Jersey Bill

SJDinPHX

Suspended
vapros said:
Dick, I wouldn't like to see them politicians playing for big money. Don't forget who their stakehorses are. Haven't they blown enough of our money this week? :eek: :eek:

V-man,

The guy still has almost 3 years to go...He's only just started to piss away money we don't have...He is an "Air Barrell Artist"...:eek:

BackPocket9Ball

Verified Member
From
Philadelphia
gulfportdoc said:
Reza, don't tell me you quit playing pool?:confused: You're still young, and are a good one-pocket player. Are you still living in the same city?

Best regards~ Doc

Doc,
I'm still living in the same general area as when we last saw each other. I've gone back and forth between Philly, DC, and NYC. I've been living in Philly for three years now and have gotten married and have a pretty intense job as an actuary with Blue Cross Blue Shield. I might start playing again someday in the coming years, but I stopped about 2 1/2 years ago, and haven't really had the time since.

Hope all is well.

BackPocket9Ball

Verified Member
From
Philadelphia
senor said:
Hey Reza,

Hope all is well. I know Santos can play, but since I've never seen him play I don't know how to compartmentalize him in my noggin. Can you compare Flaco and/or Santos to players that you know I have played or to Houston area players you remember on your visits here? One player that lived here for a while that moved to that area is Mago. I'm not sure if he has played any one pocket up there, though. I know he has been doing well playing rotation games. Thanks and take care.

Hmmm ... in Houston, I would say Flaco would be a level under Hillbilly and Jeremy, two levels under Cliff and Gabe. I would define a level as 8-7. I probably misspoke about him vs. Santos. Santos would probably be the favorite in the long-run even up. I think that David G might be an even game for Flaco, but when I saw Dave play, I couldn't tell how good of a mover he was.

senor

Verified Member
BackPocket9Ball said:
Hmmm ... in Houston, I would say Flaco would be a level under Hillbilly and Jeremy, two levels under Cliff and Gabe. I would define a level as 8-7. I probably misspoke about him vs. Santos. Santos would probably be the favorite in the long-run even up. I think that David G might be an even game for Flaco, but when I saw Dave play, I couldn't tell how good of a mover he was.

David will always be a shoot first kind of player, but I think he has played so many different players over the years that he has just the right mixture to be dangerous and can successfully play different styles of one pocket. He can't beat JJ or Gabe in the long run, but Hillbilly can't beat David in the long run. Don't get me wrong, what Hillbilly does well, he does as well or better than any of his peers. He is just not in tune with the finer points of one pocket.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
BackPocket9Ball said:
Jersey Bill is Bill Hendrixson (sometimes people think his last name is Henderson). Very strong one pocket player from Northern New Jersey. He is very knowledgeable as well.

Jersey Mel is also from the same area. He was also a strong player, but not sure he plays anymore.

Judging from what I've heard of John Henderson's game, a game between John and Bill would be pretty even.

Thanks for the intel! I actually PM JerseyBill and he gave me his last name as Henderson, but said he went under different names. I told him he should match up with John because Joh's one of the nicest guys in pool and a gentleman at the table - I even included John in the PM w/Bill so they can start talking. Now that I read your take on him, not sure if I did a good thing, but John can take care of himself.

Anyway, thanks again for the info.

Dave

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
BackPocket9Ball said:
Doc,
I'm still living in the same general area as when we last saw each other. I've gone back and forth between Philly, DC, and NYC. I've been living in Philly for three years now and have gotten married and have a pretty intense job as an actuary with Blue Cross Blue Shield. I might start playing again someday in the coming years, but I stopped about 2 1/2 years ago, and haven't really had the time since.

Hope all is well.
We'll keep a seat open for you. I've stopped a few times over the years and it can be tough to get started again. One thing I noticed is that although you may have walked out of the poolroom and not touched a stick for several years, and the players that stayed on have been shooting and shooting and staying in form, when you walk back in three years later, everybody expects the same pecking order to be in place -- they sure don't cut you any slack to get back in stroke. Yet, it seems like once you do start back up, you quickly do regain your spot in the line-up.

To me, the main thing is to enjoy the game -- the process. Of course results matter, but if you manage your level of betting according to how comfortable you are with your game -- especially if you have a good job and can afford to lose a little, lol -- then you can ease back in quite nicely.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Derby again...