougher all around. He'll learn.

I loved playing banks and did O.K. but I hated strange tables.

Dennis

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
CaliRed said:
here's some video of Shannon....

I remember him now, I was rooting against him when he played Efren at DCC (I was rooting for Efren to win the all around):D
Nice video, Red. But he'll never win a straight pool tournament.;) Maybe his best game is banks.

Doc

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
years

years

Hey Freddie,ain't no way anybodys giving up after one trip,just saying.Like the man says,in the long run might be a good thing.Agreed Doc 14.1 ain't his No.1.Not just now.....